WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2017

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    I decided to change kettle bells this morning! Just ignore my first post of my workout! So I cut down on the amount of sets starting at week one of the program and used the larger 40 pound kettle bell. I will use the 35 pound with my husband for the evening work out because I do not think he is ready to move up. He is a lot stronger than me but, he has back issues that prevents him from keeping up with me. ;)

Kettlebell Workout
    Morning workout
    Goblet squats-3X5X 40
    Russian kettle bell swing-10X7X 40
    Evening workout
    Goblet squats-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-22X7X35

<3

Mary from Arizona

• fanncy0626
    Options
    Janetr- your birthday is the same day as my daughter-in-law's! Mine is on Thursday! That's why I'm also starting my fast on Friday! I told my husband all I want is a cake like they give to one-year-olds on their birthday! We will probably go out to a Chinese restaurant buffet or Golden corral!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,582 Member
    Options
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Janetr- your birthday is the same day as my daughter-in-law's! Mine is on Thursday! That's why I'm also starting my fast on Friday! I told my husband all I want is a cake like they give to one-year-olds on their birthday! We will probably go out to a Chinese restaurant buffet or Golden corral!

lol sounds good to me !!

My oldest daughter is flying in from Denver Thursday to spent the weekend and my birthday with me. I'm excited about that. :)

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Janetr- enjoy your Birthday weekend with your daughter! That will be great fun for both of you!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,732 Member
    Options
    home and in jammies and peppermint tea
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    thanks carol, I miss being here....

Rushing in.......(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))!!!!!
    Becca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    A bit melancholy today! I haven't heard from Nuke son in over a week. He was going online and connecting with my husband, but not to anything I do on the computer. Well, I sent a message to a couple of sites saying "call me, I miss you". Its been two days. I send him brownies and cookies which he should've gotten today, and no call yet saying he got them. Trying to just chalk it up to me feeling needy. He is experiencing true freedom from family, and while I understand it, my heart still hurts.
    Good side today, I am doing well with my logging! Had the same lunch like yesterday! Its protein packed. Its albacore tuna, those small cans, then 1/2 cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of whole wheat pasta, and 2 Tbsp of EVOO dressing. Mix it up with pepper, and its heaven!
    Tonight is my candied carrots, and some applesauce.
    Finished my 64 oz container of Crystal light lemonade by 1 pm!!!!
    I am now peeing my life away....
    Becca
    Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    p2cgbaep0m32.jpg
    Yep that's on my plate today!

Becca
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Heather – Bea looks more and more like Edie. Is she a ‘Ginger’ (reddish hair)?

Becca – I’m on a very low, low calorie count; but, I am drinking protein shakes, and eating protein bars. Then one meal (much like your dinner) of no more than 550 calories. Have about 5 pages of meals I can make (and do sometimes). I also eat a meal (usually later in the day) because I am not ‘hungry’ until about 3:00pm. After a good breakfast, I can usually stay within the 960 calories I am on daily so that I will lose the weight I have. If you are full and you have met your ‘proteins’ for the day. I don’t see anything wrong with it. Boiled eggs if you like them are full of protein, peanut butter (but it has the fat to deal with). Three or 4 ounces of chicken, beef, for a ‘meal’ meat or snack. I haven’t really been too worried about how much I eat as I am ‘what’ I eat. I’m sure some on this site will say I am taking in too little in the way of calories; but, it is with MD supervision and Nutritionist over-seeing what I have done. It has come off very slowly, but, steadily; so hopefully I won’t gain it back quickly, if at all. I’m sure you would be told to ‘bump’ your calories by several ladies here. When I first started off at this amount, I was very hungry. But, I am not now. I know what I can eat and drink and how much exercise (CICO) I must do to get to my goal. While I don’t feel good today, I will get up on that &%^# treadmill tonight while the news is on.

I guess I do what Mary says … on both CICO … I don’t like cold weather because it means I cannot go outside and play hard enough to burn off the calories. Walking 15 minutes on treadmill burns more than an hour around the property.

DJ – My DDnL#1 is ‘up and down’ and you never know what is going to set her off. She just got put on Wellbutrin by her OB/GYN; but, because she said ‘it made her sleepy and not feel good’ [depressed] she went off it. Now when to Louis’ MD for a physical for her job. She wants to lose weight. Looks bigger than she has ever been. Talked to him about ‘mood swings’ and I don’t know what he put her on; but, he did tell her that he wanted to get her ‘moods’ (mental status) under control, then work on her weight. Said that quite often they go ‘hand-in-hand’.

Machka in Oz – I am with you – I want to stay daylight for the longest period of time, when I am awake. I don’t like Daylights Savings Time.

Allie – Unless and until you Dad tells his MD that you are his representative and that the MD can talk to you about his health and healthcare – H.I.P.P.A. protects him and he isn’t going to tell you, or even talk to you, about your Dad. Health Insurance Privacy Protection Act. That is why, when you go to the hospital and to ‘some’ MDs’ office or to a lab, they ask you ‘if’ you mind if someone calls to tell them you are even there … much less anything else. They will acknowledge that you are there; but, after that … NOTHING. Do be mad or ticked at the MD, he just does not have permission to talk to you. I can’t even talk to Louis’ MD until he tells him he can. I went with him to his Urologist and ‘we’ talked to the MD. Of course, when he got ready for the exam, I stepped out of the room and then his nurse let me back in. But, I have been standing right there with him being examined as well.
    Hope you have not had the bad storms they are showing us on the nightly news. That almost looked like hurricane strength winds. Boy, and the trees throw windshields.

Carol – I agree – too cold, this time of the year; but, down here, we don’t get nearly the cold weather that Atlanta gets. We can be ‘in shorts’ probably more days than not.

Barbie – When we let Cracker out when the local 11:00pm news comes on, sometimes she is quiet and will wait by the door patiently. Other times, she is barking before I can get back to the other end of the house. Sometimes almost ‘screaming’ with her barking – high pitched. The other night we pulled in the driveway and there were 10 deer (does) in the field. I’m sure that was probably what has been setting her off. But, deer bring the coyotes in closer and they might see her as a small tasty snack. I am usually running to let her in.

Terry – Went to MD and saw PA. Was screened for the flu and strep. Fluid behind left ear; but, right eat hurt more. She has to really work to be able to see in it anyway. It was more cloudy. The oily drops that I had put in them Saturday and last night … were so ‘out-of-date’ I did not even admit it. But, they have been taken off the market and nothing OTC like them and no Rx either. I don’t know what young mother’s do without it – pain relief in the ear canal. I understand why babies with ear infections scream like they do. I wanted to scream.

Penny – Bean salad looks Yummy!

Beth – Labs have a lot of problems with their hips as they get older – it can be extremely painful for them. If they are the least bit heavy, which is easy for a lab, they like to graze, it only makes it worse. Chase and Taylor’s little chocolate lab is tiny compare to Luna. Knox doesn’t even look like she is a year; Luna puts his paws on Taylor’s shoulders when she comes home, to greet her – and she stands taller by a few inches. I can’t even touch my thumb and middle finger around her tail; but, that is OK, she HATES anybody messing with it.

Louis’ 76th is on the 2nd.

Lenora
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,938 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka & Penny: I don't know how I'd handle months of dark, either, other than taking lots of vitamin D3 as a supplement and having daylight temperature lights all over my home. That is what I do here at the 45th parallel year round and it works for me here so I think it might work anywhere. I've heard that people (like me) with summer birthdays are more inclined to have day length depression in the dark months. :star:

One place I lived in Canada had an absolutely wonderful "gym" which helped me through the winters there.

This gym was a whole sports complex/community centre. You walk into a wide hallway like a shopping centre, and on one side were some sports shops, the gymnastic gym, and the hockey arena. On the other side were tennis courts, and climbing walls, and a pool which they surrounded with tropical-looking plants.

Upstairs was a massive oval track over the whole gymnastic area and hockey arena, and a gym (weights, cardio equipment) on the other side overlooking the tropical swimming pool.

In the middle of the oval track were all kinds of plants and things, and then at one end was the spinning class area looking out huge windows to the hills beyond.

I used to go there and swim sometimes. Other times I ran/walked on the treadmill overlooking the tropical pool. Sometimes I ran/walked on the track. And quite often I attended spinning classes.

With all the plantlife, bright lights, and tropical feel ... the place was an oasis in the midst of the gloom of winter.

I could go there for a couple hours in an evening and feel like I had really taken a break from it all. :)

M in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,732 Member
    Options
    Lenora
    I am my dad's medical POA I do have permission to speak with the Dr.my brother just called and said there is a huge tree down in the Rd near my dad's school was out today and probably tomorrow as there was so much damage..here is hoping they get it back on soon.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Spent two hours picking up sticks in the back so DH could cut the grass then his battery on the mower died. Just got it 9/11/17. He will take it back tomorrow.
    Got all my water in today and just need to walk 1,000 steps to meet my goal. Will log food as soon as I finish here.
    Katla-so glad you like the color of your bedroom. I tried about six shades of green and never found the right one. dH picked out a color called Potter's clay sort of a brownish pinkish color. I didn't realize the true color until I had cataract surgery. Lol. I do like it tho.
    Carol- we just had two nights in low 30's which really hit my garden hard. Guess I will just cut things back to the ground. Thursday is suppose to be close to 90 >:)>:)
    Better get those steps.
    Suebdew in TX
  • Machka9
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Machka in Oz – I am with you – I want to stay daylight for the longest period of time, when I am awake. I don’t like Daylights Savings Time.

Lenora

Whereas, I love, love, love Daylight Savings Time.

I like to spend my evenings outside, and I much prefer if there is daylight. My husband and I will walk and cycle in the dark in the evenings, but walking and cycling in the daylight is so much better.

So I wish DST would last all year round. I don't know why they keep insisting on removing it for winter. Just makes no sense to me at all. And shortly after DST is gone in the autumn, I sink into a bit of a depression for a while ... it's just so sad to have darkness in the evenings. :(:(:(

Fortunately, we often travel to the northern hemisphere for several weeks during those dark DST-less days so we can enjoy DST and warmth and sunshine for a little while. :) Last winter, we went to Canada for a month in June and July ... absolutely wonderful! :)

I don't know what we're going to do in 2018.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited October 2017
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    Machka, good luck on the test. You have worked hard so I’m sure it will go well. You’ve got a busy week. Hope everything goes well.
    langman22 wrote: »
    Machka, well done on the steps!

Terry

Thanks!

I'm even slipping studying into my workday here, now. Fortunately my employers fully support my courses as they are directly applicable to what I do! But I'm listening to recommended YouTube videos about PL/SQL Cursors and Triggers. I just wish I could find one about Relational Algebra ... that goes right over my head.

And I have to get a few extra steps in today ... my boss decided to have a Halloween morning tea. He is very creative when it comes to baking, so of course there were decorated cupcakes and all. I've just come back from doing 14 flights (of 20 stairs each) to start burning some of that off.

Machka in Oz