• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I can't eat 1600 average without gaining. I think my average is around 1400- 1450 for maintenance.
    For me that usual means some 1200-1300 days and a couple of treats in the week.
  • Rachelmilloy
    Rachelmilloy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    @CoachJen71, my attention locked-in on your reference to your "cashew coconut dark chocolate yogurt"... is that something you buy or something you make? I've made plain yogurt; can you tell me how to transform it into, gulp, cashew coconut dark chocolate yogurt? I live in hope!
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    sofchak wrote: »
    Name: sofchak
    Height: 5’3”
    Total Weight lost: ~40 lbs
    Time it took to lose: ~9 months
    How long in maintenance: Over a year
    Maintenance weight range: 122-128
    Average weight recorded from 2017: 117

Average weight recorded from January: 120
    Average weight recorded from February: 124

Week of...
    4th March: 125.5
    11th March: 125.8
    18th March: 125.2
    25th March: 126.2

Successes/struggles of the week: Not a bad week overall... but the Amish bakery was beckoning me this weekend... ugh. So I caved 2 days in a row and got a fresh whoopie pie yesterday and today. Oh well. Can’t be 100% on point all the time... writing this with a happy tummy.

I love Whoopie pies. I’m live near Amish country it’s so hard to stay away from all the good food. Shoo fly pie is another weakness. Time to stop thinking of it.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @Rachelmilloy Sure! I do a lot of nut butter and Nutella yogurts. They are more like frosting than yogurt, tho, and I keep them tiny to save cals.

I get the dannon light n fit greek yogurts. I use coconut for chocolate ones (or for coconut almond butter straight up,) and banana, vanilla, or toasted marshmallow for peanut butter ones.

FYI, I am losing my sense of smell and taste thanks to allergies, so tweak these to your own taste.

In a microwave safe custard dish put
    15g Truvia
    1/4 tsp water

It will barely look wet, but trust me it will be liquid in a minute. Microwave 2 times at 30 sec each. (The Truvia should be completely dissolved, or it will make the mix grainy. If you like brownie batter, then grainy can be nice, but it you want frosting or mousse, dissolve it completely.)

Whisk in
    5g cashew butter
    10g I can't believe it's not butter light
    Dash of no salt, unless you are potassium sensitive.

Add in 75g of coconut yogurt and blend. When smooth add in and whisk 10g Hershey's special dark cocoa powder.

Seal the dish and refrigerate overnight, or put into a tiny Tupperware bowl and leave it in the freezer for an hour or two.

To make the peanut butter version, pick a yogurt flavor, replace the cashew butter with 10g peanut butter, 10g pb2, and only 5g of light margarine. Increase water to half a teaspoon. As with the cocoa powder, add the pb2 after the yogurt. (Adding before yogurt makes chunks that will never break up and stir in.)

Sometimes the sweet mix hardens when the yogurt stirs in, and you get little bits of taffy or butter brickle. It's not bad that way, just not as smooth.

I also have a pb2 oatmeal recipe that is basically a hot no bake cookie, if you are interested. :)