• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hugs ladies! Its a grey rainy day here!
    Becca
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Pip, you have to tell us that story! He looks so regal. I can understand how any of your pups could win a contest.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Mary: Congratulations on the job offer. What grade level will you be teaching? Over my years of teaching I taught students from kindergarden through 8th grade. I had 8th grade social studies for several years as my last assignment & really learned to like those kids. The first year at middle school was a hazing—the principal didn't like me and I had the naughtiest kids in the 8th grade. The principal eventually came around and was fair and supportive. After that, things got better and I ended up loving 8th graders. :heart:
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Missing a lot of things today. Missing my sons, missing my parents, missing my nudist life. Sometimes its hard to find acceptance with things and move on.
    Becca
    Feeling wonky at the coast
    Of Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,744 Member
    Options
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    Pip, you have to tell us that story! He looks so regal. I can understand how any of your pups could win a contest.

Joyce, Indiana

will do when i get a chance. i was soo proud of him!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Katla- no job offer. You must have misread the post but I can very easily get my teaching license in Arizona. They really need science and math teachers. That is what I am licensed in.
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I'm so excited! I just found out that I can get certified as a teacher here in Arizona by simply getting a letter from my school district with years of employment. Maybe I will be the one working instead of my DH. They are really shorthanded on teachers here in Arizona. Their pay is really low. But, I know they must have medical insurance which we do not have it this time because of our situation with my DH's last employer.

<3

Mary from Arizona

That’s wonderful news! Good luck!
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Lisa, Love a good book and will certainly look for yours.

Becca, we all have wonky days when you feel so out of sorts. Tomorrow’s a new day. May it be a better one.

Terry
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Terry ~ I read Lisa's book and it was very good! I look forward to a sequel.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,831 Member
    Options
    well I am home ~
    going the movie in an hr or so.... in the movie theater, I will bring ear plugs as Icant litsten to loud noises in a confined space.. might even bring a blanket with me
    I literally walk out my door down my little hallway turn left and there I am lol not bad I could even bring a small bottle of wine but will think better of it...
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Mary – Our oldest granddaughter is a Biology major and will graduate from West Georgia in December. Actually all 3 of us have children/grandchildren who will be graduating in December. Taylor says her 8th grade science teacher made her fall ‘in love’ with science. She has no clue about what she wants to do. A lot will depend on where her boyfriend gets into PT school. If they stay in the North Georgia area she will probably apply to the CDC.

What did y’all do? Just pick up and move to Arizona? I remember you saying you had Lyme’s Disease, is this one of the reasons?

Yeah, I don’t have to cook and have guests for Thanksgiving Day! Jenn’s mother is going to come out and cook. I’ll cook a ham; but, probably will keep it here. I don’t know who all is going to be over there and I want the ham and hambone so I can make soup. Jenn’s sister takes home enough leftovers to feed 3 armies … if she is coming.

Now, I know that Will, Tami, and Mallory won’t be coming to visit, even though I asked. Will would be upset if someone said something to dredge up a matter they are just now getting over. So, I guess I will just gear up to wait until next August.

Lenora
  • coastalgosgal
    edited October 2017
    Options
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,744 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,898 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies: We have several varieties of slugs, Grove snails, garter snakes, rats and mice around our property. But now we were notified there is a cougar in the area in addition to the black bear and coyotes. A neighbor down the street opened his barn door the other morning and saw him. He ran away jumping a 5' fence in the process. Makes me a little nervous for our goats but there are tons of deer around so hopefully he sticks with venison. DD and I got hoof grid and gravel put down this week in front of the shelter for the horses. Hopefully this mitigates the mud problem to some degree. This weekend we need to finish up our work on a winter shelter for the goats. We have a good deal of it done but need to finish a little fencing and cleaning out the shed we are using. Then just a new light and insulating straw bales for a cozy corner for them to snuggle into.

Mary - Good news on getting your teaching certificate for AZ. Sometimes they make things like that so much work.

Beth - Hope things begin to settle down for you soon.

Allie - Congrats on getting settled in your new life.

Sharon - Sending you strength and peace.

KJ - Sounds like a wonderful beginning with your group.

Meg - Congratulations on the new grandbaby. Hang in there.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,000 Member
    Options
    <3