WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Evening, I'm tucked into bed early, feeling run down. I am a bit surrounded by sniffling, coughing, sick children--over the years I've built up a pretty good immunity but I'm being extra cautious with handwashing frequently and trying to get a little more rest. Expecting another ice storm tonight so I don't know if I will be facing a tough commute tomorrow or another snowday!

<3 good night ladies, NYKAREN
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    caramiamom wrote: »
    Just starting in Feb. I've been to the gym 2 days in a row... it's a start. Looking for encouragement as I have lots to loose. I like Becca's goals:
    February's Goals

-eat like a healthy person!
    -sleep 7 to 9 hrs a night, no more.
    -limit tablet games to 1 hour a day (15 min intervals each)
    -read one book a week (minimum)
    -morning 15 minute stretches, floor work
    -take daily walks 20 minutes
    -have quiet time for 20 minutes
    -journal write nightly.

Most of these sound doable for me. Thanks for the group!

CC

Good job!!! A start is a start in the right direction. Baby steps, that's how we all get there. Welcome to a great group of ladies.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    evening my friends..
    worked at Dads for about 4 hrs and didnt even get through a inch of what we need to, came home and took a nap... sent my son back to grandpas house, he needs to come back to reality..
    Alfie and I are watching puppy bowl where are they now.. he does watch the tv for the dogs..

Good job, Allie.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    I've been wondering about Sue in WA, that has horses and goats. Has she posted lately and I have just missed them? I don't recall a post for several weeks.

Janetr OKC
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    HEATHER I watched Michael Mosley prog too I did the 10 stand ups in 12 seconds, we rock for older ladies.

ALLIE you have such a lot to cope with now, look after yourself, so glad you have Alfie

NYKAREN keep warm and comfy, hope snowstorms don't turn up

Hope my DD has good result tomorrow

Kate UK <3
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Heather, no I haven’t really figured out why I’m sabotaging myself. I’ve been feeling anxious the last few months. Going to have to think more on it instead of ignoring it.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,682 Member
    Options
    Mmm
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Sue! Hope you had a great day.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,682 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.45min, 135mhr, 11.6amph. 1.4mi= 78c
    apple watch- 59c
    manual* TREADMILL- walk/slow jog, 30min, 116ahr, 143mhr, 1.8mi = 217c
    apple - 227c
    ROWING MACHINE- 10min, 91aw, 139mhr, 1911meters= 95c
    apple- 93c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.41min, 15.7amph est, 136mhr, 1.4mi= 58c
    apple watch- 49c
    RIDE BIKE PUY 2 SUMN STA- 17.01min, 135mhr, 10.6amph, 3mi= 143c
    apple watch- 115c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.14min, 144mhr, 9.59min mi, .5mi= 61c
    apple watch- 56c
    jog wk 2 sta- .5min, 10.14min mi, 145mhr, .4mi= 65c
    apple watch- 56c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 20.36min, 7.6amph,144mhr, 2.6mi= 192c
    apple watch- 152c

total cal 920
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    Did Jari Love's Slim & Lean DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to use the stairmaster at the new gym. This is the first time I will have gone there.

annieguz - welcome! Sounds like you've found something that works for you. That's wonderful, keep it up!

Pam in WA - welcome! We're so glad to have you with us. Just jump right in when you can

Sharon - guess your boss wasn't thinking. Wonder how he'd feel if someone said something like that to him?

Becca - you do look beautiful in that picture. You'd never know the hurt you were going thru.

Ann - welcome back. Don't worry if you can't read all the posts, just come in when you can. Many is the time I have to just skim.

KJ - why is swimming out? I would think it would be OK since there is no pressure. My body doesn't react the same now as pre-meno. I don't get cravings or cramps (I just get cravings all the time....lol)

Lanette - I am like you, I do my worst grazing at night, too.

Karen in VA - what is the significance of "pluck"

Heather - good luck on your next session. You CAN do this

Tammy from NJ - welcome! I'm sure someone else can tell you how they track the swimming because even tho I take a water class, I don't track any of my exercise

Terry in VT - good for your husband!

Welcome anyone new that I may have missed!

Thinking of you, Lenora

Sue in WA - (((HUGS)))) You certainly have had a lot on your plate. Happy Birthday. A new puppy! How exciting. What a thoughtful daughter you have

Chris in MA - I'm not a football fan, either. But I do enjoy watching those men running around the field in those tight pants....lol

Diana in TN- welcome

Just got home from Newcomer bowling. The plan right now is to leave for FL Monday. SpaceX is supposed to launch Tues. We invited friends and they're coming then they're going to do some visiting. These are the friends who stay at the condo when they go see her grandson in Miami.

Michele in NC
  • janetr7476
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Sue, so glad to hear from you. I was a bit worried for sure. Goodness it sounds as if you have had more than your fair share. Happy Birthday and the biggest big (((hug))) ever. Keep coming back.

The memorial pot is wonderful.

Janetr OKC