Married and heavy flirting good or bad

Options

Replies

• earthtoemilyy
    Options
    i'm not married and not planning on getting married but my personal definition of cheating is if you do something and you know you'd be hurt by your s/o doing the same thing to you...so...definite no for me. don't be with someone if you can't keep it in your pants and only give them that kind of attention.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Bad idea. If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence. WATER YOUR OWN DAMN YARD :)

What if you have weathered crab grass and want to try some Kentucky Blue Grass?

I just researched grass, here is a quote from the site:
    "One of the reasons that this grass is popular is that, in addition to having beautiful blades, it can spread."

Source: http://www.differenttypesofgrass.com/
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Flirting is in our nature, we pretty much flirt up to a certain point daily. But when you're married you can not take it further than that. Basically just being nice and smiling. But once anything sexual comes into word play, that's a no-go. It's disrespectful. So heavy flirting when married or in a committed relationship, NO
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Any flirting is crossing the line.
  • BrazenHarpy
    BrazenHarpy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm married and the attitude I take is, don't do anything or say anything to someone that you wouldn't say to them in front of your wife/husband.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I don't say anything to others in private that I wouldn't say with my husband standing right next to me. Then again, I'm a little bit of a brazen hussy, so sometimes the things I'm willing to say in front of my husband surprise some people.
  • Shelli_78
    Shelli_78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    He said flirting not F**king..... I'm the type of person that enjoys the attention... yes it is a character flaw...but I enjoy it.... yep I am sure I pissed off some folks saying that and sure I'll be in hell but that's the way I feel and I won't apologize for it.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    If you wouldn't do it with your SO watching, don't do it at all.

I have flirted with mine around. Usually when we go out, sometimes a little giggle or some cleavage gets you some free stuff or discounts, i dunno. I know when we used to go through the drive thru at dunkins in the morning, one of us would get a free coffee due to his flirting with the dumb chicks who worked there. Maybe we're just awful people, but we know we love each other and trust each other, so there's no issue for us.

haha, not that ^^^ is fine fine with me. My hubby always tells me if i go somewhere with my girls and a guy offers to buy a round, why not let the idiot buy it. i go home with my husband :-)
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have mixed feelingd, if you truly trust each other then there shouldnt b harm done.
    on the other side of it, I think it can be disrespectful to the s/o.

I didnt do it when I was married. and I wont flirt w a guy who is taken either.
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    negative ghost rider :noway:
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Personally I feel that heavy flirting is disrespectful towards your spouse

Those are my thoughts on the matter as well . . . it can create some serious trust issues too. Make your spouse wonder just how far you'd take things with someone else.
  • kellygirl324
    kellygirl324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone needs to answer this for him. It appears the OP deactivated his account.
  • Shelli_78
    Shelli_78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Maybe his wife saw his post :explode:
  • texastango
    texastango Posts: 309
    Options
    Appears the line has been drawn in a similar place by most responders. Hope that helps a question you really didn't need to ask to know what the response would be.

So I'm going to restrict my answer to the question you posed about Heavy Flirting in a committed relationship.

Flirting is about 3 people initially - you, your significant other, and the person you flirt with.

Some would say that as long as there is no "EMOTIONAL" component attached to the flirting of either person doing it...it's technically "Okay" and doesn't cross the line of infidelity.

Every couple is probably different and the rules of this type of engagement probably should be stated in advance between husband and wife. Some might be okay with it, some not. The important thing is where the line is drawn. I had a woman come into my office just the other day and tell me "I told my husband that "yada yada" was okay, but that if he ever did "zada" not to come home.

Flirting is generally done to draw attention to one's self. Many of us on MFP are guilty of this. Hey, we have a new body and if no one notices it's like the tree fell in the forrest and no one heard it. The emotional component attached to it is how we feel about ourselves....not the other person.

Heavy Flirting (What ever that means) suggests there is more than flirting / attention as the intent. It suggests that you seek some sort of relationship because of sexual attraction or equivalent. Heavy flirting to me suggests the intent to take it a step further. "I wonder what your kiss tastes like?"

To me, this crosses the line of fidelity emotionally. Argue with me as you might. I can't defend the position other than to say that's the way I feel. Personally, I think flirting once you are in a committed relationship is dangerous and begins to border on breaking tthe trust you told someone you'd provide. So you need to examine why you feel the need to flirt heavily. What needs are not being met.

Bottom Line: Heavy Flirting Might Get You into Heavy Trouble....and maybe that's what you want...I just think their is a better way and a more responsible way for an Adult to act. Just sayin.
  • kellygirl324
    kellygirl324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Maybe his wife saw his post :explode:

That is quite possible! Im thinking he already knew that answer! :-/
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    What is considered "heavy flirting"?

No penetration, except digital.

Beastie...u dont post that often but when you do KAPOW....its good.

Wait is that flirting? Oh sorry....that post was SO disrepsectful

I know, right? Ha, ha. It's cool, bro. Wanna do it?

heh heh Beavis...she said "do it"
    OK your are cracking me up HAHAHAHA
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Just your opinion. Where is the line?

Flirting with your spouse?
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    1st you cheat with your mind then you will ......
    It's a dangerous game to play with to stroke your ego.
    This is how the affair begin-Flirting-
  • move257
    move257 Posts: 313
    Options
    I think it's OK to compliment other people, joke around and such.. However FULL ON FLIRTING, like asking someone what kind of panties they are wearing, asking for nude pics or.. who knows.. stupid shi% like that... That's where the line is drawn for me.. Just compliments and things like that. :)
  • wgn4166
    Options
    How YOU doin? (Joey Tribianni voice)

sorry that was me flirting with every female on this thread.
    Cant take any more!!!!! STOP!! I am rolling laughing!!
  • wgn4166
    Options
    Date women that like women too, then you can flirt together.
    HAHA LIKE THIS!