300 lbs and ran my 2nd 5K. I feel like a superhero! (w/pics)

Options

Replies

• SaraRhiannon421
    SaraRhiannon421 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    that is AMAZING! And here I am, 200 pounds thinking I couldn't do it! You are such an inspiration!!! I recently started the couch to 5k, and am feeling so much more motivated. You are AWESOME!
  • karen91967
    karen91967 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are my inspiration!! I just started the couch to 5k!!! Hope to run one in the future!!
  • sarrylove
    Options
    Great job!!! I ran my first 5K in April and my second one in June!! It is addicting and I was impressed that I did better the second time!! Looking forward to my next one :)
  • bonnieluann
    Options
    WAY TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!! Total inspiration to all of us
  • davidep21
    davidep21 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Way to go...that is awesome!!!
  • meg3456
    meg3456 Posts: 10
    Options
    cONGRATULATIONS!!! Your story was very motivating.
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    fantistic!!! congrats to you!! i already have 2 -5k's under my belt put i walked them. i was telling my sister during the last one that i'm kinda afraid to star jogging/running i guess u prove that there's no reason toholding back!! please add me as a friend, i'd like to cheer u on for more of your journey. thanks
  • lar1203
    lar1203 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    you rock!
  • lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    You got the right idea.....keep going!!! Happy for you!
  • WayneAWright
    Options
    Wow! I am impressed. You are inspiring and motivating. I downloaded C25K a few weeks ago. Today I finally had the courage to start it. As I was logging in my accomplishment of the day, I spotted your post on the sidebar. There I was, proud that I did Day 1 (barely!), and then there were you. I am approximately half your weight, but have other obstacles: I'm 58 years old, and I am recovering from a knee fracture. (Can't wait until Tuesday to tell my physical therapist what I'm doing!) Remembering your story will help me keep on track. I can do it. Yes, I can! THANK YOU!!!
  • girish_ph
    girish_ph Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Wov! Supergirl, Wov!

I was wondering if I too could run 5K. I'm 49-Male, a bit overweight. Why dont you share some more thoughts about the process. I know what c25k is, just wanted to know what you went thru.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    You, my dear, CLEARLY are a superhero. You're inspiring, motivating, gutsy, tough, honest, strong, AND (because those aren't enough...), you're a 5K racing machine.

Thank you. Very much.
  • LIN4M
    LIN4M Posts: 1
    Options
    Way to go. So awesome
  • stennieh
    stennieh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Keep it up girl, the sky's the limit for you!
  • goodenough13
    Options
    You are very inspiring! I'm running my 1st 5K next month... I'm hoping it's the first of many. There are so many fun looking 5k's to get you motivated. Keep up the good work!
  • Sistanorfolk
    Options
    I am soooooooooooo proud of you...You stated you feel like a superhero...honey you look like a superhero...thanks for sharing the pic
  • tajour
    tajour Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You totally run away with my "Awesome Person of the Day". You ROCK!
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    :') I love it. You are a superhero in my books!
  • marvelmo
    marvelmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    you give me hope. I'm running a 5k in December currently 309 lbs started the negative talk (I'll never be able to do this)
    but you have inspired me. I'm signing up! thanks for the inspiration
  • toriking
    toriking Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    WTG you, that is awesome, and a true inspiration. Keep going xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!