Post anything you want (as long as it follows MFP guidelines)

Options

Replies

• angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    pm8804roddi3.jpg
    Our zapping cap. Just because I think it looks pretty cool and science fictioney
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    pm8804roddi3.jpg
    Our zapping cap. Just because I think it looks pretty cool and science fictioney

Do you put a wet sponge inside?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    pm8804roddi3.jpg

Selfie request while wearing it.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    dc6088 wrote: »

Do you put a wet sponge inside?
    we use a salty gel to get it to conduct through the skull and stuff
    cee134 wrote: »

Selfie request while wearing it.
    I'm administering it to someone else haha, but maybe later

• cee134
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    9vb9bg3dhpu7.jpg

idk but these are the most beautiful hands

@KyleGrace8 this is called bioluminescence. I just got back from the Grand Cayman Islands and took a night kayaking tour during which demonstrated the same effect. Organisms in the water light up when the water is stirred by your paddle or your hands. It is so bizarre and unique. The light runs off your hands exactly as shown in the picture.

I've been lucky enough to see this effect in the middle of the Atlantic, in the dead of night, from the aft end of an aircraft carrier turning at 20 knots. A trail as far as you can see, all the way to the horizon.

This is as close as I've ever come.

zclau3wqpobd.jpg
  • rnelson88
    rnelson88 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    So who has tried the Whole30 program?
  • dc8066
    Options
    9vb9bg3dhpu7.jpg

@KyleGrace8 this is called bioluminescence. I just got back from the Grand Cayman Islands and took a night kayaking tour during which demonstrated the same effect. Organisms in the water light up when the water is stirred by your paddle or your hands. It is so bizarre and unique. The light runs off your hands exactly as shown in the picture.

I've been lucky enough to see this effect in the middle of the Atlantic, in the dead of night, from the aft end of an aircraft carrier turning at 20 knots. A trail as far as you can see, all the way to the horizon.

There are few spots in FL where you could see bioluminescence
  • cee134
    Options
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    9vb9bg3dhpu7.jpg

That must have been incredible! I kind of think of bioluminescence as nature's special effects for us. Like lightning or the northern lights.
  • dc8066
    Options
    9vb9bg3dhpu7.jpg

That must have been incredible! I kind of think of bioluminescence as nature's special effects for us. Like lightning or the northern lights.

It is fascinating to see a school of fish or something bigger, a dolphin or a small shark, passing by in complete darkness, when every moving creature lights up
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    9vb9bg3dhpu7.jpg

Pics or it didn't happen

Squids don't take pics that could be used in court against them.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Morning sunrise of downtown Phoenix, AZ from the campus.

15876992_1807809929493232_2590488023976116224_n.jpg
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    9vb9bg3dhpu7.jpg

Pics or it didn't happen

Squids don't take pics that could be used in court against them.

I was thinking this very thing when I was posting the speed of the ship. I know the right numbers to say.

Just put the plus sign behind the number and you can't go wrong.

"Top speed? 18+ knots."

The Ortolan was super fast. lol
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    2qhd823rrrcn.jpg
    8e6m74t90pso.jpg
    n0n7vs4fnc2b.jpg
    md27hc78rdd2.jpg
    ae6pae5f88pl.jpg
    g0d6gsetcejc.jpg

These are the only pics on my work computer. I am absolutely sure the IT guy mumbles WTF every time he has to get into my computer.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
  • cee134
    Options
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.