WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2017

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    The agent is coming today at 2 pm to value our house. He says he has people looking, but, if he hasn't, we will have to discuss whether we really want to go down the whole selling path again. :*;):/
    Doing a very cursory tidy up.

DH had a phone call this morning from his best cricket friend to say that his grandson had died. This child was born with a rare genetic disorder and was not expected to live more than a year. He could not move or respond to anyone. He lived 4 years with his mother's and grandmother's devoted care. Many crises in hospital. He died last Friday. Of course, his mother is having a very hard time. Our friends' son is reaching out to them for support. I'm sure everyone has mixed emotions.

Love to all.

Rita - looks amazing there!

Lisa - excited for you!

Michele - I feel a bit the same about my brother's exrended family. It's a whole different world. My DH can't get his head around them at all. :o:|

Heather UK xxxxxxx

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Boo! >:)o:)<3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kim My mom used to send out the most amusing rhyming Christmas letters. I wish I would do it every year, but in truth I've only done it once. It was received very well, though. Apparently the tale (which included details about the Thanksgiving turkey bursting into flames on the grill and our antics putting it out, our bad dogs peeing where they aren't supposed to, etc) generated a great deal of mirth and several rereadings of the poem to others out loud. I really should try again this year, LOL! but not sure I can top that one. I may be a 'one poem wonder'.

Michele Sounds like Lisa will be closer to DJ than you! Here in Richmond, I am about the same distance from Fayetteville as you are! (3 hours).

Lisa Wonderful writer's group. Nice send off! Safe travels. That extra money will make it a little easier.

I work this evening with my crazy coworker who is coming as me for Halloween. We put our heads together to try to coordinate outfits but I don't have a dress the right color, so I'll just do my best to come as me dressed up like him dressed up like me. ;););)

Karen in Virginia
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    9tbx11z0n8t2.jpg

The last day of the month is when I get the new thread ready. Be looking for it to be posted around 6 PM PDT.

<3 Barbie
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    September went better than anticipated ... hoping for a good October too! Roughly the same distance/hours as in previous years ... or more. :)

Oct 2015: 441.82 km (274.5 miles) = 47 hours 43 min
    Oct 2016: 649 km (403.3 miles) = 49 hours 46 min

2017 Monthly October
    Walking Distance (km): 128.1
    Walking Time (min): 1601.3
    Cycling Distance (km): 519.0
    Cycling Time (min): 1620.5
    Flights of Stairs Climbed Number: 253.0
    Flights of Stairs Climbed Time (min): 202.4
    Other Distance: 0.0
    Other Time: 15.0

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 647.1
    Total Distance (miles): 402.1
    Total Time (min): 3439.2
    Total Time (hr): 57:19:11

All done! And much better than my previous Octobers! :)
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    ceebxot8gjs7.png
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Lisa I'm sad that you will be here in town and not time to get together. Keep me in mind when you are back visiting sister/niece, that I'm here in Oklahoma City. :) I love the Fayetteville area. Your going from extreme dry to extreme humidity. Lol. Safe travels. <3

Janetr okc
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sue in TX: We bought paint samples and put them on art board with low stick double stick tape on the back. We painted the art board with all the colors we were considering and stuck it to the walls. In the end, we lined all the boards up on the piano & friends told us which they liked best. It confirmed what we thought and we went with it. This cost about $50-$60. The actual painter and paint was quite a bit more and he did a wonderful job. :smiley:

Machka: I love daylight savings time, too. Tomorrow we go back on standard time. :grumble: Good luck with your test.

Joyce: I've been very pleased with the D3. How much do you take daily? I wonder how close it is to the amount I take, 5000IU. :huh:

Rita: Thanks for sharing the photos! :smiley:

Rye: I'm so glad that you are working with nice people. It makes a huge difference in happiness. :star:

bmcq: Welcome back! :bigsmile:

Kim: It is good to hear that your weather is finally cooling off! Ours has been gorgeous so far this fall but I'm expecting the rains to set in any time. I hope we have a dry evening for our trick or treaters. :smiley:

Lisa: Safe travels. I hope this adventure is full of good things. :star:

Heather: I hope the time you spend with the real estate agent is productive for you and your DH. :smile:

Karen: My parents sent out hundreds of cards and we seem to send out fewer each year. :ohwell:

Barbie: I'll be looking for the new thread. Thanks so much for this wonderful gift each month! :heart:

Trick or treat this evening and I'll be quite surprised if we have more than one or two. Living in a gated community is a mixed blessing. When we first got here the driveway was wide open and strangers peeked in residence windows and had lunch in our gazebo. It was unbelievable how rude they were, so the gates were installed and No Trespassing signs placed on them. We currently have two young children living here. I hope they stop by and get some candy.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    Today was Halloween ... I don't think anyone came by the house, but I went for a brisk walk to the beach and back, and came across maybe a dozen kids dressed up.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween. We also live In a gated community of about 5,000 people. There are lots of children but we live on the river where the houses are farther apart so we don't get many/any trick or treaters. There was a big truck and treat party at the activity center on Saturday.
    I agree with Kim, I was thinking uncouth describes the in-laws. I guess every family has their issues.
    So proud of me, I got my steps and water in yesterday. Food was better but needs more work.
    Have a special day.
    SueBDew in TX
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Lisa- very nice gift from your writer group! Enjoy your last couple days at home and will be thinking of you and wishing you safe travels Thursday.

Heather - I wish you well with the sale of your property. I love the Halloween costumes of your grand babies!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Terry - cheers! Hope you enjoy it enormously...

I started it last night and I'm really enjoying it! I couldn't write a book in a million years.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    DJ ~ Love the spider in your hair.

Karen in VA ~ Olivia and mom are two pretty ladies

Alsison ~ That stinks that you are a long time employee and getting full time benefits

Heather ~ The grands are so cute in their costumes…especially Bea

Rite ~ The landscape photos are great although I would have a difficult time living without my green trees and grass

Michele ~ Hope you will share some photos soon.

Carol in GA
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    JanetR - I seriously thought about trying to see you, but I know Corey and I are both going to be completely exhausted the first night on the road, after packing the trailer all day on Wednesday. This will be my only opportunity to see my sister, too, and she lives 15 miles from the hotel where we'll be staying. Small-town Oklahoma, not a hotel in sight. I knew you were in that area, and I'm sorry to miss the chance, as well. :)
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Terry - love it!