What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• kitkatlp
    kitkatlp Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    ptipton520 wrote: »
    Showing my age and my ignorance -- but what does NSV stand for? I'm assuming it is some type ???? small victory.

Non-Scale Victory. ;)
  • hanksmom79
    hanksmom79 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    fireytiger wrote: »
    I was walking around wearing size 20 jeans and had to keep pulling them up (I *hate* belts so I don't wear them) and in the evening, I was walking through the hallway and they slipped off to my ankles, haha! Now I have a new problem: I'm still too big for any of my size 18s. :P

@fireytiger , I think you're going to need a belt...! ;)

What is it you don't like about them? I found that I hated the way the buckle on mine made my belly appear to stick out even further than it already does! (I don't tuck my shirts in so they hang over the top of the buckle and bulge out.)

I solved that by buying one of those men's belts that have a "clip" fastening - not sure what you call it - that lays quite flat. It's fully adjustable too, no holes, so I can get it exactly where I need it to be and easily adjust it when sitting or standing if it's too tight/loose. :)

If you still don't fancy that kind, what about threading a thin scarf or wide ribbon through the loops and tying that? (It would cause more bulk at the waist, though a ribbon shouldn't be too bad..)

Of course, now I've realised that my current pair of jeans are starting to feel loose (and like you I can't fit the next size down yet), I need a belt for them and this one is too wide! I had to go back to a buckle. :grumble:

(Found a picture of the belt style I'm trying to describe!)

lw9134arrann.jpg

This thing is a lifesaver for me when in between sizes (which I always am since my waist is smaller than my large(r) thighs). Even if my pants fit, I'll sometime wear it to smooth out the button area if i'm wearing a slim fitting shirt.

https://www.amazon.com/isABelt-0-5-Original-Invisible-Belt/dp/B003IMG7QS
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    hanksmom79 wrote: »

This thing is a lifesaver for me when in between sizes (which I always am since my waist is smaller than my large(r) thighs). Even if my pants fit, I'll sometime wear it to smooth out the button area if i'm wearing a slim fitting shirt.

Interesting - thanks! How does it actually fasten? I can't quite figure that out from the pictures and reviews!
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options

Interesting - thanks! How does it actually fasten? I can't quite figure that out from the pictures and reviews!

they kind of just...clip.... lol. it's hard to explain. best belts ever though, I'll never buy any other kind. except maybe those seatbelt ones which are quite similar.
  • koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    fireytiger wrote: »
    I was walking around wearing size 20 jeans and had to keep pulling them up (I *hate* belts so I don't wear them) and in the evening, I was walking through the hallway and they slipped off to my ankles, haha! Now I have a new problem: I'm still too big for any of my size 18s. :P

@fireytiger , I think you're going to need a belt...! ;)

What is it you don't like about them? I found that I hated the way the buckle on mine made my belly appear to stick out even further than it already does! (I don't tuck my shirts in so they hang over the top of the buckle and bulge out.)

I solved that by buying one of those men's belts that have a "clip" fastening - not sure what you call it - that lays quite flat. It's fully adjustable too, no holes, so I can get it exactly where I need it to be and easily adjust it when sitting or standing if it's too tight/loose. :)

If you still don't fancy that kind, what about threading a thin scarf or wide ribbon through the loops and tying that? (It would cause more bulk at the waist, though a ribbon shouldn't be too bad..)

Of course, now I've realised that my current pair of jeans are starting to feel loose (and like you I can't fit the next size down yet), I need a belt for them and this one is too wide! I had to go back to a buckle. :grumble:

(Found a picture of the belt style I'm trying to describe!)

lw9134arrann.jpg

Pressure! That little knob looking thing on top is a bar that goes down to the other side. When it's on one side, it puts enough pressure on the belt that it stays in place. When you slide it to the other side, it lessens the pressure so you can slide the belt to make it bigger or smaller.

Edit: this was supposed to be a response to the post asking how the belt worked. I think I quoted the wrong post. Oops!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I've been bigger than my mom since the 6th grade. Currently I live overseas and we were skyping about some clothes she wants to send me, so she asked me what size shirt I wear now. She could not believe it when I answered: size 6 US, 10 UK. "That's smaller than what I wear!!"

It was a huge NSV for me! She and I are best friends, but when it comes to weight loss she has sometimes pushed a bit too hard over the years. It was great to see the happiness in her face that said: "I'm so proud you did it!"....even if being thousands of miles away from her is probably one of the reasons why this time it worked ;)

Oh, la. So relate to this! Good for you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!