WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2018

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,605 Member
    Options
    Kelly- Great news on the knee! Remember to take it easy and lots of hip stretches and strengthening also. That is what my PT had me doing.

M- I just learned where Tasmania was!

<3
    Kylia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    OK, I've posted a couple blogs of our cycling tour in Victoria. I think that as long as you're logged in, you should be able to see it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Machka9?month=201803

Cheers!
    Machka in Oz

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Joyce! Enjoy Red Lobster and eat a garlicky cheesy biscuit for me!!

Okie
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Kelly- Great news on the knee! Remember to take it easy and lots of hip stretches and strengthening also. That is what my PT had me doing.

M- I just learned where Tasmania was!

<3
    Kylia

Australia! :grin:

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,605 Member
    Options
    Machka- geography was the only class I took that made me cry lots! Only class I ever got failing grades in. Thank goodness for extra credit reports so I could pass-lol!
    Kylia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Joyce!!!! :flowerforyou:
    Did you get my PM with the details of the house?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Joyce ~ Happy, Happy Birthday!

Becca ~ Love your Sis's water colors. She's very talented.

Sudbedew ~ How scary! Glad there were nurses there to help you.

Lenora ~ Glad you checked in. I saw a photo of you and your family in Louisiana in July on Facebook and you looked great.

A very cool Spring day here! This weekend grandson has a lacrosse game, a roller skating birthday party (he'll be 8), and will get Baptized along with his sis (age 6) on Sunday. I probably won't make it to the lacrosse game.

Carol in GA
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Heather quote "My knee is stiff and a bit sore today from my kettlebell swings yesterday. Boo! I can't run anyway because it is still really snowy out, so I will row or recumbent cycle for my bonus pm calories. It's so annoying that the swings affect my knee. I should just take the time to strap it beforehand. :|"

My knees, both replaced, definitely yell at me after kettlebell swings. I do use braces on both knees while doing all of my exercises and it helps a lot though they still let me know they're not pleased.

Hope it gets better.

Janetr OKC
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Joyce.... hope this is your best year yet.

And Barbara....a belated happy birthday to you.

Had a long walk with Ella this morning in the rain. Felt wonderful.
    Betsy in NW WA
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy Dr. Seuss Day!

"We truly love him in a house. We truly love him with a mouse. We truly love him here or there. We truly love him anywhere. We truly love the silly goose. We truly love old Dr. Seuss!" In addition to his children's books, Theodor Seuss Geisel also did some very interesting political propaganda work during World War II.

Becca - I can so identify with your "starter of great things, finisher of none" comment. I am the queen of unfinished projects. Good idea to try and be more mindful of what's behind that.

Laura - My goodness, 12 grandchildren! Staying in touch with them will keep you busy, but I know having you in their lives makes a huge difference. I was so blessed to have living grandparents into adulthood.

Mary - Your orange-picking trip sounds like fun!

Karen - Wishing you of pluck in abundance!

Kelly - Hurray for improvement on the knee! I take turmeric and glucosamine/chondroitin every day... I have no empirical evidence that they work, but I do seem to have less pain and stiffness when I take them. I know from experience that knee injuries take a really long time to heal.

Thinking of you all, and apologizing if I missed something important. I'm about to run out for a haircut - going back to lurid color after a few months of natural - and I had to read fast! I drive to Austin to see my stylist, but I think when I get back I'm going to go take a look at the three fitness centers in town.

Y'all have a great day!

-Yvonne in TX
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Joyce, Happy birthday. Have a blessed day. Welcome to Club 68 , seems there are several of us.

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
  • ladylaura777
    ladylaura777 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka 19 years left to work? Are you planning to work until you are 70? I forgot how old you are. Gosh, I hope you love your work and find it fulfilling.

I turn 51 in 7 days, and I may very well have to work till I'm 70! :neutral:

There is no mandatory retirement age in Australia, but I will not be able to access my government Age Pension until I'm 67 ... at this point. The government is gradually moving the Age Pension out, and I feel like I'm chasing it.

I could access my super (employment pension) when I'm 60, but of course, the pension amount increases the longer I'm in the workforce.

So, at this point, I could potentially retire in 16 years ... but I figure by the time I get closer they will have moved it up to 70. There's talk about doing that.

I think it's a similar situation in Canada. So if we move there in the next few years, I'll likely be in the same boat.

I retired Jan 1st & I have applied for my Canada pention and been accepted. I will get my first cheque for April 1st. I am 60. There was a plan to move the pention age here, but I think it was overturned. They have not come up with an alternative ruling yet though.
    I get a pretty good pention from the province, and my health is worth more than my paycheck was.
    I am allowed to work and collect a wage - in addition to my pensions anytime I choose. Many of my friends are doing that right now. The only drawback I have seen so far to retiring early, is the health insurances. I have to pay my own premiums now.

It appears I am traveling to Alberta on Monday for a funeral. I've booked a hotel that has pretty good reviews, but I sure read many horror reviews on other hotels before I booked this one. It made me not want to go anywhere!!!
    Off to the track now with me
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    I obviously haven't figured out how to post quotes on this forum! Please be patient with me!
    ~Laura~

when i just saw your post, i clicked on the word "quote" and it created a new message and i just started typing below it and BAM!!