Deleting Friends

Options

Replies

• jmp1031
    jmp1031 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    yes i've deleted some friends, mostly people who are just not active. but one or two have been deleted because they only post looking for encouragement, but never share any! not once did they reciprocate. i know we all get busy and don't have time to comment on everyone's accomplishments everyday, but at least a few words here and there helps!
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Sure do.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Yep. If you dont interact with me, dont log on for extended period of time with no reason posted (i do check), post things i find irritating or un healthy, and for general douchbaggery.
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Yes I was just thinking the same. I have friends that NEVER log on and the ones that I know personally show NO support. I get all my support from Friends I dont even know which is SO SAD!
  • conorpatmanCHANGED
    conorpatmanCHANGED Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i give them 10 days or so
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I have 3 pages of MFP friends, but only about 12 who interact with me on a regular basis. About once a week or so I go through and purge everybody who I haven't seen/heard from in 10-14 days...with the exception of my one friend who happens to be 5-6 months pregnant.

I actually just purposely deleted one girl yesterday for pro-ana activity :( she only weighs like 130lbs, eats like a maximum of 1200 calories a day ( most of the time 800 or so) and whines about how fat she is. Then she started talking about how she was going to fast for 36 hours because she just KNOWS the scale HAS to move then...then it was about how she was hungry, but not eating for 36 hours was going to SOOO be worth it...the day she had nothing logged except 60oz or so of 0 calorie flavored seltzers was the day I deleted her.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    No I only delete creepers and under-eaters...like folks that only eat 500 cals and exercise 1,000 in the same day. That sort of thing.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    If you use the app does it still count as a log in?

I believe it still counts you in.

I haven't deleted any friends... yet.
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    I don't look through my list often. I deleted a girl the other day because her calorie limit was set at 500 and she only ate a few pieces of candy each day. I was really nice in a message and asked if she was maybe sick and I didn't hear back. Then I deleted a few new people who had asked me to friend them when I saw they were friends with her and all doing the same thing. All of them 18 yr old girls too. I deleted someone for making a rude post about liberals. I have deleted a few people after seeing they eat fast food three times a day every day and the diary shows no improvement over weeks.

I don't care if someone doesn't talk to me everyday. During the holiday season I'll be lucking if I have time to even log on once a day. Support is one thing and I do have a few people I make a point to check on but I usually just comment on the ones most recent in the feed. I don't get offended not hearing from someone. I do answer all messages though. I work out of my house and have several email accounts to check and am on the phone a lot. That comes first for me.
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    this.....my own post repeated from a similar thread....I'm sorry, there are things I will make time for like eating right, working out, whatever, and things I won't make time for.....scrolling through my friends list to delete those I feel haven't measured up...for WHATEVER reason. If you're on my list, you're on for life.
    I delete people who delete other people for any reason. Or people who talk about why they delete people. I also delete for migraines, too chatty, head-lice, constipation, yellow teeth, irritable bowel syndrome, excessive flatulence, urinary track infections, lack of toe nail cutting, women who shave their hoo-hee and those with casualness towards general hygiene. I've also deleted for being members of Al Qaeda, Hamas or other terrorist organizations or people who just like to blow *kitten* up for no reason. I've deleted and will delete anyone too political, too religious, too opinionated, too sensual, too sexual, too apathetic, someone who is easily over-excited, too encouraging, too discouraging, too whiny, too quiet, too general and too explicit. Also bad grammar, GONE! If you've ever deleted anyone for bad grammar, you're gone too. If you don't eat donuts, gone. If you've ever deleted someone else for eating a donut, GONE! I will delete anyone who uses the words: journey or process in regards to weight loss. Finally and most importantly, I will delete you for lacking a sense of humor......oh.....and DON'T show me your bewbs, I will delete you for that.
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    or couldn't handle my go-hard-or-get-the-fu*k-outta-here mentality.

This! Many people can't stand about me usually ! And pure honesty, I just hate when people say stuff they don't mean.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    3 days missed and I delete, unless I know you in real life or I know you are on vacation or something like that. I've went from 300+ to 100 in the last few months.

I have logged in for 836 days straight now, and I like my friends to be equally dedicated or at least try.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Nope. I have more important concerns. People drop in and out.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    hell to the yeah. 2 months no login no Cal-J on your friends list. i don't need dead weight here.
    Funny ..
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yup. I give the a few weeks unless I see they are inconsistent and go days without logging, then come back for 1 day, then miss a week, etc.

I also delete people who miss days of logging and also don't have any open diary and then aren't losing any weight. For me, it shows a lack of commitment.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    yep
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    yes, over a week unless we talk regularly and i know they're going on a vacation or whatnot from their statuses. but if they just stop logging in for about 5+ days, they're gone.
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    3 days missed and I delete, unless I know you in real life or I know you are on vacation or something like that. I've went from 300+ to 100 in the last few months.

I have logged in for 836 days straight now, and I like my friends to be equally dedicated or at least try.

Wow! That is an awesome streak! Thanks for sharing.
  • DeeMiss
    DeeMiss Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't delete. Life happens. There will be road blocks, alot of people on here are here to get thin and healthy. But they didn't get fat and unhealthy overnight, they have to constantly fight.

And they might have a few bad weeks, or even a month. What if they have been gone for months, and you kept them, and randomly sent them an email about how you miss them. And they came back, and they absolutely needed that little bit of encouragement to turn around?

I have been one of those people that got deleted from a few, and recently received encouragement and came back. Life got in my way, and now I am so happy I came back!

Just something to think about, but everyone has their own decisions to make :)
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I haven't deleted anyone yet. There would have to be a pretty good reason for me to deleted someone at this point. I know that having friends who never speak to me doesn't mean they aren't cheering for me silently, or watching my progress and learning from it, etc etc. And vice versa.