WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    Wizzywig/Viv ... I remember you and hope all is well!

Yvonne ... so sorry ... hugs

Beth near Buffalo
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    DrKatiebug a long time ago I tried a pancake recipe that had oat bran, egg whites and yoghurt. Yuk indeed! Definitely put it in the trash. Why would you eat calories that make you say YUK! Your omelet sounds like a much happier healthier alternative. ;)
    Michele Good luck! Does Amanda leave the peels on or add cornstarch, tapioca or other thickener? Thanks for the link, added it to my wish list for now, but if my balance further deteriorates... ;)
    Margaret, thank you for your wise words and the Guest House poem.
    Karen in S. Wales welcome! Join right in, you've been lurking too long.
    NYKaren S T R E T C H, great word/plan!
    Welcome back Viv, we missed you.
    Katla bless you for the care you're giving your pooch. So glad to hear he's improving so well.

Pg 71 bottom, time to feed the dogs.
    Hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    (((Yvonne))) Thinking of you and your family.

Betsy in NW Washington
  • auntiebk
    Options
    Barbie those are some great commandments, you obviously gave them lots of thought. I'd love to steal them all but believe that to really incorporate into my life I need to go through some kind of process to develop for myself. What steps did you take first? I do better starting small, contrary to my inclinations ;)
    Lanette starting veggies on heat mats, I'll try that!
    Penny "...then we dance Christmas out" Love it!
    pip Running toe socks? Wow! "Don't expect..." hahahahahahahaHAH!
    Allie good for your son and glad Alfie brings joy to your Dad. Sounds like he's decided to go for the surgery?

Pg 72 bottom, time to find those dumbbells.

Hugs to all,
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    yvonne so sorry for your loss. I hope the gathering of family provides some comfort

Katie if love your mind map and bullet journal process. I’m more of a legal pad journal girl. Always have been. For the past 10 years I’ve had a focused financial journal with the big WHY as well as granular plans and strategies to reach goals—buying our home, giving our DD a college education and now retirement plans. I do branch out from just the financial category and have tried a mindmap—inspired by you! Enlightening, some categories are
    much easier (financial and professional) to focus on others-not so much (personal and interpersonal).

So I will have to S T R E T C H myself towards 2018! NYKAREN
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Getting a bit reflective as the New Year Approaches.

I'd read a book by Karla MaLaren called Emotional Genius ( now our of print) years ago. She has a newer book called the Language of Emotions. It is an update of the previous book. She goes into quite a bit a detail and in an ideal world many of her ideas make sense. Being able to carry then out is another issue.

The big take away for me is that emotions are messengers. What ever the emotion is be it happiness, anger, sadness, joy they all have a place in your life and are to be honored. Anger often warns you a boundary is broken or threatened. Sadness is response to letting something go. Joy is something to be celebrated. Joy does need to be grounded otherwise it can be too overpowering.

My other take away is healthy emotions are like a healthy diet. Too much of any strong emotion can send me off balance. Listening to my emotions and using them as the tools they are meant is what I want to work on for the new year. The word Grace comes to mind as I reflect on this. I also like to reread the Guest House by Rumi:
    The Guest House
    This being human is a guest house.
    Every morning a new arrival.
    A joy, a depression, a meanness,
    some momentary awareness comes
    as an unexpected visitor.
    Welcome and entertain them all!
    Even if they are a crowd of sorrows,
    who violently sweep your house
    empty of its furniture,
    still, treat each guest honorably.
    He may be clearing you out
    for some new delight.
    The dark thought, the shame, the malice.
    meet them at the door laughing and invite them in.
    Be grateful for whatever comes.
    because each has been sent
    as a guide from beyond.

Pat posted advice of staying away from negative people. For me my goal is when I encounter someone who is being negative is to not let them throw me off balance. I have made this comment before. Some people gain a false sense of power when they know they get you upset. As I say to students do not let them have your power. The interesting thing about people like this either they will go away on their own because they know they cannot get to you or they want you in their lives because they do find it refreshing to find someone who can stand up to them. I call it a false sense because they are not gaining power from their own inner work, but by manipulating others.

Then there are the ones that radiate chaos wherever they go. They do not intentionally mean to disrupt your world but they do. I find when I encounter people like these. I purposely strengthen my boundaries. Just like the negative person sometimes I am able to maintain a relationship with this person sometimes not.

I have three words for 2018 GRACE, GROUNDED, KINDNESS

:heart: Margaret

Love this. Thanks for the poem & the comment.

Pat in Ohio

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,220 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hooray! My friend Ros has given me the number of her best, local friend, who is likely to hear pretty quickly if anything goes wrong. Plus she has started a WhatsApp group for her "Chemopals". I didn't have WhatsApp, but I've now downloaded it onto my phone and joined the group. But the group thing doesn't seem to be working and I can only see group posts on her site. Oh well, technology!!! :# At least I feel I have a contact now.

Just assembled the zucchini lasagna, but I put one sheet of pasta in it as well. :o Having it with sprouts. We will have the blinis, low fat creme fraiche and pretend caviar later in the evening. :D We are drinking our Christmas gift of excellent champagne from my son.

I've just bought the "5 second rule" game from Amazon. I bought the junior version as I think that is what we played, with the silly timer and "easy" questions. Not easy at all when you are laughing and had a few drinks! I hope we will have some guests for Burns Night on the 25th Jan and the whisky will make for much hilarity!!!

I continue to value all you wonderful women, who have enhanced my life sooooooo much. <3<3<3<3<3 Thank you Barbie for keeping us going. :D Together we have accomplished some great things.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
  • auntiebk
    Options
    Machka Timely, ah now there's the rub... thanks for the Year in Review just peeked at mine and was NOT impressed. Oh well, it's a baseline.
    Sharon "... enjoy that kid. I am a little particular about how my Mom's ornaments are stored. "Hey, Grandma. I've been doing this since I was born. You don't have to worry" and how many Christmases would that be? He sounds like a very bright light :) Could he be the son of Mr Ungrateful? "...lost control and hit someone's car" Hope no injuries. The weather you're having. Ugh!
    Lisa wise words to Sharon, every one.
    Pat your GD cracked me up :)
    Barbie so sorry to hear of Sue Grafton's death. Really enjoyed her mysteries.

Pg 74 bottom, off to church.

Hugs to all,
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :/