JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Recap M 1/8
    1) Hit snooze button too many times (see #5 Sun.) but walked 3 miles on treadmill before work / 51:06 :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 15,090 steps, steps 250+ 14/14 (love that boom!) hours & 41 floors :smiley:
    3) Leftovers for lunch & supper / net calories green / lots & lots of water (flush that sodium) = Net calories & sodium green, sugar red (leftover Christmas goodies, still w/i cal limits) & 15c water :smiley:
    4) Evening: call mom & dad, do laundry, at least 2 things on to-do list = Nice visit with folks & will see them Sunday :smiley: / 3 loads laundry (hubby even folded towels still in dryer when he got home from work & I was sleeping <3 ) :smiley: / 3 items checked off :smiley:
    5) Floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 = Done :smiley: / Done :smiley: / 10:20 is close enough :D

JFT T 1/8
    1) Still hit snooze button 3x but walked 3 miles on treadmill before work / 51:53 :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Leftovers for lunch, maybe supper too? & net calories green
    4) Evening: shop online for hubby's bday & 1-2 things on to-do list
    5) Floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (plan treadmill in a.m. w/o snooze button : :D )

@OConnell5483 I've never been a morning person, neither is hubby, and it was hard to get up for walks before work when I started. Going to bed on time in dark, quiet room is key for me, and VERY important for me to be unplugged from computer & phone at least one hour before (TV is ok for me). I drop off to sleep w/i minutes, I think b/c I'm so tired from getting up early. Fortunately for me, hubby can sleep right through my alarm. Now early walks (treadmill or dog) are (mostly) habit that I don't want to break b/c then I'd have to start all over again, and that would be worse.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 , my fitbit used to have a vibrating alarm that would wake me up pretty well.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    @cschmitz110515 , my fitbit used to have a vibrating alarm that would wake me up pretty well.

That would work if I wore my Fitbit at night. :D Which I don't: all jewelry, watch, etc. has to be off at bedtime, actually as soon as I'm home for the evening usually. I'm just funny that way. :#
  • missheidi
    Options

That would work if I wore my Fitbit at night. :D Which I don't: all jewelry, watch, etc. has to be off at bedtime, actually as soon as I'm home for the evening usually. I'm just funny that way. :#

lots of people are like that. I can't wear my watch at night because i break out in a couple days. but if I take my rings off, i worry that i will lose them.
  • missheidi
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    ▪Run by bank and pick up dog food

Note to self: No excuses today, READ ONE RESEARCH ARTICLE!! It's time to get myself back into "the swing" of things, Lol :lol:

I must be in a silly mood today. When I read your list, I laughed and thought, her bank has dog food! :D

You've done this before, you can do this!

the grocery store has dog food and a bank...
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Note to self: No excuses today, READ ONE RESEARCH ARTICLE!! It's time to get myself back into "the swing" of things, Lol :lol:

I must be in a silly mood today. When I read your list, I laughed and thought, her bank has dog food! :D

Hahahaha :joy: It does kinda read that way!!
    (I edited it.)

By the way, great job on kickin butt yesterday!! I'm glad your back is better and you are back at it. :smile:
  • MLHC1
    Options

the grocery store has dog food and a bank...

Lol!! My bank is not in a store though so it was kinda silly :joy: I edited it, Lol. I get the best price on my dog food at Wal-Mart. If I don't put it on the list, I'll forget until I need to feed my dog then my heart breaks bc I forgot. It must be "pregnancy brain," bc I forget everything now. Just like yesterday, I completely forgot about calling my doctor.
  • MLHC1
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    My partner went shopping today.. we usually go together but with Saskia having the pox he went himself.

When he walked back through the door he announced that he’s bought nothing but healthy stuff (he was serious. He didn’t even buy chocolate for himself and he’s a massive chocoholic!!)
    And he said when all the crisps and biscuits are gone they’re gone.

He said we need a health kick and we ALL need to eat healthier, including the kids! And my god he did a good shop! Even down to the bread! He didn’t buy white bread he bought wholemeal and 50/50 for the girls.

At first I panicked because of being pregnant and I have literally ate nothing but rubbish but tbh it’s a good thing! Especially for me. I need to eat healthier. The kids need to and it’s only going to do us all some good! Saviourinf these biscuits now hahaha

That's wonderful!!!! Good job on your hubby's part, Lol! Mine is quite the opposite. If he goes shopping, we'll be lucky to have ingredients to make a real dinner :joy: The ironic thing is he always spends more $$ than me and I can get meals and snacks. So he fired himself from grocery shopping a few years ago. He'll pick up a few items on his way home sometimes but that is it.

My pregnancy "hang-up" is 1% chocolate milk! I drink about half a gallon a week! :blush: It's not a calcium thing either bc I drink almond milk every morning, eat yogurt daily, have cheese daily and take my prenatal regularly. I figure my little guy just wants chocolate milk :joy:
  • littlemegzz
    littlemegzz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I seem to be sick atm. So completely blew off my goal yesterday. Will try to get back on top of things today.

Goal - no refined carbs unless tummy is off and im struggling to eat. If so, 1x toast and try and eat normally again later.