New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    yaxwtkkvp87b.jpeg
    grezo47dog8v.jpeg
    I'm sick as a dog right now, but a girl's still gotta eat, right?

I bought these at Kroger the other day since they were on sale ($3.50-ish, I think?). I found it pretty "meh". The cream cheese had a good texture, but I think that it had too much sugar added into it, since I feel that proper cheesecake should still have a bit of a tang to it, and this didn't. The cherries were also too sweet, and only tasted like sugar (instead of like fruit). Maybe I should have tried the strawberry. In any case, the ingredients list is surprisingly not terrible, and the macros are similar to that of a standard pudding cup.

6.5/10

I saw them for $3.99 or something at Shop Rite and couldn't figure out what we were supposed to eat them with. Never occurred to me to just eat it like a yogurt LOL. I might try the caramel one when it's on sale.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Junk Food Banter reviewed the new Opti Cake Bites.

I think I'll pass.
  • Francl27
    Options
    5h00szrrvjfq.jpg

Pretty good, but I think I still like the fudge bar betters.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    For those of you near an HEB, there's a yellow coupon for Yasso bars in store

http://hebbargainhunter.blogspot.com/2017/01/heb-bargains-enlightened-ice-cream-bars.html
  • Francl27
    edited January 2017
    Options
    girl-scout-smores-chocolate-dipped-cookie-today-160810-tease-02_226f6043e816632c0c5f9387c9aea2be.today-inline-large.jpg

The new Girl scout s'mores cookies. Still pissed that I live in a place that doesn't have the sandwich ones. I tried the other one yesterday and it doesn't taste like s'mores at all, it has a vague minty taste too and is just a very average chocolate covered cookie, and is nowhere as tasty as the Thanks-A-Lot. Bummer.

• CooCooPuff
    Options
    Is it announced where what s'mores cookie is sold?
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Junk Food Banter reviewed the new Opti Cake Bites.

I think I'll pass.

Was able to sample them all. The birthday cake is the best imo, but still nothing special.

This makes me feel better about not being able to scarf these lol
  • Francl27
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Is it announced where what s'mores cookie is sold?

I couldn't find the info anywhere!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    while in canada my best friend got a hold of these and brought me back two. Yes they are AMAZING... so bummed we dont get them here... or now that ive tasted them maybe its a good thing.
    2f5sdaqvtrsg.png
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    ju6bnnw5boc0.jpeg
    f7zffxd6birs.jpeg
    This was pretty similar to the salted caramel bar in texture. Soft, with pea protein crisps littered throughout. It tasted a lot like the salted caramel bar too - although it did have a slightly chocolatier hint to it. It also had a chocolate coating in the bottom, which I liked, and I still found it plenty sweet and satisfying for the macros.

7.5/10
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Eating the new Frosted Chocolate Mocha Dunkin Donuts Pop Tarts right now and not impressed. It's delicious, don't get me wrong (reminds me of chocolate brownie batter when toasted), but it doesn't taste anything like a mocha. My favorite is still the Vanilla Latte which actually has a really nice espresso flavoring to it!!!
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4107416/Hostess-Brands-recall-Twinkies-salmonella-fears.html

I just noticed this. There's been a recall on peppermint Twinkies.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @Strawblackcat
    Were the Philadelphia cheesecake things $3.99 EACH or for 2?
    Thanks for the review by the way!
  • Strawblackcat
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    @Strawblackcat

It was a bound pack of two for that.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    @Strawblackcat

Silly question but what part of the market did you find them? I didn't see any with the cream cheeses or with the puddings and jello (but we might not have them yet).
  • Strawblackcat
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Anyone try spiru-tein protein shakes? There are free samples available was thinking of ordering if they are any good. The banana split and chocolate cherry sound good. Wonder if anyone has tried.

http://vonbeau.com/offer/16-free-spirutein-high-protein-energy-meal-shake-mix-samples.htm

I've tried the vanilla one before when we were discontinuing them at work and put everything that we had left of them on clearance. The taste and texture were really good - really smooth and sweet. They gave me horrible digestive issues, though (some of the worst cramps and bloating that I've ever experienced, which lasted for days) so I'm never going to be interested in trying anything from them again.
  • Strawblackcat
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    @Strawblackcat

Silly question but what part of the market did you find them? I didn't see any with the cream cheeses or with the puddings and jello (but we might not have them yet).

I found them right above the displays of cream cheese. They're pretty new, so you probably just don't have them yet. Honestly, I was kind of suprised to find them.
  • Francl27
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    @Strawblackcat

At Shop Rite it was with the puddings.