skuehn48 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    :)
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    mepeiffer wrote: »
    <3 Started my Advocare cleanse today! 211 <3

I’ll be interested to see how this works for you. I’ve tried this several times, but always end up with extras of the vitamin packets because I can’t remember to take them.

I do enjoy Spark but I’ve pretty much abandoned the rest.

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Became, I would hunk that the grav yard talking would be something that you and your husband would like to participate in. I'm sure you would be very theatrical. Maybe add a little singing. Maybe so,er wailing would be more appropriate

Vicki, as long as you come back here you aren't a failure. I keep on trudging back here to gain encouragement and hopefully so,etching will click in my brain and get me back on track. Or it may be at I have to step up another size. Something will happen.

Penny, those are a young female prints??????mwhat does a large print look like! Wow!!!

Michele, glad the wedding is over and you survived.mit is quite nor,al to be sad. Your daughter just left the nest and you have voiced your concern that she may be in for a difficult road ahead. Let yourself feel that sadness while she is in her honeymoon phase so you can be up to help her.

I have found we get the Olympic channel on our DirectV and I have been enjoying hour after hour of figure skating. We usually get it on NBC and they a,ways show the free skate. They show the last group of skaters and sometimes part of the short program that got them into the final group. On the Olympic channel you get all of the short and long program. It helps to tell the story or how they get there. Plus I like to see the skaters that didn't make it into e last group. They will be the skaters that are winning in a couple of years. I am watching e Grand Prix Russia right now. I forgot to record the short programs of Skate Canada so I not have the free skate. Some of it is live but I try to record during the night so as not to take up DVR time. Wish my Mom was alive and could watch it with me, of course she would still want to see Michelle Kwan win.

Joyce, Indiana
  • 37jaspersmum
    37jaspersmum Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love this thread Barbie and friends ❤️
    Not joined a group yet. Can’t seem to work out the technology to do friend requests but would love to join you all and be motivated. Love the goal setting idea so going to do it now before I get out of bed. I know my problem is linked to age- hormones, loneliness/depression. Hubby works away a lot. Kids grown up & not here much. Need to exercise and meet up with my friends - no reason to be lonely or sad
    My goals for November.
    Record every mouthful.
    Plan every meal the night before - so decision fatigue does not set in.
    30 mins exercise 5 x a week minimum.
    10;000 steps + per day
    Yoga + mindfulness-Tuesday class
    Daily French practise
    Have fun every day.
    Talk to a friend or my sister every day.
    Link on MFP every day.
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hope you all had a great weekend.

I will post and respond tomorrow. My eyes are drooping.

-Sharon in Lethbridge where the wind is frigid.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,510 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Overslept, made it to new church but haven't tried first leg of walk yet.
    Nearest church very appealing, saw a familiar face, turned out we'd met at line dancing class two weeks ago. She introduced me to two others, we all clicked. The other two may join us at line dancing and we're all interested in water fitness/aqua Zumba. One even has experience teaching water aerobics.
    While shopping, Joe called "Come home, Scooter's sick!" Pooped, peed and puked in the house. Shivering, pacing, panting, occasionally drooling. Panicked, as I'd given him some expired Ivermectin this morning. Yelp reviews of both vets in town not encouraging, called the lesser of the two evils, got expected recording but no referral to nearest emergency clinic, not even option to leave a voicemail. Called the best reviewed in the next town (half an hour away) and got answering service who patched me through to the vet. He asked all the right questions, reassured me that the expired Rx wouldn't make Scooter sick, just wouldn't be effective, confirmed our "nothing but water by mouth for 24 hrs" approach and said if Scooter continued to vomit through the night to call the office as 08:00, tell them we'd spoken and they'd squeeze him in that morning. Oh thank goodness! Both Scooter and Tumble tend toward pancreatitis and we bad parents let them have some beef rib bones yesterday. Bad mama! Scooter is resting ok, no puke past 12 hrs, will call vet tomorrow am and make wellness appointments for both with great gratitude.
    Pickled beets, steamed artichokes and somehow it was 4pm, where does the time go? Too dark, damp, chilly and tired to try the walk or excavate the laundry mountain. Ate supper and snoozed.

allie "that says alot..." It sure does. You can take much satisfaction for providing Tal with a peaceful refuge.
    Kelly me too, used to listen to books on CD while driving but had to stop as I got too distracted.
    Heather "Pigs' cheeks"? :P
    Barbie your walk times are truly inspiring, but I'd be afraid to walk in the dark. We're in the country, there are bobcats, cougars, coyotes and even bears, but mostly I'm just afraid of falling. One of my least favorite things about ageing is this doggoned fear!
    Penny brava for finding the beauty in the dark season. The pic is truly lovely but are those giant polar bear tracks? "a slender young female"? Yikes! Daylight savings time at the poles? SMH ;)
    Pip love the pooches!
    Joyce, there are NEVER enough altos! ;}
    Becca thanks for explaining about the Talking Tombstones. Nearby pioneer graveyard has an annual cemetery play every October where locals tell the stories of some of the interred, missed it this year but will try for next.
    Michele Brava for acting how you want to feel. Understandable to feel sad ((hugs)).
    Lanette, love your ride!
    Rye what a sweet snoozy cat. Looks so huggable, is she?
    drkatiebug "because I can't remember to take" the vitamins. Here too. Set them out on the counter but they never seem to make it into the mouth.

Heartfelt congrats (and not a little envy) to Penny, Lenora and all who've moved that scale in the right direction. Lead on!

Scooter just came in and told me he's still not feeling well. Guess we'll take him in to be at the vets when they open and wait til they can see him. Then have a below-the-gum-cavity-cracked-crown repair scheduled for this afternoon. Please, all, keep good thoughts for our 13 year old boy.

Hugs,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD who is grateful to be feeling a little better every day.
    Rx aim log, cod liver oil and bp daily, yog/prob twice daily, 80% rule, line dance, Nov 4 reduce 2-300 cals daily from average.
    done: log=8, clo=7, yogx1=4

• Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I use cottage cheese in my morning smoothie (along with kefir, a quarter each of a banana, an apple and an avocado, and a big hunk of fresh ginger). It sure ups the protein! I'm not particularly fond of Scandinavian cottage cheese, which is rather dry. But I LOVE the creamy stuff you can buy in the US. Whenever I'm there I'll buy some just for the joy of eating it - as is.

Kim from N. California - You'd be more than welcome in Longyearbyen! Language is no problem because we're already so international that English can be used nearly everywhere. You could probably earn a living selling embroidered *stuff* to the heaps of tourists who come through every year (mostly when it's light). This isn't the best place for a master gardener, though, unless you team up with Ben from Ohio, who's trying to establish Permaculture up here. And I think you'd love our town's take on social responsibility. :flowerforyou:

Michele in NC - Glad you made it through the wedding. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's waiting to hear all about it, but take your time to land in your routines first. We can wait.m19067.gif

I've got a hectic week ahead of me. I'd bought a ticket to Stockholm for the next course, starting 6 Nov. But then this thing came up where the power company needs access to our place in mainland Norway to upgrade our electric meter to one that can be read remotely. And the chimney sweep there left a note that our chimney had to be bored out. Luckily, I arranged for both those events to take place on the same day, Wednesday. So I fly down tomorrow, up again on Thursday, then both Hubs and I fly way down to Stockholm on Friday for our grandson's birthday party on Saturday. I'll continue with another course in Stockholm the following week, and Hubs hops over to Oslo for a conference.

But I've got the first week's food all planned out! (@37jaspersmum - I find meal planning a great help! A chore, but a great help once it's done.) I've got butterbeans boiling right now for two lunches of butterbean salad, and the low-grade cut of beef I'll be using for tonight's Barbacoa beef is thawing on the kitchen counter.

Time to get back to my students. t1801.gif

/Penny, plodding on at the t07190.gif
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Morning all....

Kim
    - love to see you posting, makes my heart happy. I think you'd do well anywhere that wasn't California. I would struggle with the lack of light in Longyearbyen as well--I had a really hard time on the Oregon coast after three years with so little sunlight. It's one of the reasons we landed back in Texas.

Michele - didn't get to see my kid's weddings, we're kind of a furtive bunch, apparently. The flip side, of course, being that I didn't have to deal with the nuttiness that weddings always seem to produce. Proud of you for making it through.

My own wedding was on a heck of a budget. Literally ordered our rings from K-Mart and wore a tiara from Walmart, which suited my idea of irony to a "T." We're both still wearing our wedding rings nearly nine years later... but Corey's ring is out of round, and in fact looks like it's been through a dozen rounds--lost two of the three diamonds (they were practically invisible anyway). Mine's held up okay, considering I never take it off. Also made my own wedding cake--which turned out fine, but upped the stress levels enormously.

I love cottage cheese, but only the full fat--the 2% stuff squeaks in my teeth. I can eat the full fat straight out of the carton, nothing mixed in. When I do mix something in, it tends to be mandarin orange cups, minus the juice. Corey mixes it with Italian dressing and lots of pepper.

I am...in that space where time flexes and pulls, trying to think of everything and know I'll forget something. It always works out, but hard to tell from here. We pull out Thursday morning, as early as I can get him moving... Oklahoma to see my sis, Memphis Friday night, Asheville Saturday night, new home Sunday at noon. Three seven-hour days and a five-hour day.

Lisa - in West Texas for two more days after today... woot!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Lisa your next adventure is right around the corner! Congratulations on the big move.

Wet, windy weather and I've got a 2-hour delayed opening, I will take advantage and go to the gym first, then go to work. Have made yogurt with 1% milk, not as tasty as whole milk yogurt, but still a great source of protein and way fresher tasting and cheaper than mass-produced yogurt.

Looking forward to a positive, productive work week. NYKAREN
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,039 Member
    Options
    Busy week.

Today was ... work, running errands, getting the house ready for an inspection on Thursday, going for a walk to get my steps in ... and now studying for my final exam on Friday.

Each day this week will be much the same!

I'm tense about the exam because, during the course, this instructor has been notorious for pulling out the most obscure things ... things he alluded to at some point or just touched on briefly ... and putting them on the tests. So I've studied all the more obvious things, the things he talked about quite a bit, assuming they were important only to discover that very little of that appeared anywhere. So now I'm combing the notes wondering if this or that little obscure comment might be the important thing he has 3 questions about on the exam. <<sigh>>

Then next week ...

Monday: Dental extraction, and I've got to get them to take a look at a tooth on the other side where I lost part of a filling the other day. I suspect I'm grinding my teeth at night.

Tuesday: Cardiac Clinic. I've got my appointment at last!

And then I can finally rest a bit. :)

Machka in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    Up made my lunch, got Chester out for a walk and just having my tea.. will take him back over to Toms and take both out for a walk.. Homer has an eye infection and we have stuff for it, so we are doing what we need to but if not better by tomorrow will call the vet.. last year we almost lost him and spent a couple thousand to find out a whole bunch of nothing... and he bounced back.. this seems just the eye, but lethargic and his nose was warm yesterday so he is fighting something poor baby.
    I am taking deep breaths and will try and enjoy my time with my dad at the end of the week... I dont like long car rides and I will be doing all the driving.. wont tell him that until Weds night before we leave.. did make a Dr appt with his Dr because I never did hear back from him which kind of ticked me off... so we will be doing that a week from thursday will have to drop that bomb on him while we are driving.. his Dr likes to see him every 6 months and he hasnt seen him since April when I took him so.. back we go..
    I feel so much better when one of the dogs is here.. will see what my life throws at me over the next few years and I might possibly invest in a small rescue dog.. I Have a friend who has 4 lol still rainy and it was Windy as all get out last night.. we didnt lose power but alot of the towns around us did..
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! Down to 32 degrees here this AM. Too cold for GA in October.

Carol in GA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,039 Member
    Options
    Still in the Step Challenge and averaging 15462 steps a day. :)

We can use other sports as well as walking or running, so I do enter my cycling time, and it converts that to steps. I'm tending to walk a little over 11,000 steps a day, and then my cycling on the weekend adds the rest.

M in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :)Barbara, I live in a manufactured home 55+ park with private well paved roads and a light in front of every house. If the wild animals are out, Bessie knows it and refuses to walk so we go back to the house. Usually they are gone by 6 AM so we can walk after breakfast. I have a recumbent exercise bike in my living room facing the TV so if I couldn't walk, I'd ride the exercise bike endlessly and watch TV, or read, or listen to pod casts while riding. I learned early in the journey to seek every opportunity to be active.

:)Lisa, best wishes on your moving challenge. We have moved many times during our marriage and your stories bring back my memories of all that we went through. Staying in the moment was one of my best tools.

<3 Barbie
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Barbie - You just said it again: "Staying in the moment". I started meditating a week or so ago, largely inspired by your example. :heart: Over the last decade or so I've developed an ability to feel deeply grateful for whatever I've got in front of me (though I admit that's easier on a mountainside than during a tight transfer at an airport :lol:). But with the meditation, I'm hoping to get to a place in my mind that allows me to fall asleep more readily. So far, it's worked beyond my wildest expectations!
    /Penny, breathing slowly at the t07190.gif
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Gorgeous Gals! t1103.gif

Karen in Virginia
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Caught up on posts! On the hamster wheel of life as it is a Holiday "week". Actually just Halloween activities and foods today and tomorrow. But hectic and full of energetic toddlers. that's all I have time for. Be in touch later. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies,

Since today will be my last weigh in day for the month, I'll update my results for the month. Today's weight is up 1.2 lbs, but I'm not stressed about that. We ate out yesterday and had dinner at a neighbors, so I know my sodium is up. I didn't eat anywhere near enough to gain 1.2 lbs of fat, so it will come back off.

Exercise at least 4 times a week - Done, averaged 6 times a week
    Lose 8 lbs - Done
    Fit in my Halloween Costume - Done, it was even a little loose

I'm thinking about my November goals now. I know one will be to keep moving at least 4 times a week.

Okie in the TX Hill Country