WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Cathy- CUTE, cute dress! I love the shoes, too! Always fun to find bargains! You are going to be the hottest woman in San Juan!!
    Suebdew-Did I tell you your hair looks awesome?! It does!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Kay ~ So hoping you will get good results when you call the dr. I have had several times when they had to cut tissue due to pre-cancerous cells....all that sun over my whole life.

Lenora ~ Guess I missed something. How did you get a broken wrist and a black eye? So sorry.

Terry ~ Love all the earrings and the necklace. They should do well for you.

Becca ~ Sounds like you have a plan.

Michele ~ Hope you get some warmer weather in Florida.

Had lunch with my two girl friends today and ate too much but enjoyed the company. Haven't been out of the house much at all hoping to avoid the flu.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Now I remember! Michelle- I could probably do a flutter kick, but not a whip kick while swimming. It is the always changing currents in the pool that move my knee in the water and pull at the muscle or ligament that wraps my knee. I am thinking a therapy pool, though my least favorite temp of water, might be my best bet for knee therapy right now.
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Hello all! It is Friday! The kids are napping! ALL of them! Whew! And I have finished my salad (spinach, romaine, cukes, feta(1 oz), black olives (about 1T sliced), home made lemon vinaigrette drsng. 1 cup of cottage cheese on the side for protein. I have five pounds of chicken in the crock pot that will be shredded for meals this upcoming week. Still hungry. I have logged my dinner for tonight and I still have room for 300 calories. Maybe I will pop a little two oz potato in the micro and add some zucchini? Maybe I will just drink some water and have some tea, for now? Yeah.
    Katie-try not to stress about the dermatologist. Maybe just need more tissue?
    Pip- WAs a bit startled at the injury pics; but then the one of Kirby looked familiar. Glad they are past injuries and you are both well! Your shoulder, though! Ouch!
    wessecg- I remember you and your horses! Can't remember your name, though! Sorry! Anyway, what is a smutty buckskin? lol I am sure it is a horse, but it sounds a little naughty to me. >:)
    Heather and Kate- I have a local Brit friend whose family lives in Chepstow. Why does this sound familiar? Is it a town close to either of you and that is why I have heard of it? Perhaps Machka has biked or ran through at some point in time?
    Terry- Beautiful, beautiful jewelry! You are very talented, my friend!
    Heather-Congrats on the 20 minute run! I hope you did a very Rocky-esque dance at the end! I am watching you and your formerly misbehaving knee very carefully as I nurse my knee back on track!
    Michelle- You asked me a question and I can't remember what it was! I will have to search back a bit and find your post...get back to you later!

Speaking of my knee: I was in the bathroom with my little girls this morning and I reached for something and my swollen sore knee POPPED! It was an audible pop! But after that happened and since (all day so far) my knee has felt enormously better! I haven't taken my support brace off, but I would be willing to bet the big swollen spot is not swollen any more. My knee actually feels like it can hold my weight. Maybe I should be doing some easy yoga? Very interesting.

ANYWAY...already told DH and DYS that I am not cooking tonight, so they are on their own for dinner. I guess I am technically alcohol free as I have not had a drink in three weeks! Sounds REALLY good though. If I don't buy it, there won't be any in the house as DH no longer drinks and DYS prefers whiskey and rum and those are not my beverage of choice at any time.

DD called late last night and was hit from behind as she was driving home from work. Then the guy fled the scene. She was not hurt. Minor damage to the car. But she called the police to file a report and had to wait 3 1/2 hours on the highway for them to come. CRAZY!! Anyway, the cost of repairs has chucked her plans to visit in March! :( Sad grandma time. She is planning to come in the summer, though. Oh well, Joaquin will be a little older and maybe a little more ready to venture into the big lake! Life goes on.

kids waking up. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly) Hugs to all who need them!

I live near Chepstow and mentioned it when Machka told us she had cycled through it.

Karen UK (very close to Chepstow)!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    Options
    clowe1028 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am getting so excited about the cruise. 8 days left before the flight to San Juan.

I met my goal for January, which was to fit into this dress. I ordered it from Thred Up and it was a little tight through the hips when it arrived. I haven’t worn a dress in 10 years. The last time was on the last cruise I was on. 2ue6amuqo73d.jpeg

I like that dress!! :)

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    <3

Miss you, Mary. I hope all is going well for guys. <3

Janetr OKC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr on the stairstepper. This new gym is VERY clean. The bad thing is that they don't have a bathroom where the cardio equipment is. But then again, neither did the one Y that I used to go to (where I still take the water class). The plan for tomorrow is to do Cathe Friedrich's Travel Fit DVD. For some reason, that is one of the ones that won't play on my laptop.

Vince called me at 9:30 this morning "are you going to mahjongg? We need to give Adra the projector". It's not like he didn't have a few weeks to do this. So there was me, after going to Aldi (first exercise, then stopped at the Salvation Army, home to put away the refrigerated items) running up to another gal's home to give her the projector to give to Adra. She and her hubby are coming down to FL to watch the launch so we decided that since we're leaving on Mon and it's set to go off around 1:30 on Tues, they are going to leave Hickory around 5 in the morning to get there around 10. Vince doesn't want to leave on Sun "in case we have car trouble, there won't be any mechanic working". Then he wanted to bring the cat carriers "in case we have car trouble". I told him "if we do, we put them in my car, what's the big deal?" Finally, I told him "that'll take up a lot of room, do you have any idea how stressed the cats would be if you suddenly put them in the carrier. Even when we go to the vet we don't put them in a carrier". Finally, he agreed to not bring them "but if we have a problem, I'll be saying 'told you so' " Honestly, lately he's getting so overly worried about things. Guess it's just me, I believe not to worry about something until there's something to worry about. I doubt we'd have car trouble. Does he have any idea what it's going to be like for me? I'll have to rush to get things in the house like milk etc. And the store doesn't open until 9. Honestly!

You know, when I go to the soup kitchen, I usually look at what they have to give away food-wise. I'm amazed at how much bread/rolls/etc there are. Not much in the way of veges. What they do have is usually overly ripe -- like the avacados.

I love to hear "see you next year" from the doctor. I remember once I had to go back since my sinuses were REALLY acting up, I knew that I needed an antibiotic. The doc knew that I very seldom go there except for my annual physical so he says to me "what are you doing here?"

M - when you're cycling, do you wear the clip on shoes? Beautiful pics, especially the one of the rays off the ring

Rachel - Welcome to a wonderful group. You certainly don't look 50, are you SURE? I am one of the most unflexible people on the planet. Always have been. We look forward to getting to know you so much better.

Sue - when Vince had his tibial plateau fracture, the PT that he was taking was the exact same PT that people who had knee replacement took. Yes, it did hurt. As a matter of fact, the first time they came to give him the PT he literally screamed in pain. Their answer? They closed the door to his room....lol But today he has great range of motion.

Terry in VT - lovely, lovely necklace. Wow! Look at those earrings!

pip - I still get a sick feeling in my stomach when I see those pics. You and Kirby sure are two very strong people

Katie - so sorry to hear the news. Let's hope for the best, but you are probably unfortunely right

clowe - beautiful dress. Great find on those sandals

KJ - the last question I asked on here was if anyone has ever used those coffee pods that you get at a hotel (that make one cup) in a coffee pot. Could that have been it?

Lenora - so good to hear from you but sorry about the broken wrist and your eye. Your nail - OUCH!

Carol - I, too, missed how Lenora got a broken wrist and black eye, so you're not alone

Michele in NC