WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2018

Options

Replies

• ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    Horrible experience this morning after KB and cardio workouts did plank 1 minute and a half ( haven't done one for ages) Do exercise at home in sports bra and panties, looked in the mirror and met with disgusting belly surrendering to gravity Uggh Don't look bad standing up

Really have to do something about belly will it have to be Keto?

Kate UK <3

What I do about my belly is wear clothes so I don't have to look at it.

I know, right! What I do is work out in my husband's discarded boxer shorts (he got a bunch where he hated the waistband) - more comfortable than shorts but hide that belly! lol
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Becca, WOW, that is some surgery name! It would probably take me longer to figure out how to say than it will take the surgeon to actually do the procedure! Keeping you and hubby in my thoughts, hoping for a successful surgery and quick recovery.
    Lanette, it's hard to try and convince others that they need to do things for their own health, and to let go of it when they won't listen. I quit smoking almost 30 years ago, really hoped hubby would do so then too. He didn't. He did quit off and on several times, and then almost 4 years ago had a heart attack. He hasn't had a cigarette since! I'm very proud of him, but that's what it took. Hopefully your hubby's diagnosis of COPD will do the trick... Isn't it annoying that they wait until something serious happens??
    Heather, I was watching the news on Wednesday, saw the snow that parts of England got and all I can say is "Oh my!" Glad that you got your travelling done before it all hit.
    Sharon, how wonderful that Jheri is having such positive reactions to her art! Sorry to hear that you aren't eligible for the STD, this must mean that something better is getting ready for you! (hmmm, that does look odd-the STD that is, never really thought of it any way but short term disability! lol)
    Kelly, glad to hear your knee is happier, but hubby is right, don't go getting crazy there! lol
    I exercise with clothes on and in a room with no mirror!! Walking into the bathroom with its wall of mirror is sometimes frightening tho... But I'm working on it!!
    Welcome to the newbies! This is a great group, lots of support!
    Hugs to those who need them, congrats to those with positive news! Must go do some work now... Hope everyone has a great day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    B)
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    It looks lovely, Cheri!
  • crazymommy5
    crazymommy5 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome Claudine, have you had your hormones tested?. There's lots of natural herbal things you can include in your diet to help balance out the cray cray. I take things like Dong Quai, and rosemary and dill seed oil, evening primrose oil and Go Meno Free which has a combo of all the Women Herbs like red clover etc. But every now and then I do lose my shirt, Lol (Always for a good reason but perhaps a bit OTT at least in my DH opinion) <3 Wendy

Wendy, I have actually been looking into natural remedies for relief. I lost both parents to cancer, so those hormones the doctors want me on won't be part of my daily regimen! Losing my shirt is a regular occurrence for me! LOL! Thanks for the recommendations. I like the idea of a combo rather than taking bunches of vitamins/herbs.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :) Jake's surgery (laminectomy) is scheduled for March 14. There have been some odd results in some of his blood tests so he's concerned that there might be a reason to cancel or postpone the surgery. He deals with fear and uncertainty by talking about all the things that might go wrong and I deal with it by staying in the moment and staying busy with whatever is in front of me. So we have been a bit at odds with each other off and on. Mostly it is good and he knows that I'm here for him now and will be here for him whatever happens.

:)Lanette, Jake was a daily smoker dating back to his teens. He tried to quit dozens of time and always went back to it. Then in 2004, the cardiologist said something to him that made sense and he put down his cigarettes and hasn't smoked since. He was horrible and grouchy and a pain to live with for a few months but we got through it.

:)Cheri, your new house is beautiful.

:'(Katla, I'm sorry your son won't be visiting you. I know how much you looked forward to it.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    vas1lalmm9b8.jpeg
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Just in case you ever wondered ... :mrgreen:

imageSrc.adapt.687.HIGH.jpg

And if you check out the gallery on this site! There are lots of size comparisons with different countries. :)

http://www.mountainpeaks.net/map/australia-size-comparison-overlay-map.html

(It is a little bit slow to load ... be patient)

Machka in Oz
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Jake's surgery (laminectomy) is scheduled for March 14. There have been some odd results in some of his blood tests so he's concerned that there might be a reason to cancel or postpone the surgery. He deals with fear and uncertainty by talking about all the things that might go wrong and I deal with it by staying in the moment and staying busy with whatever is in front of me. So we have been a bit at odds with each other off and on. Mostly it is good and he knows that I'm here for him now and will be here for him whatever happens.

:)Lanette, Jake was a daily smoker dating back to his teens. He tried to quit dozens of time and always went back to it. Then in 2004, the cardiologist said something to him that made sense and he put down his cigarettes and hasn't smoked since. He was horrible and grouchy and a pain to live with for a few months but we got through it.

<3 Barbie

Barbie
    , thank you so much for your comments about Jake - they mean a lot. He sounds so much like my DH with the anxiety and you are so right - let them worry and while we keep busy, go on with what we need to do for ourselves.

Cancer doesn't run in DH's family like it does in some families. In the past couple years, his younger brother had a heart attack, quit smoking, and recently had a pacemaker put in. His father had a bypass(es). I don't think DH (nor I) had any concept of the other illnesses smoking causes like the PAD, COPD and others that slowly diminish quality of life and from what I read, COPD isn't treatable -- symptoms can be addressed, but that lung tissue cannot be regenerated. I wish the non-smoker ads would talk about that as well as lung and oral cancers.

I don't nag him or preach. Sometimes he wants to talk about things and I listen to him and support him as much as possible. I'm also aware some of his physical problems are due to the RA which is systemic and affects body parts and organs other than joints.

That's another reason this group means so much to me. Just reading about you all and how you handle these issues when they come up is reassuring.

Thank you all for your comments and support. Very much appreciated.

B)Becca - for a second I thought that mountain photo was a view of Mt. Baker from Whidbey Island!!!

Katla
    - sorry your son won't make it to see you - hopefully he can reschedule soon. Any more news on your DD's possible move closer?

Lanette
    SW WA State