WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2017

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Lisa in West Texas, Hey friend, we wish to live with our Navy son, sometime next February! He still has to choose his next billet, calling his detailer in January. His lease runs out in March, and he put his non paying room mate on the lease, so he won't be renewing THAT! He thought it was a good idea at the time, because he wanted a house sitter, but he is really messy!! My son sees the hopeful in everyone... So anyways, moving in, sharing a home, and being close to a base is like perk city! Son and I have had fun picking rentals and posting them on our email messages. For $1600 a month we can get a pretty large rental, 3 bdr, 2 bath, 2 car garage, and some have booth a living room and a family room. Ideally, we want a home each having our own living areas. We are room mates first, son and parents next. Good luck with your move!!!
    Becca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    Xxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Didn’t realize i was on a 2045 logging streak
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    The sun is out today! The cats are loving it, laying in front of the kitchen patio door even though the door is closed. .

Church good today. We gas our trunk or treat today. Someone asked why churches do it. For our church it is one of our outreach programs and we had a couple of new families today. We are still down a couple of choir members though. Anyone want to join?

Joyce, indisna
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,325 Member
    Options
    The pigs cheeks were heavenly! :D I think I will take the remainder to Hove with us for our babysit. With a jacket potato it would be perfect. Plus vegetables of course!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,782 Member
    Options
    Ok so this grandma is pooped...
    Taliah had an absolute ball.. waaaaay to much candy was given but she went around and gave out some of what she got to the kids coming in, she found some of her school friends grandparents live right down the hall from me... so she had a few friends to play with and she sorta took over the place but everyone had a good time... dropped her off, and picked Chester up so will have him overnight... so kind of getting into some type of routine with the pups and grandkid
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    I remember when I was working there was an employee that loved to go around and tell dirty jokes. I guess in some instances, that could be sexual harassment. I know I should have not listened but I always did and laughted or groaned but I listened. I was one of hose people who had a hard time making friends and I guess I laughed because I wanted to be friends. But I know my parents would have really whooped my butt if I did that as a teenager. I have my old muses group that I see when we can get together. Are they bosom buddies? No. Would I be totally distressed if anything should happen to them? I don't think I wouldn't be anymore than any other aquantence. The same with my Sunday School class at church or my choir members, I remember at my present church and previous one being so envious of people getting together after church. I would stand close and act like I was listening but no one asked me to go out to lunch after church or for ice crea, after choir. Many time I felt like a wall flower. That is kind of how I feel with Charlie at times. When we travel, he can talk, AKA, *}+]*}^ at other drivers, but he won't talk to me. I just feel like I am invisible. To it I said something I felt he needed to know and I got no response.mso I asked him if he listened and he said no. This has really affected my confidence in making conversation when I am out with my nurse friends. I don't know what to say.

I don't know if some of you who have been here awhle have noticed that I have posted less but I just feel like a failure as far as MFP goes. I think I remain here just to talk.

And it may pertain to what I said earlier, but I didn't go to church is morning. I a, having back pain again and it's easy to get up in the morning in pain, go to the bathroom and just go back to bed. Especially if I know there are enough altos to sing our special. I stopped going to Sunday School last year when I had the severe back pain and I just haven't gotten back.

Thank for listening guys. Joyce, Indiana where we will be dipping down into the 30's tomorrow

I know just what you mean, I have been fighting depression and do not want to go to doctor and have meds changed again. I feel like a failure in a lot of ways lately. Take care of yourself, Vicki Grand Island, NE
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,325 Member
    Options
    Michele - So glad it passed off ok. You will feel a bit sad for a while. That's natural. (((HUGS))) <3

Vicki - Really happy to hear from you. You are a success, not a failure. <3 Some people have a lot to cope with, that's all.
    I have always been a fan of yours. And remember - you can always start over - tomorrow is another day. :)
    "DON'T LET THE PERFECT BE THE ENEMY OF THE GOOD "

Just watched Blue Planet 2. Amazing! :D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Terry- your wreath is beautiful. You are so talented. Do you sell them, I bet you could make a lot of money.
    Heather- the grands are so cute and I know you enjoy seeing them often.
    Vickie- good to hear from you. Take care of you.
    Michele- we can all breathe easier now that the wedding is over without a hitch.
    Beautiful sunny day after a lot of my plsnoze last night. >:)>:)>:)>:)
    SueBDew inTX.
  • suebdew
    Options
    Suppose to say plants froze last night. Why can't zip edit? I press the w
    Gear but it won't let me edit...

• wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) The dogs and I love our walks in the dark. We feel like we have the world to ourselves. Our neighborhood is quiet and has minimal vehicle or pedestrian traffic. We were out for 55 minutes before breakfast and will go out again after meditation and walk for another 90-120 minutes. Life doesn't get any better than this.

I agree. If I had nothing left, if I couldn't do anything else, no riding or running or working out...as long as I could walk my dogs I would be content. <3 Wendy
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day-
    Floor exercises- 1hr 29min 30sec, 4sets of 10 ea, 24 different exercises, 142mhr, = 528c
    Apple Watch- 460c

• suebdew
    Options
    Wendy - forgot to tell you my library in Texas has Overdrive also. They are expanding the building so hopefully will get more audio books.