WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2017

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Today's kind of strange. I had just yogurt and coffee for breakfast, then for lunch I made some albacore tuna, cottage cheese, pasta and dressing salad. For dinner I shall have some chicken, and brown sugared carrots. Dessert is apple sauce. OK my protein is a whopping 70 grams, my fats are 41 grams, but my calories are only 974. I have eaten all my proteins for the day. How do I bump up my calories???
    Becca

Our time at Talking Tombstone's... In Astoria's cemetery.
    b5t2gv012cdx.jpg

srri0jck9bvv.jpg

i873tyqov4x1.jpg

Husband wanted me to take a pic with this guy...no way!!
    yhelfwmlqb3x.jpg

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    michelle congrats on your daughter’s wedding. I can imagine feeling let down after such a long awaited event. Hope you’ll feel like sharing some pics eventually.
    NYKAREN
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :)Michele , congrats on surviving your daughter's wedding with poise, grace, and the right attitude <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Becca- you don't need to bump up your calories if you feel satisfied and full. Think of your week as a calorie bank and if you get in 1200 cal times seven equals 8400 cal then you're good. Some days you eat less than 1200 some days you eat more than 1200. You could call it intermittent fasting. 5:2 fasting is where they eat 500 cal for two days and the other five days they don't really count calories. I think you eat Great food choices for today!
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Friends,

Katla, do you have to pay for your library card? And if so is it a one-time fee or annual? Ours are free here.

Rori, have fun with your new laptop. Sending more prayers for your brother.

Heather, thanks for the kind thoughts. My DD is driving me crazy at times but it’s not all the time. Much of the time we just great each other and don’t say much more. That is so weird but seems to help keep the peace as she just wants to be left alone. Once in a while I open my mouth and say something motherly to her and that sets her off. “She is an adult and doesn’t want to be treated like a child! She is off on Sundays so has been home all day and things have been fine, as she is either out in the screened porch or up in her room. I just miss the sweet, loving daughter I used to have. I think part of it is due to a frontal lobe injury she had about 4 years ago but to be honest she was a little like this before that. I appreciate all of you being concerned about me.

M, great costumes.

Allie, you sound so happy. I love it..

Penny, beautiful picture of the snow in the moonlight. Was Bigfoot there before the picture? A huge congrats on the loss. Isn’t it great to be a loser!!!

Heather, great pictures of the grands. That always brightens my day. Thanks.

Terry, beautiful wreath!!!

MicheleNC, I’m so glad the wedding went off without a hitch. Your little girl got married so I’d think it’s natural to be a bit sad. At least now hopefully your life can calm down a bit and get back to normal.

Becca, does that Grim Reaper live at that cemetery or is he just there for Halloween?

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

DH and I finally went out to get Halloween candy today. He’s the shopper and I’ve been mentioning it to him for over a week but he hadn’t gotten around to it. We also went to Kohl’s to look at their rugs. Some of my throw rugs are showing their age after 9+ years. We found some that I liked and they were on sale for ½ off. I hadn’t planned to buy today but with that sale we did. In addition to the sale, I got a $10 certificate to use at Kohl’s and an additional 20 % off coupon. I’ll take a picture later and let you see what they look like. I’m about to nod off here so going to go get ready for bed.

Sending love, good thoughts and cool sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Michele Yay! She's married! I know you must feel a bit let down now that it's over...is it a relief, too? By the way, with Lisa moving to Fayetteville in a few days, how far apart will you be? I don't remember where in NC you live.

Kelly Curried butternut squash and pear soup sounds heavenly. Will you share your recipe (maybe you have already and I missed it)? Love the idea for your Halloween costume. >:)

DJ ((Hug))

We went to a Halloween party at my stepson's house yesterday. I ate more than I intended to, but kept it low carb, and was pleased to see a 1 lb weight loss on the scale this a.m. My 8 year old granddaughter went and was a big help, taking the little ones for "hayrides" in the wagon.

Feeling much better now that I am back on track with my eating. Had a protein shake for breakfast, homemade chicken & vegetable soup for lunch (yum yum), and tuna steak, asparagus, & sweet potato for dinner. Delicious!

I love all the costumes and beautiful make-up. What a bunch of talented and creative people you all are!

One of my co-workers is coming as ME for Halloween, LOL! It would be inappropriate for me to reciprocate, so I am going to come dressed in the outfit he is trying to mimic, so we will be Bobsey twins! We will have our picture taken together. If it's amusing, I will post it here. He is so silly.

Love,

Karen in Virginia just 3 hours North of where Lisa will be living
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Terry your wreath is absolutely gorgeous. <3

Janetr okc
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,107 Member
    Options
    Lagopus wrote: »
    Well, it's official: I've crept below the 70 kilo mark. t2742.gif Now I only have to get rid of 8 more. s0724.gif

Several of you have asked about how we handle the darkness. I really don't see many who have to struggle with it. Those who do don't last long here.

First of all, congratulations!

Secondly, I'd be one who wouldn't last long there. I love daylight ... almost crave it. I absolutely loved the summers in northern Alberta, Canada where the sun would come up about 5 am (but the sky would start getting light by 4 am) and the sun would set about 10:45 pm (but twilight would continue till nearly midnight). For me, it could just stay like that. :)

Fortunately, things are improving here in Hobart and will until Dec 21 ... more daylight each day.

We think, now and then, that we might like to move to Queensland, but Queensland is that much closer to the equator where the sun sets about 6 pm year round. It may be warm and lovely in Queensland, but I'm not sure I could handle so much darkness all the time.

Machka in Oz
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Penny- Congratulations! You are doing fantastic!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,666 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    t31211.gif
    sumo squat 3x10 @ 30 lbs
    deadlift 3x10 @ 30 lbs
    dumbbell row 3x10 @ 30 lbs

*17,000 steps
    *197 minutes walking with Sasha and Bessie
    *110 minutes riding the exercise bike
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Becca- you don't need to bump up your calories if you feel satisfied and full. Think of your week as a calorie bank and if you get in 1200 cal times seven equals 8400 cal then you're good. Some days you eat less than 1200 some days you eat more than 1200. You could call it intermittent fasting. 5:2 fasting is where they eat 500 cal for two days and the other five days they don't really count calories. I think you eat Great food choices for today!

Awesome sauce!!! That makes a lot of sense thank you! I have just finished my candy carrots and chicken, and I do feel satisfied. I do have 33 oz of food to drink though... So that will keep me occupied as I watch TV!

Becca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    DJ, oooh I think he lives there!!! Eek!
    Becca
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,650 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Penny – I have long thought I would love living in Longyearbyrn, the dark and cold would be fine, the language would be my nemesis some times I can barely remember how to pronounce taco and burrito! (stretching the truth a bit, but only a bit) The picture with the snow glitter and bear prints is fab!

I am changing up some of my podcast listening, and added a British cooking show, called the Food Programme BBC 4 - the accent makes me think of Heather, I love the phrasing and pronunciation as some words are so completely different from one side to the other of the pond.

All the pictures are great.

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Mary – I’ve decided to work with the kettlebell and some weights and maybe start trying to hold a plank.

The last time I did that; however, threw my back out. Which is easy for me to do because I am swaybacked and getting my gut straight is hard to judge, so I will really have to be careful. At this point, I don’t see ‘walking’ or ‘on a treadmill’ doing much for my belly. I am also going to throw in a little ‘dancing’. Tomorrow I will also be cleaning up my utility/computer area. Purging as I go.

Michele – I don’t know how it feels to have a daughter get married; but, I have seen my sons get married.

Trey, first time, Daddy at the age of 19; mother turned 18; 6 days after Taylor born. But, the relationship already had problems before throwing in a baby. It never got better and mother (of 3 by different daddies) lost all 3 to their respective Daddies. Taylor, by choice, 2nd one had been staying with her paternal grandmother 98% of the time, until when she lost her 3rd to DFACS … her Daddy took custody of her. Nothing has been done by the mother to even ‘attempt’ to appear she is trying to get them back.

Trey’s 2nd wife and I have a relationship that is a bit on the ‘touchy’ side. Finally, she seems to be ‘trying’ harder. Now they have gotten their debts taken care of. They are both a lot easier to be around. They had to go for a physical for ‘new insurance’ with her ‘new’ job. She is sort of ‘hot & cold’ about it; but, making more than she ever has since she’s been in the picture. MD told her that he wanted to get her 'mood swings' and 'depression' taken care of before working on her weight.

Youngest son just got married for the first (and only) time this past May - 2 years ago. They lost a baby Labor Day weekend. But, we are not saying anything to pressure them back into IVF. She has a child by a previous marriage who loves Will as much has he loves her. And he ‘loves’ her about as much as he loves her Mama. We are very pleased with our family; although we have no contact with Louis’ daughter and her husband or daughter. That was her choice and we are allowing it. Doesn’t say it doesn’t hurt because it does and we missing out on another granddaughter.

I think I worry a lot less about Will than ‘we’ did prior to being married. He now has ‘family’ and seems very happy.

Terry – That is a beautiful wreath! Do you make them for yourself only or do you sell them?

DJ – Your DD sounds a ‘lot’ like my DDnL#1 – I am almost afraid to open my mouth until she opens hers and then hopefully she won’t take anything I take ‘out of context’. I think the ‘stress level’ down there has definitely improved.

Allie – How old is Taliah?

My oldest sister and her two daughters have been on a ‘diet program’ very much like I have been. Oldest daughter lost 50lb in 5 months. Youngest daughter took longer; but, had less weight to lose. Sister has lost 5lbs in a week. Eating something 5 or 6x a day and drinking water (in ounces) equal to ½ of what she weighs. For the most part, I think I am drinking enough water – at least most days. My exercise for the past couple of weeks has been off; but, I still lost 2lbs over the past 2 weeks. I really want to get down to my goal by 6/16 (Trey’s birthday); but, I think I am going to have to really ‘kick it in’ to do so. She sent me the name of her Nutritionist; the diet program starts with an "O" ... just cannot remember the name of it.

Ear aches (right side) and have had a headache almost all day – ranging from mild to migraine. I will take a muscle relaxant when I go to bed so maybe I won’t grit and grind my teeth all night. I have misplaced my night guard. I know I had it not long ago … pretty sure I took it to FL with us; maybe it is in my bag for my C-pap machine. Need to remember to check that. I’ve put drops in my ears but still having a stabbing pain.

Tomorrow is another day!

Lenora
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Lanette, Talking Tombstone's is an event where participants dress as the local dearly departed. Its a great way to learn about pivotal families that developed this area. Being that Astoria is the oldest city in Oregon, its very interesting.
    Becca
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Lenora- just go really light and design your own program to fit your ability. You have the template just adjust it to fit your back and build strength first.

<3

Mary from Arizona