Trying to gain weight sucks

Options

Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    kaykay6676 wrote: »
    Omg! Thank you. You understand. Haha! Everyone always just tells me to eat more. But I honestly feel like I'm eating enough.

You are clearly not. If you were you would be gaining weight. Add some butter ,olive oil,nuts,chocolate,cheese or other calorie dense tastey foods to your diet.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    What should I eat or drink to give me more energy? I'm always tired and I hate it.

When are you tired? How much sleep do you get, and do you get decent sleep?
    How many calories are you eating? What is your macro breakdown like?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    The tiredness could very easily be to do with too few calories and low body weight. And conversely, whilst trying to gain the extra food will require more energy to be directed to digestion so this could also cause some tiredness. These things should resolve though.
  • Bridogg72
    Bridogg72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Oats seem very high in calories? Substitute them for 2 extra PB
  • RedwoodGypsy
    RedwoodGypsy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I totally agree it SUCKS! It's like I have to work so damn hard to gain any weights. Like eat an unhealthy amount pretty much.
  • artlesslife
    artlesslife Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I said the same thing a few years ago.. just have to eat
  • jennieskoolaid
    jennieskoolaid Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this out there but what if you have a tapeworm. My cousin had one and he kept eating like crazy and not gaining and in fact kept losing weight! Finally he went to the doctor and got it figured out.
  • BuffingButtons
    BuffingButtons Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Can you make your diary public so we can review the entries to see what you are eating?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    @jennieskoolaid I already went to the doctor and everything was good. Everyone here is probably right. I do eat a lot but probably not as much as I should be. But I'm starting to keep track now and I'm starting to notice a difference not only in my body but my mental Health as well. Before I was always tired and depressed. Now I'm a lot more motivated and happy. I still have my days. Who doesn't? But I'm starting to feel a lot better about my self.

This is great news.
  • kaykay6676
    kaykay6676 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Couldn't really find anything at the store. Will this work at all to like help me gain weight?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Couldn't really find anything at the store. Will this work at all to like help me gain weight?

What will help you gain weight, as has been said several times, is eating/drinking more calories. If a protein supplement helps accomplish that, then yes, it will help you gain weight. Other than that, there's nothing magical about protein supplementation for weight gain. It's a food source, just like any other food.
  • ColoradoChlo
    ColoradoChlo Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I personally love gaining weight. Protein, protein , protein! Take advantage of that anabolic window. :)
  • kaykay6676
    Options
    I'm going to have to drink someone my calories because is hard for me to eat so much. That's why asked if it would help if I were to make a shake with it. And I was only asking if this one would work because I didn't know if there was certain kinds your like suppose to buy. And it says to use water or skim milk. Does that really matter? Or can I use any kinda milk?
  • ColoradoChlo
    Options
    Use any milk. Just kinda depends on your preference.... How creamy/thick you want it to be. When I drink my whey, I can only use water or skim milk.... Otherwise, I can't stand the texture. It's up to you!
  • kaykay6676
    Options
    Okay! Thank you!!!
  • ColoradoChlo
    Options
    Of course, girl!:)
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    You're going to have to train yourself to eat more. When I first started MFP, it was so hard for me to eat because I was never hungry. The more I "forced" myself to eat, the easier it got over time. I still have some bumps every now and then, but now I have a much better appetite.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to drink someone my calories because is hard for me to eat so much. That's why asked if it would help if I were to make a shake with it. And I was only asking if this one would work because I didn't know if there was certain kinds your like suppose to buy. And it says to use water or skim milk. Does that really matter? Or can I use any kinda milk?

If you're looking to add calories, it would be best to use whole (full fat) milk. And maybe add a couple tablespoons of peanut butter to it.