5*9 to 5*11 women

Options

Replies

• jenna1908
    Options
    it is tough being tall! I agree 170-180 is ideal.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Wow, everyone looks great!

I'm 5'9. My current weight is 145 lbs (and IMO I don't think I look all skin and bones. You can see my current weight in my profile pic). My goal weight is 135 lbs. There are lots of us taller ladies that look AMAZING around my starting weight, which was 155 lbs, sadly I don't carry extra weight very well :(
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" started at 175 and am now down to 157 lbs. been doing mostly strength training which is why i havent lost a ton of weight. my goal weight is 150-155.
    this is about a month old now, so i need to get my body fat and fat mass rechecked, but i would guess those have gone down again too.

6870833893_a88fbea80b.jpg
    progress by emgawne, on Flickr
  • linzirussell
    linzirussell Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey, im 5'10, heres me at 282:

100_0675.jpg

and heres me at 168 which is where i am now, aiming for 150 :)

Meeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11. I was as high as 270-280 (pics in profile) but am currently 155 (profile pic). I've been as low as 144 (pic with gray / sequined dress in profile). I'd like to lose more weight, but I'm currently focused on getting fit rather than focusing on a # on the scale. I wish the first time around I would've paid more attention to working out & getting FIT rather than getting down to a specific number. I know realize it's much more than being 144 pounds or whatever # it is.
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11, and right now I'm just under 150. I'd like to get down to about 140-145, but I'm pretty happy with my weight. Not happy with my muscle tone, though.

The lowest I've weighed was about 130, which was a couple years ago (not from dieting -- it was the onset of my demyelinating disease, and I was so sick/worried for several months that I didn't eat much). I hated how thin I was and tried to put weight back on as soon as I could. I had just started putting some of the weight back on when I got married, so if you look at the photos on my profile from my wedding, you'll see.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10"
    At my heaviest, I was 294 and had about 56% Body Fat (eeek!)
    My initial goal weight was 180 and, honestly, I was healthy at that weight (I do have a large bone structure and quite a bit of lean muscle, which makes a difference). It took me a while to get used to maintenance, though, and then I decided I wanted to keep working to become as strong and as fit as *my*body is capable of.
    I am around 158-ish now and have about 22% body fat. I'm in S or XS shirts and mostly Size 6 pants - in other words, I'm pretty lean for my weight.
    I actually would like to gain a few pounds back, but increase muscle, which is going to take some time and effort.
    Before:
    fatcollage.jpg

Now:
    033-1.jpg
    017-6.jpg
    (Ignore the ugly tummy skin in that second picture... side effect of motherhood and being obese for several years before shedding the weight)
  • mandiemma
    mandiemma Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and while my weight is sky high right now (270) my lowest adult weight was 180. I was fit and healthy and in a size 10 pant and I am working hard to get back to it! :happy:
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and while my weight is sky high right now (270) my lowest adult weight was 180. I was fit and healthy and in a size 10 pant and I am working hard to get back to it! :happy:

Heh, me too, except I'm starting from 223 (211.5 now). But I've never ever been below 180 and I looked goood then.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Corylda, you look amazing.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Corylda, you look amazing.
    Thanks! Hard work, dedication, and patience pay off!
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    This is a "Success Stories" Board. Find one of the other boards if you want other help!

i am wanting to hear success stories thankyou

HAHAHAHAHA!!! LOVE IT!!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im 5'10 171 and change and Im a size 7/8
    at the moment and also aiming for between 140s/150s (we'll see what i look/feel like when Im closer) so Im curious as heck too! Good luck!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    It's amazing the difference one inch of height difference can make!

Thank you ladies for sharing. What an inspiration!
  • robino419
    robino419 Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm still in progress, not at my goal but getting there!

I'm 5'9''. SW 183.6 after having 2 babies a year apart. I was a tiiiight size 12. I'm down to 161.2 and in a ver comfortable size 10. My GW is 150, but if I hit that, I might re-evaluate and would ideally love to stay in the 145-150 range. I haven't taken any pictures since I've lost these 22lbs though, sorry!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i love seeing all these SUCCESS STORIES!!!! :) especially with the tall girls!! i'm only 5'8 but i'm the tallest girl of my friends. this is so inspiring :)
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great topic!
    It really does get frustrating sometimes dealing with goal weights as a taller woman. I'm 5'11" and have trouble figuring mine out. I'm guessing around 160lbs. I'm currently 182lbs, so about 20 more pounds to go.
    I get really frustrated with people who don't seem to understand that taller people weigh more. I'm never going to be the 130lb girl, unless I want to look like a stick.
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Here is what 182lbs looks like on a 5'11" frame. Yes, I have 20 pounds (ish) to go, and some toning up to do, but I'm certainly not too upset about how my body looks....especially since I have 2 boys!

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg
  • greeneyedredneckangel
    Options
    YAll have done wonderful and thank u keep it up yall
  • sepllck
    sepllck Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks for these success stories, gorgeous Amazonian women!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!