WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2017

Options

Replies

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday,

Rye, love the cats. Just want to snuggle.

Lenora, hope your ear aches is better.

Joyce, I love figure skating too. Probably because it is like dancing. I am addicted to So You Think You Can Dance.

37jaspersmum, welcome. I think you will find this to be a funny, helpful and supportive group. Just tell us a little about yourself and what you want to be called.

Barbara, poor Scooter. Hope he is better soon.

Penny, what a frequent flyer you are. Although you are probably tired of it by now.

Lisa, I’m so excited as your book I ordered (This Little Pig) just came. I’ll start it tonight as I just finished one.

Machka, good luck on the test. You have worked hard so I’m sure it will go well. You’ve got a busy week. Hope everything goes well.

Well we had quite the thunderstorm here last night (I slept through the whole thing). We lost one of our trees. Thankfully it didn’t land on anything. We could only go down one way on our road. We counted 44 trees down before we hit the interstate. We have no power. Not sure when it will come back on. Couldn’t help thinking of my MLI and SIL in PR. I took a shower in the dark, then brought my makeup to work and put it on there. Well better get back to work.

Terry
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Penny, the bean salad looks yummy. What's in it? I agree, I look terrible in a selfie. I can't seem to get the angle right.

Okie, November goals? I didn't do so well with my October goals so my goals will probably stay the same.

Machka, well done on the steps!

Terry
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Terry - cheers! Hope you enjoy it enormously...
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :star:
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Katla, well friend I do have raw carrots on hand, but 85 grams of carrots (about 10 baby carrots) is only 30 calories. I boiled some carrots, added margarine and brown sugar and bumped the calories up to 175 calories for dinner. I still have been mindful of my fats. For a healthy consumption of fats you should eat 53 grams daily. I am averaging 30-40 grams a day. I'm like a fat consumption rock star this week!! Haha!
    Becca
    Just tiptoeing down to
    Onederland!!
    In Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Terry, I remember watching The Wide World of Sports every Saturday, and watching the figure skaters. The moment they fell though, I felt so bad for them I would turn the channel to cartoons!!
    Becca
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    Becca- Great job on your eating program! Sounds like you're doing a fantastic job!
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    tdclvjzxk0t4.jpg
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Barbara -S Oregon - Falling is terrible; but to me, more terrible is letting fear limit you, I am taking a yoga class at the local senior center – it’s cheap ($4 per hour) and has really helped my balance and I have seen improvement in others in the class, just a thought.

Penny – I would love it! I’d miss the gardening, Maybe house plants? Looking at your butter bean salad, I have the green onions, celery and pomegranate growing in my yard now, but that’s all imported for you.

A quick comment on Halloween, it is my folks wedding anniversary – yes they got married on Halloween, my mom is very, very frugal and the church hall was unused that day and discounted so that was the day… My dad (he’s passed now) always said my mom came down the aisle on a broom stick, she’d tell him she’d put a spell on him – but it was all in fun, their personal joke.

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Terry - hang in there. Take it one day or even one meal at a time! You’ll get there.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Becca ~ Love all the photos you share.

Kim ~ So good that you are posting again. You are missed when you are not here.

Carol
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    thanks carol, I miss being here....
  • Jettaska
    Jettaska Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. My name is Jetta, I am 52, so I think I have found my group! I live in Canada. I enjoy being outdoors. I am back at MFP, since my weight has gone up and my eating has gotten out of control. My goal is to lose some weight and not to gain it back. I plan to stay here for a long time. I think it is too late to set goals for October, the only October goal for me is not to eat Halloween candy.
    For November I plan to exercise three times a week and not to go over my calorie goal. I want to be in better shape for the winter and the ski-season.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    Kim- great to see you here! Funny story about Halloween with your parents. My mom told me I was labor pains for her on Halloween and she did everything possible not to go into labor in fear of having a witch for a daughter. I came 2 days later.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,582 Member
    Options
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Kim- great to see you here! Funny story about Halloween with your parents. My mom told me I was labor pains for her on Halloween and she did everything possible not to go into labor in fear of having a witch for a daughter. I came 2 days later.

Our birthdays are a few days apart, mine is the 5th. I'm lots older tho lol

Janetr OKC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,733 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Working till 5..spoke with the office manager and she is my daughter's age...and I asked if starting in the new year that I could get 2 weeks vacation I had it up until this past year and part time aren't supposed to get any.now if they try to cut my hours again I will have to look for another job..this is not in the plan .at 57 I really don't want to hunt down anew job as I go through a divorce..