Replies

• ieva015
    ieva015 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    dude - no. just no. :indifferent:
  • nikkis01
    nikkis01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ive been with my hubby 13 years and Im a huge flirt! Yes my hubby knows I'm doing it and no he doesnt mind one bit! Why, because its a bit of fun and has nothing to do with our relationship! He knows I would never cross the line and we are both confident enough in our relationship not to let a silly bit of fun get in the way!

I think its all about intent! If youre looking for something else or you do it in secret then its more than flirting! I like to flirt because it makes me feel good, Im not after anything and make that perfectly clear.

I asked my hubby what he thinks and this is his reply 'I like that other guys flirt with you, youre a good looking girl with assets, they can flirt all they like, because youre mine'.

As long as youre open about it, whats the harm as long as both people feel the same!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Bad idea. If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence. WATER YOUR OWN DAMN YARD :)
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    If you wouldn't do it with your SO watching, don't do it at all.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I do flirt with people other than my wife, sometimes when she is there, sometimes she hears about it after the fact. And at times she is as big a flirt as I am.

And we've been happily married for over 12 years.

When you respect and trust each other, it isn't a big deal. It is fun, feels good, and is enjoyable to all parties. Of course, you should be ethical with the person you are flirting with as well. Let them know what the deal is.

This. My husband and I both flirt. Since day 1, we have both known the other flirts. That doesn't mean it goes anywhere else. I am the first person to tell you I am married. The end.

To each his own. Flirting is a grey area- it's not wrong across the board.

^this

22 years happily married and both of us are insatiable flirts. Then again, we are also friends on MFP and many of my wife's friends are my friends. We have some really good laughs in the process. This doesn't always work for everyone... especially if there is distrust and one or the other is doing just to "monitor" their spouse's activities and interactions.

I trust my wife and love the influence her friends (men and women) have had on her and her desire to achieve her goals... and there is a lot of flirting along the way. Ultimately, (as Jules so eloquently put) she brings her appetite home.

Seriously...and I don't know what you consider heavy flirting or what's behind the question but if you're having to ask this question here... I suggest you have a very open and honest conversation with your wife and not necessarily because she's doing anything wrong but clearly you have some concerns. If you all aren't on the same page... everything else is noise.

i like your wife.:flowerforyou:
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    i don't think flirting is bad. touching is bad..
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    IDK. It all depends on the couple. For some it's harmless for others it kills the relationship. What's your definition of flirting? I was told I was flirtatious when i was just being nice and polite and flirting was the last thing on my mind.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm disappointed that this even had to be asked.
  • cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm married and the attitude I take is, don't do anything or say anything to someone that you wouldn't say to them in front of your wife/husband.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Totally cool! I LOVE flirting with my husband!
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm disappointed that this even had to be asked.

agreed. Not okay in my book
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    If you wouldn't do it with your SO watching, don't do it at all.

I have flirted with mine around. Usually when we go out, sometimes a little giggle or some cleavage gets you some free stuff or discounts, i dunno. I know when we used to go through the drive thru at dunkins in the morning, one of us would get a free coffee due to his flirting with the dumb chicks who worked there. Maybe we're just awful people, but we know we love each other and trust each other, so there's no issue for us.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Bad idea. If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence. WATER YOUR OWN DAMN YARD :)

What if you have weathered crab grass and want to try some Kentucky Blue Grass?

I just researched grass, here is a quote from the site:
    "One of the reasons that this grass is popular is that, in addition to having beautiful blades, it can spread."

Source: http://www.differenttypesofgrass.com/
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Date women that like women too, then you can flirt together.
    The world would be a better place if everyone were more like you. :wink:
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    STUPID NONSENSICAL QUESTION.

STUPID NONSENSICAL ANSWER.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    draw the line at DON"T
  • jenwalton
    jenwalton Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i don't think flirting is bad. touching is bad..

Agreed!
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    STUPID NONSENSICAL QUESTION.

STUPID NONSENSICAL ANSWER.

:flowerforyou:
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Be honest with yourself - would you be ok with your spouse doing it?
  • ericanicole27
    ericanicole27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just don't do it. If you're attracted to the other person one thing WILL lead to another and you'll be in so deep that you'll wonder how you even allowed yourself to get to that point. It will ruin everything. It's BETTER to be left thinking.. what if? Then to ruin a marriage. And I speak from personal experience. If you feel the need to flirt with someone else, go to counseling or whatever it takes to get that same feeling for your spouse. Stay on the right path.. temptation is a ***** and UNFAIR... and NOT RIGHT.