Options
    Happy Birthday Barbara :)
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,567 Member
    Options
    I keep replying to people in February!
    langman22 wrote: »
    Happy March ladies,

Becca, my DD is 35 in July and not found “the one” yet. She has gone on line recently and had a few dates. She is going out on Friday with a 27 year old. I told her “too young”! But there is a 32 and 37 year old she has been texting with so fingers crossed. Doesn’t look like I’ll ever be a grandmother as she is my only one. I can’t think about it as t makes me so sad. I was looking forward to that. But never say never. I’m self sabotage too. Good positive thinking.

Terry -- I didn't have my first until after I had just turned 35. Had my second just before I turned 40, and had my third just before I turned 46. Never say never.

Felicia, almost always first mistaken for my youngest's grandmother. :smirk:
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I was looking at a link someone gave me for a 5 week kettlebell program but I’m finding a bit confusing. Also it seems to be intermediate rather than beginners. Anyone have another idea for me.
  • melanieparker13
    melanieparker13 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    March Goals:

Lose pounds
    log food daily
    gym 4 days a week
    No negative talk about myself.....
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,910 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka more than a workweek of exercise in Feb. Wow!

I hadn't thought of it that way ... but yes! :)

I sort of generally aim for 1.5 hours a day, 7 days a week as a minimum. I've found that if I exercise less than that, my weight tends to drift upward.

M in Oz

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    barbara happy happy birthday to you!!!!!

NYKAREN
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,910 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Some of you may remember my disappointment in January when my faithful pedometer wouldn't download the data to my computer. I solved the problem by creating an excel spreadsheet to keep track of my steps, total the numbers, and provide an average steps for the month. Even so I tried a few times a week to download data and a few weeks ago, the process worked. Nevertheless, I've continued to enjoy my spreadsheet because it's easy to access and allows me to see daily what my step average was for the month. Yesterday I realized that I wouldn't reach the artificial goal I'd set for myself so I spent half an hour before bedtime walking back and forth in the house while listening to an audio book so I'd get the needed steps. My step goal for the month was 15,000 steps a day but in December and January I'd gotten over 17,000 steps a day average and I decided that I couldn't go to bed without reaching that goal again.

I've done that during my workplace annual step challenge in October. :grin:

I also keep track of my exercise on a spreadsheet. I've been keeping track of my cycling that way since 2000, and on paper before that, some of which I've entered into spreadsheet too. I've been keeping track of walking and other exercise since I joined MFP in 2015. So the numbers and totals I post are actually copied and pasted from my spreadsheet. :)

:)Machka, I don't think I've told you how much I enjoy reading your accounts and statistics of your bike riding. I admire your consistency and the way you ride day in and day out even with the challenges and demands of your work and school schedule.

Thanks! All the cycling and walking etc. actually helps keep me sane. I need to be active, preferably outside, to allow me to think through what I need to do and get things in order.

And when I'm working on long projects day after day at work or university which don't seem to be coming together the way I like and the end is not in sight ... going out for a decent bicycle ride gives me a feeling like I've finished something and accomplished something at last, and then I can go back to the project and feel a bit refreshed with it. Plus I may have thought of a different way to approach it. :)

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

Is it your birthday? If so ... Happy Birthday!

Machka in Oz

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    BARBARA Happy birthday :):)

Kate UK <3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Kay, thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so encouraged to keep at it.

Barbara, Happy birthday.

Janetr OKC
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Just marking my place. Long day.....

Rita in Columbus New Mexico

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbara

Okie