WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2017

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Barbara, hope Scooter is better. That must have been quite the scare. Pets can't talk and it's up to us to figure it out.

Katla, my neurologist has me on a high dose Vit D3. Says it is good for restoring brain health

Charlie hasn't got any candy yet and says I have said no trick or treating for us. I have tried to tell him that I suggested it and he said no. If he doesn't buy any candy then it is his decision. We talked about what kind of candy we can get that I don't like but he does. Now he says that he needs to lose at least 20 pounds and he won't buy any candy. We live in a good wnighborhood and I doubt we have any trickery.

I do not like butter beans!

Joyce, Indiana
  • leanerstrongerhealthier
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Lenora- glad you are joining us! Let me know if you need any information.

Wendy- that's one thing nice about the workout is that you can modify it to fit for even that one day! The presses are harder and I go lighter as well!

@leanerstrongerhealthier I ordered mine online from WM and I bought 40 pounds, 45 pound, and a 50 pound at $120 for all three. That really was a good deal for that amount of weight. A good rule of thumb for purchase of any type of weight is they usually sell them for $1 a pound so the kettle bell that you are looking at are priced very fairly! You might want to check out though to see if they have a special price for the purchase of three at that weight amount. I know that I actually had to scroll down on the site before I came to the 3 for offer.

Hi Everyone ..Happy Halloween early!!

Thanks... Mary I am far from .. the higher weighed Kettlebells, but look at you.. WTG with that 40lber!!

leanerstrongerhealthier in AZ where it always gets chilly -just in time to take the kids out trick or treating!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,582 Member
    Options
    stats for the day

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.48min, 146mhr, 11.4amph. 1.4mi= 102c
    apple watch- 60c
    SPIN *new bike*- 40min, 71ar, 85aw, 145mhr, no gear gage, 9.2mi = 317c
    apple watch- 324c
    Floor exercises- 6.36min, 1 set of 10ea, reverse bicycles, leg lifts, pelvic lifts, crunches, sit-ups, on butt-knees to chest, 106mhr= 37c
    apple watch- 47c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.20min, 14amph, 128mhr, 1.4mi= 64c
    appple watch- 47c
    ride bike puy 2 sumn sta- 17min, 146mhr, 10.7amph, 3mi= 165c
    apple watch- 113c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.17min, 148mhr, 10.23min mi, .5mi= 61c
    apple watch- 53c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.43min, 10.07min mi, 143mhr, .4mi =62c
    apple watch- 56c
    ride dome 2 hm up Mst- 18.51min, 7.6amph, 145mhr,2.3mi = 177c
    apple watch- 138c

total cal 985
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,940 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Can't believe that November is just 36 hours away. November. I want to have my Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving but I'm way behind to get that done. With 19 people to buy for it gets crazy. All I have purchased so far is the books. I give books to every grandchild each year. It gets to be a challenge to remember what books have been given to which family so younger ones don't get the same thing their older sibling got years earlier.

Down in this part of the world, November is just 12 hours away. :) One step closer to summer!! :)

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did one segment of 10 Minute Yoga Fix DVD, held my plank for 2 min 54 sec (one sec longer), then the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Cardio Core DVD.

Our library has Overdrive, too. I just wish they had more selections. Now it's interesting. We have a library card in FL too so I went to use their Overdrive. In FL you only have access to the books that are in their county. In NC I have access to all books in NC. Well, that goes to show you how weird FL can be about some things. Like they have SunPass (used to be EPass). Most other states have EZPass and we thought for sure with so many people from the north going down there that they'd switch over to EZPass. Nope, they just changed the name from EPass to SunPass.

I did invite Pete's mother, father and grandmother to my house for Christmas Eve. Will they come? I doubt it. But to me the invitation was still extended. Part of me feels sad because I probably won't see much of her any more. Not that I saw much of her to begin with. But now I'll probably see even less of her. To me, his family is -- what's the word I'm looking for -- very blue collar. No offense meant to anyone. Like at the reception his father referred to the bathroom as the "pisser". His father was dancing VERY provocatively with one gal. I would be totally mortified if Vince ever did that. No one really danced, they just jumped around. Jess gave a really nice speech but when she started, so many people were talking, and they continued to talk during her speech. It was so nice that even Denise got up and gave Jess a big hug. Then, when Pete's brother went to give his speech (it was maybe 2 minutes long), you should have heard his family whooping and yelling. At the rehearsal dinner the only people who were nonsmokers were Jess, Colby, Vince, myself and Denise. You have no idea how many times people went outside at the rehearsal/wedding for a cigarette. I realize that giving up smoking is not easy to do. I think they see his grandmother as a sort of "matriarch" of the family. But she is really rude!!! Just hearing some of the things she was saying at the church "I'm always right". When I invited her to my house for christmas, all she said was "oh, I can't do that". No "thanks for the offer, but I can't come"

DJ - Vince has always said that if you are looking for Mars candy (Snickers, 3 musketeers, Milky Way, etc) the best place for the best price is WalMart. They are one of Mars' biggest buyers.

Karen in VA - Lisa will be about 3 hours away. But I'm sure we can meet somewhere in between I'm sure.

Don't know what it is, but I'm so tired and it seems to be taking so long for me to get back in the groove. Well, I'll get there.

Terry - how great you got more orders!

Welcome everyone new! Too many to mention

Exercised, went to Aldi, then to bowling. You know I was the only one there who wore a costume! I don't know if I'll do that again next year. No one else does it, makes me a bit sad. Then ceramics and mahjongg

Kim - (((HUG)))

janetr - enjoy your daughter

Happy Birthday to those having birthdays in the near future. Same for anniversaries.

Vince bought Halloween candy before we left. I'm OK as long as the bag isn't opened. I'm also keeping it in the bag from the store in my pantry (out of sight).

Denise called at 5:45 this morning. Vince had the phone turned off but I guess he could feel the vibration. Anyway, she asked where she was supposed to park at the airport. Hey, we haven't been there in over 10 years! But it is interesting that for these sorts of things she calls Vince, not Pete's parents.

Michele in NC
  • Machka9
    Options
    @exermom -- Michele ...

What were three highlights of the wedding for you? :)

BTW - in my office when a person returns from a holiday or event or something, instead of everyone going on and on about every little detail of our holidays, this is what our coworkers will ask ... 'Tell us about 3 highlights'. And you've got to be ready to list them with a very brief description ... something that would fit into about 1-2 minutes.

So on drives or flights home, I'm often thinking about what the three best things about the trip were. There may have been ups and downs along the way, but thinking about the best things is a great way to wrap up the trip.

That question gets asked about sports events we've attended or participated in, courses we've taken, and all sorts.

Machka in Oz
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    The job is taking a lot out of me, but for the first time in a long time I can honestly say I work with nice people!

October’s been all right to me. It did start out dismal with the humiliating swim experience but improved greatly. A new job, seven pounds weight loss (!) and I’m feeling good about the 5:2 fasting. Wearing size 12 for the first time in at least a year (prob two). I can’t complain.

Am very weary tho, the schedule change to my life with the job is a big adjustment- as is the daily walk to work. So I’ll say g’night all.

Cin Cin a tutti
    Rye
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    It has been a long time since I wrote on this discussion - although I have read it at times. Good to see some of the same olds from years ago; good to see so many new people. I always love the bravery of Barbie, who puts out her stats every month - very accountable. Looking forward to seeing what strength, support and sassiness there is to share......bmcq
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Michele – My mom would refer to anyone who called the restroom a “pisser” as uncouth/ and unmannered- actually knowing my Mom if he had said that in front of her she would have managed to put him in his place. If I ever called it that I would have gotten my mouth washed out with soap…

So it is cooling off in Ca finally, it was in the 90’s last week and just in the 70’s today, headed for rain and cooler weather the end of the week (50-60) much more fall like. Some years we get a very minor amount of color – green to yellow to brown.. this year we skipped the yellow. I lived in Vermont for the fall of 1980 and will always miss it in the fall, the colors were stunning..

I have candy to hand out, I got Baby Ruth – I do not like them so a good choice for me, and will pick up a few full size bars for some special kids tomorrow.

I’ve started writing my Christmas letter, as a kid my mom and dad wrote the letter each year – one page of rhyming couplets, I do it every so often in rhyme in memory of them working on it… I’m about ½ way through – it takes a bit to boil it down and then figure out rhyming couplets.

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Michele, glad to hear a little about the wedding. Yes, she and her family are a bit weird. Controlling but yet a little red neck. It's as if they are very insecure so they act like that so people may laugh or something.

Rita, your camp site is lovely. I love the mountain as a back drop. And your camper is just divine. Have toy given us an inside tour yet??? Can't remember,

Mascha, I may have asked befor so please excuse me but what is your major? And when domyoymgraduate and then what will be the next step.

Watched Damcimg with the stars. Big surprise at the end. Won't tell just in case some one here hasn't watched it yet. Their costume design department is very creative. Love it!

Might night, Joyce, Indiana
  • Machka9
    edited October 2017
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    I’ve started writing my Christmas letter, as a kid my mom and dad wrote the letter each year – one page of rhyming couplets, I do it every so often in rhyme in memory of them working on it… I’m about ½ way through – it takes a bit to boil it down and then figure out rhyming couplets.

My mother used to do something like that every year. She'd do rhyming couplets, acrostics, poems, and all sorts of different things. Something slightly different each year. She'd get them all printed up on coloured paper and everything.

But a few years ago, she started emailing most of them, rather than mailing out a stack of letters and cards ... and somehow I don't think she has done one for the last couple years.

When I was in my 20s I used to write a lot of letters, and always a Christmas letter, but by the time I turned 30, and got email, I quit doing that. And once Facebook came along, I rarely email anyone either because they can hear about my life all year round ... if they're interested.

In my circle, I'm one of the few who still sends out cards to my close family (parents, grandmother, brother & his family) and maybe one or two friends. A box of cards can last me several years! :) And I usually only receive about 3 cards. People just don't send letters or cards anymore.

Regarding gifts, I'll send a few token things to my close family (maybe something with an Australian or Tasmanian theme) ... and I try to arrange something nice for my nephew and nieces. But that's about it.

With my ex husband, Christmas used to be a huge, expensive hassle ... just the right gift for everyone! Months of shopping! Piles of baking for heaps of get togethers throughout December! All kinds of preparations!

Now, it's pretty quick and easy and quiet. :)

Machka in Oz
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    langman22 wrote: »
    Machka, good luck on the test. You have worked hard so I’m sure it will go well. You’ve got a busy week. Hope everything goes well.
    langman22 wrote: »
    Machka, well done on the steps!

Terry

Thanks!

I'm even slipping studying into my workday here, now. Fortunately my employers fully support my courses as they are directly applicable to what I do! But I'm listening to recommended YouTube videos about PL/SQL Cursors and Triggers. I just wish I could find one about Relational Algebra ... that goes right over my head.

And I have to get a few extra steps in today ... my boss decided to have a Halloween morning tea. He is very creative when it comes to baking, so of course there were decorated cupcakes and all. I've just come back from doing 14 flights (of 20 stairs each) to start burning some of that off.

Machka in Oz

I ended up walking 9.3 km + 24 flights of 20 stairs. :)

I logged everything, and stayed within my limit ... just!

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,733 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    slept well but had weird dreams...got up before 5 and hopped in the shower, I put a new showerhead on myself on Saterday and am pretty proud of myself... and threw a load of laundry in.. will go down and throw it in the dryer in a few..the last hr or so of sleep I was tossing and turning worrying over this vacation deal that I spoke with the office manager about they consider full time 35 hrs a week and we get paid bi weekly so one wek I work 37.5 hrs and the next I work 32 so it is 1/2 an hr from full time I have been with the dr since he started and they cut my hours when Obama care started, if they try cutting them again, as a single woman with no back up I will have to go job hunting and let me tell you at 57 it is going to be tough.. but I will speak to anyone involved that It would not be fair to cut hours and throw me under the bus, OM has her partner who has a very cushy job and the rest are all married with hubbies that make a pretty good pay..not fair that I get 1 week vacation and 4 hrs pay for a holiday, as a part timer I am not supposed to get any but they are throwing me a bone so to speak..ok enough of my B~ and moaning....
    Happy Halloween to everyone who celebrates
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,733 Member
    Options
    so excited for you Lisa... and Corey and Egg SAFE travels and keep us in the loop xoxoxo