WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,145 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M - when you're cycling, do you wear the clip on shoes? Beautiful pics, especially the one of the rays off the ring

Yes I do.

And thanks! :)

Machka in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,682 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.24min, 140mhr, 12.1amph. 1.4mi= 71c
    apple watch- 59c
    0 RUNNER- 40min, 141mhr, 42al, 12ah, 116ac, 121mhr, lvl5, 4.54mi= 292c
    apple - 263c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.46min, 15.3amph, 122mhr, 1.4mi= 53c
    apple watch- 47c
    RIDE BIKE PUY 2 SUMN STA- 15.36min, 142mhr, 11.8amph, 3mi= 142c
    apple watch- 0
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.09min, 155mhr, 9.41min mi, .5mi= 61c
    apple watch- 54c
    jog wk 2 sta-4.37min, 10.16min mi, 151mhr, .4mi= 67c
    apple watch- 53c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 21.36min, 7.3amph, 149mhr, 2.6mi= 213c
    apple watch- 156c

total cal 899
  • HandiCrafter
    HandiCrafter Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    B)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Mary, oh no, the flu s not good. Will pray for a speedy recovery. Thanks for your kind thots.

Janetr OKC
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 932 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hello ~

This is my first full month as I joined your lovely, supportive group just Jan. 30th.

Feb. Goals:
    • Eat 2/3 meals per day vegan
    • Exercise 5 X week (3 classes and 2 high-volume walking days)
    • Lose 1.33 pounds/week on average this month
    • Minimum 5,000 steps per day (I'm just getting over pneumonia and the temps in TO are -14 to -24 degrees celsius (= 7 to -11 degrees Fahrenheit)
    • Pneumonia + Minus temps = Wimp

Thank you for welcoming me late last month.

Here, here for the best February for all of us!!

Theresa in Toronto (and I hope Turks & Caicos this month - cross your fingers for me)
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Finished reading, will find the energy to post tomorrow. Energy is really low at this time of year. Need to up my D3 and get back to taking B12 and just push myself to move more.

-Sharon in Lethbridge.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Hugs for all who need them

Fell off the wagon yesterday re eating but will be back on today, why do we do it :'(:'(

Exrcise now, no gym today but will do 45 min Leslie Sansone vid then dumbells and some kettlebell swings

Kate UK <3
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    My goal this month is to avoid exercise while I get over this Typhoid Fever. (I can't push myself, I need to get better). It has been amazing for weight loss though - I think that's because I have had a quite restricted diet (eg no dairy, no alcohol). So my second goal is to maintain some of these new restrictions throughout the whole month. I also want to join the next "10 days" thread, because atm I need to focus on one day at a time and mini-goals. Every night I am craving chocolate and if I can break this evening sugar-craving this month, that would be awesome. I think the way to break it is to avoid sugar in the evenings. I have to do it one day at a time. I don't know so much as which foods constitute as sugars, and I am wondering if subbing with fruit will help or just make the problem linger. So I guess I have 3 goals:
    1) maintain my restricted diet
    2) continue with homecooking
    3) no evening "sugars"

Here's to a successful February!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! Was proud of myself yesterday at work, just a day full of meetings (no students) but had time to get a lot of prep and paper work done when I was by myself. Usually the negative/toxic work folks bring me down or stress me out so much I binge eat---not this time o:)

My micro actions are key to getting me out of my procrastinating ways. I asked a good friend (a composer and organist that I respect greatly) to look over my program notes and he said yes, so I have a plan to have someone edit my writing, and have a new earlier deadline to put the notes together for him. phew!

For some reason the scale this morning has me back to maintenance weight! hooray, that took awhile but I'll take it from here. I think dairy is disagreeing with me, so I am backing away from my homemade yogurt and cottage cheese intake. I will have to substitute oatmeal and nuts and or more fruit and nuts to start the day.

I'm upping my steps at the gym in prep of our upcoming trip to Rome, my friends are so excited for us, but warn us of pickpockets!! Yikes, this new yorker would be pretty ticked off if that happened :s

NYKAREN

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,414 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    eminater wrote: »
    My goal this month is to avoid exercise while I get over this Typhoid Fever. (I can't push myself, I need to get better). It has been amazing for weight loss though - I think that's because I have had a quite restricted diet (eg no dairy, no alcohol). So my second goal is to maintain some of these new restrictions throughout the whole month. I also want to join the next "10 days" thread, because atm I need to focus on one day at a time and mini-goals. Every night I am craving chocolate and if I can break this evening sugar-craving this month, that would be awesome. I think the way to break it is to avoid sugar in the evenings. I have to do it one day at a time. I don't know so much as which foods constitute as sugars, and I am wondering if subbing with fruit will help or just make the problem linger. So I guess I have 3 goals:
    1) maintain my restricted diet
    2) continue with homecooking
    3) no evening "sugars"

Here's to a successful February!

Eminater - where do you live? Typhoid Fever sounds terrible!

If you are logging into the MFP food diary, you can select seeing your sugar intake. I think it's set up to track calories, fat, carbs and protein (I can't remember) but I was able to reset it and now track calcium intake, sugar, fiber, protein. It's not set up to track added sugars (like from candy), but does give you an idea of how much "natural" sugar is in fruit, dairy, etc.

Good luck!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Allie, good for you in going to the alanon meeting. I don’t know what’s involved in opening and closing the meeting, but that probably would have sent me running.

I’m not really worried about the whole skin cancer thing. It’s more the inconvenience of it all. There are worse things that could be wrong with me. Barbara, I may be remembering it wrong, but I believe my doc sidelined me for two weeks when I had Mohs on my face, not work, but weight training and fast walking. I could be confusing it with the time she took a cyst off my breast. I popped a stitch with that one by not following her directions. It seems like I’ve been spending way too much time in the dermotologist’s office lately.

Have any of you heard of Schluter? It’s some kind of high dollar thing they put behind your tile. One of the people I’m considering swears by it. The other says it’s just an added expense and the “old-school” methods work just as well. We don’t know which to believe. We are supposed to get our last estimate by email today. This could happen as early as Thursday if we go with the “must have Schluter” guy. The other would be mid-March, which still isn’t bad.

I’m up early to go to a conference Lay servant meeting on the other side of Atlanta. Could I be so lucky as for all of Gwinnett County to sleep in? I hate that stretch of the interstate. Well, y’all have a good one!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Kay ~ Good luck on your travels on the interstate. I am so glad I don't have to make the trips from Marietta to Forsyth, GA to see my mom. Although I miss her dearly, I don't miss the traffic.

Never heard of Schluter. My son had a contractor he met through his AA group do his bathroom. The new tub looks great but they were not happy with the work the tile man did.

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :)<3Allie, bravo to you for going to Al-Anon. You could add a lot to your life if you continued to go and got a sponsor and took the Steps and used the program in your life.

<3Lisa, sorry to hear about what's going on with your son. You are so right that you can't help him. That is so hard for those of us who want to help.

:'( The water is off this morning. We wisely have collected gallons of water in case of emergency so we can wash our hands and flush the toilet and also have bottles of water to drink or for making coffee but it's Saturday before daylight and the neighborhood emergency guy has his phone off so there's no telling when there will be water. It makes me grateful that I routinely shower every day so if I miss this morning, it won't be a crisis.

<3 Barbie