Anyone doing/done intermittent fasting?

Options
Fitkam90
Fitkam90 Posts: 360 Member
I'm doing intermittent fasting and I am getting good results from it so far. Has anyone else had results from intermittent fasting? Or are you just starting out?

Replies

• Fitkam90
    Options
    Amry1213 wrote: »
    Just starting out :) Starting with a 16:8 fast, but I'm trying to work my way to 20:4 to see how I feel with that! So far I'm liking it!

I'm doing the 16:8 also. It took me awhile to get used to the fasting window because I would feel so hungry right before bed lol. But I have adjusted! I don't know if I could do the 20:4 haha. I really like not having to worry about cooking an extra meal, so it works out for me! :D
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    Amry1213 wrote: »
    Just starting out :) Starting with a 16:8 fast, but I'm trying to work my way to 20:4 to see how I feel with that! So far I'm liking it!

I hope you have good results!
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I started off about 15:9 then I turned it into 19:5 and right now I could go 20:4 but the only issue with that is I don't know when my fiancé will get home to cook supper for him!
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Fast5 - three years now...eating window varies any time between 1pm-10pm
  • wendybirdgirl
    wendybirdgirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just started too, coupla days ago. I have already lost a few pounds. I like that I only have to think about what I am going to eat, during a small window of the day. The rest of the time I just try to stay busy. I am doing 16:8, but still keeping track of calories here.
  • jennylea70
    jennylea70 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for a few weeks, it seems to help increase the weight loss a little bit. I do 16:8, usually eat between 12:30-8:30p. It definitely helps me keep within my calories and save some calories for that before bed snack I always crave! I definitely couldn't do 20:4!
  • Calichusetts
    Calichusetts Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    3-4 years. Dropped 60 pound initially. That was a little too much and put 10 pounds of muscle back on. Love it. After a while, you will build up the mental stamina and willpower to not even be concerned with the tail end of a fast. Knowing you are eating the correct calorie count and nutrients helps as well.
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    ituakalau wrote: »
    Fast5 - three years now...eating window varies any time between 1pm-10pm

Wow! 3 years... That's great
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Been doing it for two years. First 5-months lost 45-lbs. Have maintained since (gained a little and lost it again when I went off and then back on the program). I do 20:4 to lose and 16:8 with a low carb big salad lunch to maintain. I don't count calories. I eat ad libitum. I exercise about 4xweek running. I'm just getting serious about losing some more (need to lose about 20-more lbs) and have done 20:4 for about 3+ weeks now.

I like it cause I get to eat tell full, it doesn't cost anything, and I don't have to count or do a lot of meal planning. Good luck!

See OMAD, Intermittent Fasting, and 5:2 forums.

Wow! Congratulations. You are really dedicated!
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    Hey! I just started too, coupla days ago. I have already lost a few pounds. I like that I only have to think about what I am going to eat, during a small window of the day. The rest of the time I just try to stay busy. I am doing 16:8, but still keeping track of calories here.

I like the less meal planning too! Congratulations on your results. That's very exciting :)

• Fitkam90
    Options
    jennylea70 wrote: »
    I've been doing it for a few weeks, it seems to help increase the weight loss a little bit. I do 16:8, usually eat between 12:30-8:30p. It definitely helps me keep within my calories and save some calories for that before bed snack I always crave! I definitely couldn't do 20:4!

Good job! I'm about 2 weeks in the 2nd time around. I was doing intermittent fasting and loved it earlier in the Summer. Then I got off track when I went on vacation. I'm finally back on track and I really want to stick with it long term! Sometimes if I'm starving I'll eat a yogurt before bed.
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    3-4 years. Dropped 60 pound initially. That was a little too much and put 10 pounds of muscle back on. Love it. After a while, you will build up the mental stamina and willpower to not even be concerned with the tail end of a fast. Knowing you are eating the correct calorie count and nutrients helps as well.

Woah! 60 pounds??! That is so inspiring! I really like intermittent fasting and can see myself doing it long term. I've tried low carb diets like the ketogenic diet, and they are just too strict for me, I never last very long on keto.
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    I started off about 15:9 then I turned it into 19:5 and right now I could go 20:4 but the only issue with that is I don't know when my fiancé will get home to cook supper for him!

Man that takes some serious will power! You are tough! Congrats on the results : )
  • shipleyamye
    shipleyamye Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am doing a 16:8 right now. I have just restarted...I have also done longer fasts other than just intermittent however, that was more for religious purposes than it was for weight loss. I find that keeping a good fasting/ eating schedule keeps away that mindless eating that can sometimes get people into trouble.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind my asking, I have heard of intermittent fasting, however I don't know the science behind it. I guess I could just google it but thought maybe you could just give me an idea. How is it different if I ate 1500 calories in a 12 hour window versus the same amount of calories in an 8 hour window? I am currently doing keto and wanted to see if maybe this is something I could fit into my lifestyle. Thank you in advance! :)
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind my asking, I have heard of intermittent fasting, however I don't know the science behind it. I guess I could just google it but thought maybe you could just give me an idea. How is it different if I ate 1500 calories in a 12 hour window versus the same amount of calories in an 8 hour window? I am currently doing keto and wanted to see if maybe this is something I could fit into my lifestyle. Thank you in advance! :)

there is no difference. it just helps some adhere to their calories if they have a window of time to eat it. even with IF you still have to be in a deficit to lose weight. I have done IF most of my life because Im not a breakfast person. and I have also gained weight eating too much in my window of time.weight loss is not going to be any faster if you eat the same amount of calories , meal timing has no effect on weight loss,gain,etc

This is me - I have never been a big breakfast eater and skip it most of the time. There is nothing magical about IF - I got fat eating 2 meals a day and lost a ton of weight eating 2 meals a day. It all boils down to how many calories you eat during the eating-window.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!