Is it okay to eat fruit past 8pm?

Options
I want to eat some pineapples or honeydew melon slices or maybe an apple but idk if its okay considering that its late.

Replies

• egarrett8911
    Options
    It does not matter what time of day you eat your food. A calorie is a calorie.
  • egarrett8911
    Options
    So eat dat fruit!
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I eat when I am hungry so you'll be fine :) Sometimes having a big meal late at night can be troublesome for me, but that's more cause some foods can keep me up. But fruit should be fine :)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    It does not matter what time of day you eat your food. A calorie is a calorie.
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    Its okay to eat anything past 8pm.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    night eating packs on pounds. My cut off time is 7pm..... The scale notices!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    No, eating fruit a second later than 7:59PM turns you into a Gremlin.

Truestory.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I want to eat some pineapples or honeydew melon slices or maybe an apple but idk if its okay considering that its late.

Yes, especially if you're a male. Just sayin'.
  • DJDrew222
    Options
    lol not its not ok to eat ANYTHING after 8pm. it sits in your stomach and as you sleep your body spends time breaking that down instead of breaking down your fat because believe it or not you burn calories while you sleep
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    :grumble:
  • egarrett8911
    Options
    lol not its not ok to eat ANYTHING after 8pm. it sits in your stomach and as you sleep your body spends time breaking that down instead of breaking down your fat because believe it or not you burn calories while you sleep

This is 100% a myth.
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    No, eating fruit a second later than 7:59PM turns you into a Gremlin.

Truestory.

Could that be why I look terrible in the mornings? :)
  • kyrose91
    kyrose91 Posts: 4
    Options
    While eating after 8 p.m. won’t increase the amount of weight you’ll gain, there are still some risks to late night snacking. The issue is simple: when you’re tired, you’re more likely to overeat. To compensate for fatigue, your brain will tell you to eat more and you might grab an unhealthy, calorie-dense snack. This is why you may run into trouble when you eat late at night. It’s not because your body gains more weight, it’s because you eat the wrong foods. Instead of grabbing a bag of chips, you should grab a piece of fruit or a vegetable. The best options are healthy, high-fiber foods that will satisfy your hunger without packing lots of calories.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i eat well past 8pm, i work 1 to 9 so i eat dinner around 10pm, sometimes close to 11pm and go to sleep around 1am.
    look at my ticker.
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    We don't typically eat dinner at our house until around 8pm due to schedules. I almost always save my fruit for a late night snack to keep me out of the junk food before bed.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Eat the fruit!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Please be kidding.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yup. Unless it affects the quality of your sleep...(and for some people, eating too close to bedtime can do that)...it doesn't matter what time you eat.

ETA: I just read some of the advice against it. No...my goodness people, no...just no.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

No.

NO!

If you are within your calorie goal, you will NOT gain weight!