Deleting Friends

Options
123457»

Replies

• OliveCarsey
    Options
    I've only been on here about 2 weeks and haven't deleted anyone, nor have I been deleted as far as I know. I figure if someone wants to delete me thats fine, it is after all their choice. I don't think I will delete anyone unless they are rude to me- if they don't log in for a month or so that is thier business- after all I don't know what is going on in thier "offline" life and they may be dealing with something that leaves them no time to check in (ill family member or death in the family etc). I have been a bit picky on who I have added- I don't want someone who is going to hassle me if I eat something unhealthy or if I eat a bunch of snacks (usually low cal- I am a late night snacker but am making much better choices). I eat fast food anywhere from once a week to 3-4 times a week and am learning to choose better meals and remove things like the mayo/bun to cut down on the cals and such. I try to be encouraging to the people on my friends list, but am not always going to be able to comment on every post. Above all I try my best to treat others how I would like to be treated.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Yes I have. If they are not supporting me as I do them and they quit and start , quit and start....Then they only log on when its their accomplishments:) I have the best pals :)
  • SusanDoesIt
    SusanDoesIt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have one friend - my daughter...who really hasn't committed, but I sure as hell won't delete her! LOL.

I do read blogs and message boards when I can (not often with a full time job, 3 kids and 2 stepkids, a dog, a ferret and a fish!), and offer encouragement and kudos all the time.

It's tough to commit to my food, exercise, AND a lot of friend interaction here, but I do browse and see the excellent support you all provide each other. I have picked up some great tips along the way, and have thanked the providers.

To each his own, as far as keeping/deleting friends, and I don't judge regardless.

Keep on loving yourselves by your commitment to a healthy you.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I give them 3-4 weeks then I hit the delete button.
  • AmyLyn1983
    AmyLyn1983 Posts: 100
    Options
    I've deleted ppl...but not because they quit logging. I started noticing how "obsessive" they became, about their own diaries and mine. If I ate a cookie, I got reamed for it. If I had an off day on my workout, I had a few friends who would act like everything I've done so far was for nothing. I understand the need for motivation and encouraging eachother but I got the feeling some of the ppl on here could take it too far. There's nothing wrong with eating junk food every now and then, or skipping a workout if you're not feeling well. We're human.It's about getting back on board when you slip up. It's about doing what's right you. It's your journey. Good luck! :flowerforyou: