Vanity avatars

Options

Replies

• Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    i dunno...i'm no where close to goal...i still have like 80 pounds to lose and i'm more than willing to post pics of what I AM proud of...see that???? that's my freaking collar bone...THAT is ....i'm blown away and amazed at the definition that I've accomplished in that area right now...

and i'm keeping an eye on my calves because I suspect they will be popping some pretty sweet definition soon...when it does, I'm SO going to post that pic...

why can't we be proud of what we have worked hard for...i have my Degree on the wall behind me in my office...i worked 4 hard years for that mofo....i deserve it...

i worked HARD for that collarbone...and if I could I WOULD totally frame it and place it behind my desk at my job....but i've put it up here and i'll be damned if I take it down because someone may feel it's demotivating...

nothing worth having is easy...and if a vanity avatar breaks your spirit...then you're looking for easy...

my 0.02 cents.

Alex
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I thought they posted them so I could look at them...like Mere.
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that started singing in their head?

"You're so vain... You probably think this post is about you.."
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I noticed a lot of skin pics (midriffs only poses) of the "skinnier" MFP members. Is this a "look at me, I'm so sexy aren't I?" thing or a "AND YOU TOO CAN HAVE A RAIL THIN STOMACH LIKE ME IF YOU KEEP AT IT?" message to the not so skinny MFP members? Just curious.
    I was going to put up a skin pic.

I was told that the sight of my midriff would be classified as "cruel and unusual punishment" however. :grumble:
  • rcc1988
    rcc1988 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm sure they're probably just proud of their hard work and want to show it off! Nothing wrong with that.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Ever think people who are divorced would think you are rubbing your relationship in their face with a wedding picture? Can't make everyone happy and if someone's picture bothers you don't look.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    People are proud of their progress, just as you are proud of how beautiful you looked on your wedding day.

Where the flying biscuits is the shame in any of that?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    I was wondering why you have a picture of yourself in your wedding gown? Did you just get married this week? Or are you trying to make all us single people say, "Wow, if I was like her I would be married."

I actually like being single, have been for years, don't understand the whole white wedding thing.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    What if your profile picture is just because you have a super cute dog that you want everyone to adore?

I think for a fitness website, most of the pictures I see are innocent. It's proof of your hard work. It's not like anyone is bent over, spreading themselves.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    You mad broette ?
    Is there a female version of a spank bank?
    Am I the only woman who froze with open mouth at Kaihuk's avatar?? :love: :love:
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    <<<<Mine is a pic of my grandson......So proud of him. Ain't he cute?
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Once I get to that stage it will definitely be "nurr nurr nurr suck on this!"
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that started singing in their head?

"You're so vain... You probably think this post is about you.."

hahaha, she said midriff pics, did she not?
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I hope that when people see my avatar they are jealous of how lush my grass is and how lucky I am to be happily married.

YOU TOO CAN HAVE A WONDERFUL LIFE IF YOU STOP BEING OBSESSED WITH DRAMA!!!

That's what I want you all to take from my photo.

Your grass is greener than mine. I'm hatin'.
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Some of the pics people use are revealing enough to make me uncomfortable just because of how...Revealing and nearly sexual they are. Mostly, I view it as "Hey I worked hard and got this and so can you" and they're proud of their journeys.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Definitely a "look at me pic", but if I had posted a "before" picture, which I do have, then it might make more sense to you. Wasn't born this way.

thank you...no seriously thank you...i NEEDED a dose of GAGA in my head...

(sighs)
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    People are proud of their progress, just as you are proud of how beautiful you looked on your wedding day.

Where the flying biscuits is the shame in any of that?

mmmmmm biscuits....*drool*
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Let me just tell you in advance. When I hit my goals, I will be showing skin my my avatar too. If I have the body to show off, I'm showing to EVERYBODY! I currently don't show skin as much, but believe me, I show these curves every chance I get. You will all bask in my glory! And if you choose not to, that's fine. Just don't look :)
  • darnnells
    darnnells Posts: 37
    Options
    You are too funny. I am proud of your awesome neck and can't wait to see your calves. I only asked the question to get some feedback. I think we all are awesome for starting this MFP journey. This question was merely to provoke responses and it worked. I am in no way a hater. If I had the toned tummy, I'd post my pic too. #REALTALK
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    So um why just the midriff ones? Very few people on here are posting photos that represent what they look like on a daily basis. We all try to post something that looks good, therefore making them "vanity photos".

I post pics for fun and to gain pats on the back sometimes, and I'm not afraid to admit it. I'm a fatty fat fat but I'll still post them when I'm proud. You know you will too :P