Vanity avatars

Options

Replies

• _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is exactly it. Every person on MFP that is smaller than you is out to make you jealous and sabotage your journey.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I love seeing them! I love thinking ( in my own mind ) that they used to look like me and if I work really hard I can look like them!!!
  • classc1
    classc1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    MFP does not have a way for you to adjust how a picture is cropped and so some pictures just come out showing only a portion of someone's body instead of the whole thing in the thumbnails.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Eh, I just admire them and move on. People can put up any pictures that they want, for any reason they want, and I really doubt there is any sort of subliminal message attached to them other than the ones you are giving yourself...
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I'm just drawn this way...
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I noticed a lot of skin pics (midriffs only poses) of the "skinnier" MFP members. Is this a "look at me, I'm so sexy aren't I?" thing or a "AND YOU TOO CAN HAVE A RAIL THIN STOMACH LIKE ME IF YOU KEEP AT IT?" message to the not so skinny MFP members? Just curious.

Pretty sure it's a "Hey, look what hard work and determination can do!"

Seriously, you're on here to get fit. How do you NOT find that as motivation?
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I've busted my *kitten* to get where I'm at :-) And I'm really proud of my accomplishment. Over 9 months of changing my lifestyle: the way I eat, working out nearly every day of the week, and overcoming challenges stronger than I was and for the better...

So yes, look what I did!

When you get to your goals, we'll all be here to cheer YOU on too :-)
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    23lbns.jpg
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    I don't care why they do it, so long as they do it. It's motivating. I love it.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    yeah, that is what I'm saying with mine
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    All depends on which mfp you are talking about. True story.
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    honestly if I ever get my stomach to look like those pictures I am definitely posting pictures off it everywhere and probably spending most of my day just admiring it.

They worked for it, they should be damn proud.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Midriff or physique photos are great I think, these people worked hard, it's a mark of achievement!!! But to each their own!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    That's totally what I'm saying with my profile pic. Obviously.

Look at you, you're so sexy aren't you?

Uh, YEAH. She is. *high five*

AND YOU TOO CAN HAVE A RAIL THIN STOMACH LIKE THIS IF YOU KEEP AT IT!

Hahahaha "rail thin" is a phrase that has NEVER been used to describe me. Ever. *High five* back at ya!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I was TOTALLY thinking of you ALL when I posted my progress picture - of which I worked my *kitten* off for for a photo shoot and upcoming competition.... dag anbbit... BUSTED.

....Or, I posted it to show myself how far I've come again after starting over and how much more I still have to go in the next 7 weeks. and, pretty sure most people posted theirs for them, too, but I only speak for me.
  • VenomousDuck
    VenomousDuck Posts: 206
    Options
    I'm a duck
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    23lbns.jpg

Okay! That is the cutest popcorn-munching gif ever to be used on this website!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    filessharenatorcom_YG6vv_GIF_Collection_of_someone_eating_popcorn-s320x240-181195.gif
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    yeah, that is what I'm saying with mine

well it's working :sad: :sad: :sad: