Is it okay to eat fruit past 8pm?

Options

Replies

• Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    After some good nights out I find pineapple on my pizza really helps me out!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    A calorie is not a calorie, but you can eat whenever you want.

its not? then what is a calorie?
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Ever see the movie Gremlins ? As long as it's before midnight - lol
  • dr3w_s
    dr3w_s Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    no, eating anything past 8pm would go straight to your belly.
    just kidding, I finish work around 10pm and I would have a 600 cal smoothies 1 hr before bed and I still lose weight and has flat belly
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    night eating packs on pounds. My cut off time is 7pm..... The scale notices!

LOL...no, just no.

I eat my entire dinner at 8:30/9:00 PM and go to bed at 10. I've lost 35 Lbs. Meal timing is irrelevant...I burn roughly 2600 calories in a 24 hour period...why the hell would it matter what time of day I ate them?
  • dondimitri
    dondimitri Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My step-daughter told my wife that she shouldn't eat fruit after 2pm. My wife is going to be very happy to find out that the cut-off is actually at 8pm instead!
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    No It's only ok to eat Ice cream past 8pm
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options

I've lost 50 pounds, and I eat past 8 pm, and even later. Doesn't matter.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    lol not its not ok to eat ANYTHING after 8pm. it sits in your stomach and as you sleep your body spends time breaking that down instead of breaking down your fat because believe it or not you burn calories while you sleep

*facepalm

It's 11:16 PM and I've just had a half a watermelon as dessert, as it's a habit of mine.

Has it hampered my body's ability to burn fat? I beg to differ.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's fine.

BUT.

I was told by a friend with a history of body building that eating too many carbs late at night before going to sleep will make it harder to shed those last few pounds. She also recommended eating more calories early in the day and before / after workouts.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's fine.

BUT.

I was told by a friend with a history of body building that eating too many carbs late at night before going to sleep will make it harder to shed those last few pounds. She also recommended eating more calories early in the day and before / after workouts.

Your friend is wrong...regardless of her profession/hobby...still wrong.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Weeeell... It's 10:45 and I just finished eating grapes. I have a feeling things are gonna be ok.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    lol not its not ok to eat ANYTHING after 8pm. it sits in your stomach and as you sleep your body spends time breaking that down instead of breaking down your fat because believe it or not you burn calories while you sleep

No.

NO!

If you are within your calorie goal, you will NOT gain weight!

100% agree
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    NO FRUIT EVER! too much sugar tumblr_inline_mfx509HarN1rxj1w9.gif

I kid. Eat it. its fruit.. its good for you
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    IMO always!!! ( even if you're over)
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Yes. Just no food or water after midnight or you'll turn into a gremlin.
  • parkeralexis
    parkeralexis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was always told that I shouldn't eat past 7 pm cause it automatically changes to fat. Very happy to know this is just another old wives tale. Bring on the fruit!
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options

Please be kidding.

I was thinking the same.
  • Lexandrea
    Lexandrea Posts: 56 Member
    Options

lmfao...joke
  • Howl2013
    Howl2013 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

This is 100% a myth.
    No, it's true! This is how you can produce free energy from the vacuum and turn a human body into a perpetual motion machine.

Okay okay... I'm not a scientist... but what you're saying is, if I stop eating after 8pm, I'll never have to sleep?
    If you eat after 8PM, the energy from the food fuels your body during the night... and then during the day your body doesn't have that fuel so it pulls energy from the aether instead.

Right this is common knowledge...and when your body does not have fuel it goes into starvation mode which can only be reversed by drinking one gallon of raspberry ketones...

Okay... It's starting to come together... But I've heard that if you don't drink the raspberry ketones in 8 oz increments the excess fluits will automatically turn into fat molecules. Is this true? Or is it okay to drink the gallon all at once?

ummm I just checked page ten of Dr Oz's raspberry ketone while doing handstand cleanse, and yes this is correct 8oz increments or the excess fluids turn into fat molecules which automatically converts your muscle to fat...and trust me, you don't want that to happen....

Thanks for the laughter folks! :)