Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options

JFT Sunday

- 12,001 steps ✔️ over 19,000
    - Change Fitbit goal to 12,000✔️✔️
    - Take multivitamin ✔️
    - Stay warm @ soccer. ❌. It was freezing 9am games suck!!
    - Rosemary chicken for dinner✔️
    - Laundry✔️✔️
    - Meal prep for the week.❌. Still time but didn't plan tonight. Hope I can figure it out

JFT Monday

Ugggghhhh Monday and it's snowing AGAIN

- Somehow get steps in. 12,500 goal
    - Make it on time to early morning meeting
    - Keep up stretches
    - Multivitamin
    - Tackle basement if no soccer practice

Monday .... I can do this.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Just for Sunday
    1. Drink more water and try a new tea :) Tried Raspberry White Tea. Really good!
    2. Grocery shop :) Done
    3. Relax and think about my next steps ;) Started thinking about things. In a bad place right now with stress and need something to "give"...
    4. Pinterest for ideas to organize and save space in our smaller home. Must declutter. :) Lots of great ideas! Now, to actually build/purchase/create any of them is a different story...
    5. Pinterest and you tube for quilting ideas :) My husband is setting up a sewing nook for me so I can start! Hopefully it will be all set up for this weekend.
    6. Read and journal :) Done
    7. Have tomorrow's stuff ready tonight before The Walking Dead starts at 8:00. :D Yes! Dang, that show is getting good (if you like that sort of things...
    8. In bed unplugged one hour prior to bed. :)

Just for Monday
    1. Hydrate with water and decaf tea
    2. Healthy food choices
    3. Talk to my boss about work concerns today and come up with a strategy and prioritize tasks
    4. No work tonight. Go home and pay attention to your family.
    5. Read "Simple Abundance..." book
    6. Take time out to do something for me, even if it's just painting my fingernails or coloring in a color book
    7. Pack tomorrow's lunch and set out tomorrow's clothing.
    8. Unplug and write in gratitude journal one hour prior to bedtime

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    Just logging on to say hi. I have never gotten a cold this bad! It is so frustating. All I have been doing since last week is lay in bed, in hopes it gets better. This morning I went into the doctor, thinking it was possibly bronchotitis or even pneumonia. No .... it just a really bad, deep cold, that has to run its course. Hubby is worried he will get it. So.... back to bed, drinking my fluids, and thats about all.
  • mytime6630
    edited February 2017
    Options
    5. Pinterest and you tube for quilting ideas :) My husband is setting up a sewing nook for me so I can start! Hopefully it will be all set up for this weekend.

So happy to read this!! Sewing is my best therapy. No matter the stresses, when I sew, I focus on that, and nothing else matter.
    If you get a chance, watch some YouTube Videos by Missouri Star Quilting. You will be so inspired, and all her stuff is easy things to do!
    Now ..... I just have to start feeling better so I can get back to sewing. I tried last nite, but after 30 minutes just gave up and went back to bed.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 Hope you feel better soon! :smile:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 oh no i really hope you feel better soon!
    Atleast you're getting plenty of rest, during my cold I had to look after toddler and baby then my OH got a puppy!
    Ain't had no rest whatsoever!

Thank you everyone for your support
    I've done well today!

Only over my calories by 14 (but about to have a yoghurt cause I'm hangryy) so that will be like 114 over
    I've had two cups of water and done all jobs I've needed to today including getting the puppy almost fully toilet trained!

So!
    Goals for Tuesday
    - make an unreal amount of pancakes.... and log them
    - Drink 3 cups of water
    - Stay as near to my calories as possible with only 100 over at the most!
    - Book in the girls at the gym crèche and get my butt back there!

Finally! I'm back!
    Motto for March - Kick some butt!!
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    2/27
    Didn't sleep well last night because my heart is breaking for my friend. And with the flu still in this house I should take the time to get some rest if I can. Today is my weekly prepare for the meetings for the week day. :| Didn't exercise but I was to busy with meeting prep that I did t get a nap either.
    5000 steps :/ 4865. I should have kept walking but I went to bed early because I was so tired.
    Drink 32 ounces of water :)
    Log all food and stay under :/ Husband brought home chocolate cake from a meeting he attended. I was at my calorie goal but then I caved in to temptation.
    Call my friend and let her know I love her and support her. :)
    Read and study. :/ Went to bed early and didn't get this done.

2/28
    Exercise 20 minutes
    Steps 8000
    Drink 32 ounces water
    Log all food and stay under goal. (Let the kids finish that chocolate cake hubby brought t home yesterday!)
    Laundry at friends house.
    2 hour meeting in the morning
    Read and study
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    linnea4 wrote: »
    Monday:
    Record - Done
    Aim for that 100 calorie boundary - Yeah, right. I tried, but the chicken looked so good.
    Pay attention at work (this would probably go better if I wasn't updating this at work, but I have a deadline, so I need to get cracking :smile: ) - Eh - not as much as I would have liked.
    Think of another JFT goal for tomorrow... - Hrmmmmmmmm

JFT Tuesday:
    Record (Because I know it helps, even if I don't want to do it.)
    Aim for that 100 calorie boundary (this time I'm not going to be treated to dinner by my daughter as a surprise.)
    Pay attention at work (Changing jobs tomorrow, so kinda have to get crap done today.)
    Either go for a walk or go to the gym. Don't consider it, do one or the other.
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    - Somehow get steps in. 12,500 goal✔️
    - Make it on time to early morning meeting✔️
    - Keep up stretches❌
    - Multivitamin✔️
    - Tackle basement if no soccer practice❌

3/5✔️

JFT Tuesday

Change Fitbit goal to 12,000
    - walk at lunch hope it's not too icy
    - Drop off friends supplies
    - Stretches
  • cschmitz110515
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Yesterday M 2/27/17
    1) Drink 10 glasses of water - Yes 12 thirsty after walking the dog :smile:
    2) Walk at least 1.5 miles on treadmill in evening - remember that 10K on April 1 - got home from car repair shop at 5pm and, since most of the recent snow/ice on roads had melted, walked dog our 2.34 mile route...way better than being on the treadmill, and dog loves it! B)
    3) Floss - do not fall behind on this! Yes :smiley:
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 w/o TV - Yes barely 10:29 :smile:

Just for today Fat Tuesday 2/28/17
    1) Since I caved at work this morning and ordered a paczki, I WILL walk on the treadmill tonight (crappy weather)
    2) Log all food....no more sweets after paczki
    3) Drink 10 glasses of water
    4) Grocery shop after work and stick to list
    5) Floss - have to keep this going!
    6) Bedtime by 10:30 w/ TV off
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Had a hectic reading week helping my bf move and early flights sent my habits out of whack. Today here we go!
    -Crush your midterm this morning (already done but needed something good to start!)
    -drink all the water
    -stay within calorie goals
    -prep food and school for the week
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    JFT 27 Feb Monday:
    1. Log everything...stay within cal. limits-- :o Logged, but went over
    2. At least 3 pints water/tea-- :)
    3. Some exercise-- :) Got in a nice 20 min walk yesterday before the snow hit today!!
    4. Remain in peaceful place-- :/ So-So
    5. Keep taking all of my vits./supplements-- :/ I think I missed it
    6. Make appt. for dd's college application/test mtg.-- :/ Yesterday was a down day and didn't feel like doing anything.
    JFT 28 Feb Tuesday:
    1. Log everything...stay within cal. limits
    2. At least 3 pints water/tea
    3. Some exercise
    4. Remain in peaceful place
    5. Keep taking all of my vits./supplements
    6. Make appt. for dd's college application/test mtg.

Big joke on me today....I ate a cinnamon roll, which I thought would be 225 cals, which I could easily compensate for thru the rest of the day, right? Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell: I misread the label. Turns out I was reading the cals for 1/2 roll....There went 550--down the hatch in like 2 min. (Funny how quickly we can consume those calories!!! Actually not funny). Hope you all get a good chuckle from that one! WHOOPS!
  • TechNerd42
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    Big joke on me today....I ate a cinnamon roll, which I thought would be 225 cals, which I could easily compensate for thru the rest of the day, right? Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell: I misread the label. Turns out I was reading the cals for 1/2 roll....There went 550--down the hatch in like 2 min.[/b]

I hate that! Let's face it, they do that simply because it makes it look like it is fewer calories, but they know people are going to eat the whole thing. I bought a large cookie sandwich at the Walmart Bakery a couple months ago. The serving size was 1/6 of the cookie. I could see cutting that one in half, it was about the size of one of the small one layer cakes (maybe 5-6 inches in diameter), but if anyone tried getting six slices, they would have ended up with a mess. Insane.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Just for Monday
    1. Hydrate with water and decaf tea :)
    2. Healthy food choices :)
    3. Talk to my boss about work concerns today and come up with a strategy and prioritize tasks :D
    4. No work tonight. Go home and pay attention to your family. <3
    5. Read "Simple Abundance..." book :)
    6. Take time out to do something for me, even if it's just painting my fingernails or coloring in a color book ;) Didn't need to do something for "me". Just not working while at home last night and sitting with my family was really what my soul needed. Was wonderful!
    7. Pack tomorrow's lunch and set out tomorrow's clothing. :/
    8. Unplug and write in gratitude journal one hour prior to bedtime :)

I didn't do anything special or wonderful yesterday, but it was a great day just because I got some sound advice from my boss as far as being too perfectionistic and how I can approach things with different goals to take some of the stress off. I also had a really nice evening just sitting with my husband and watching The Voice. I spent some time time with our dog, who I have been ignoring horribly. I was, for the first time in probably well over a month and maybe even two, really present with them. It was just what we all needed. I brought my work laptop home just in case I wanted to get some more work done, but I never opened it. :smiley:

Just for Tuesday
    1. HYDRATE with WATER/Tea
    2. Go to my weigh in. Haven't been there in 4 weeks so this should be interesting. *ugh*
    3. Be positive and encouraging to my husband who really got some crummy news about a business deal he had going for the last year
    4. Notice the small stuff. Notice how happy the simplest every day things really do make me feel.
    5. More Pinterest tonight for organizational ideas, and quilting ideas. :D
    6. Treadmill or DVD tonight. No excuses.
    7. Read out of my Simple Abundance... book. Start my project.
    8. Unplug one hour early and bed.
    9. Be kind and patient with my colleagues. We are all stressed...not just me. Try to walk away from negativity if I can't turn it around.

2017 Word: Serenity

Tracie in WI
  • LizaC1120
    LizaC1120 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I started a Daily Commitment thread a couple of years ago. But I have been slacking the past few months, so I am starting fresh again today. My weight is at a all-time high. I know I have a lot of old habits that I need to get rid of, and replace these old habits with good, healthy habits.
    So I decided rather that keep posting on the old thread, I would start a new thread. A new, fresh start. to take this one day at a time.
    Would anyone like to join me daily, in posting our goals for each day? And then come back the next day, and report how we have met those goals, along with goals for that day? That way we are accountable to each other in meeting these goals, changing old habits, one day at a time.

My hope is that if I try and stick with goals, one day at a time, these new goals can become new, healthy, habits.

So since today is January 1st, 2017, here are my goals, Just for Today.
    Starting weight: 217.4
    Goal weight for Feb 1: 210
    Ultimate goal weight: 175

Just for Today:
    1. log all food - no matter what I eat. Be accountable.
    2. Drink water. Shoot for 6 glasses of water, just for today.
    3. Exercise. If only 30 minutes, do something! :) Already accomplished this at the gym this morning :)
    4. Get back on here tomorrow, to let you guys know how I did.

Anyone want to join me??

Yes how
  • cschmitz110515
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Welcome @LizaC1120! Just post here with a goal or two every day Customize however you want. I suggest you read this thread a little ways back to get some ideas. :smile:
  • cschmitz110515
    edited March 2017
    Options

I didn't do anything special or wonderful yesterday, but it was a great day just because I got some sound advice from my boss as far as being too perfectionistic and how I can approach things with different goals to take some of the stress off. I also had a really nice evening just sitting with my husband and watching The Voice. I spent some time time with our dog, who I have been ignoring horribly. I was, for the first time in probably well over a month and maybe even two, really present with them. It was just what we all needed. I brought my work laptop home just in case I wanted to get some more work done, but I never opened it. :smiley:

Tracie in WI

Wonderful, Tracie! :smile:
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    2/28
    Exercise 20 minutes :)
    Steps 8000 :)
    Drink 32 ounces water :)
    Log all food and stay under goal. (Let the kids finish that chocolate cake hubby brought t home yesterday!) :) I did not eat the cake!!!!
    Laundry at friends house. :)
    2 hour meeting in the morning :)
    Read and study :)

Exercise 20 minutes
    Steps 7000
    Drink 32 ounces water
    Log all food and stay under goal
    Clean the house
    Read and study

February weight lost: one pound lost.
  • TechNerd42
    Options
    linnea4 wrote: »
    Either go for a walk or go to the gym. Don't consider it, do one or the other.

Yeah, not going to happen. I've had dinner and I'm hundreds of calories short for the day, but don't want to eat some more. Maybe l'll have a little peanut butter, that's calorie dense and will at least help me get closer to goal.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    LizaC1120 wrote: »
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I started a Daily Commitment thread a couple of years ago. But I have been slacking the past few months, so I am starting fresh again today. My weight is at a all-time high. I know I have a lot of old habits that I need to get rid of, and replace these old habits with good, healthy habits.
    So I decided rather that keep posting on the old thread, I would start a new thread. A new, fresh start. to take this one day at a time.
    Would anyone like to join me daily, in posting our goals for each day? And then come back the next day, and report how we have met those goals, along with goals for that day? That way we are accountable to each other in meeting these goals, changing old habits, one day at a time.

My hope is that if I try and stick with goals, one day at a time, these new goals can become new, healthy, habits.

So since today is January 1st, 2017, here are my goals, Just for Today.
    Starting weight: 217.4
    Goal weight for Feb 1: 210
    Ultimate goal weight: 175

Just for Today:
    1. log all food - no matter what I eat. Be accountable.
    2. Drink water. Shoot for 6 glasses of water, just for today.
    3. Exercise. If only 30 minutes, do something! :) Already accomplished this at the gym this morning :)
    4. Get back on here tomorrow, to let you guys know how I did.

Anyone want to join me??

Yes how

We would love to have you join us. All you have to do is post whatever your goals are, and then come back the next day to post how you have done, and with new goals. Each day is a new beginning. I find that coming here keeps me accountable.