Today I Learned...

Options

Replies

• MiaisMIAinMiami
    MiaisMIAinMiami Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    TIL a man by the name of Ed Lowe invented cat litter in 1947, with the intention of replacing the straw chicken farmers used. Turns out, chicken farmers weren't too keen on the idea. A neighbor came to Lowe for some sand, as hers had frozen and she wanted to keep her cat inside since it was cold. Lowe didn't have any sand, but he had this clay mixture. The neighbor tried it for her cat and loved it. And that's how kitty litter came to be.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    TIL a party boat carrying sixty men and women once capsized in Texas after all the passengers rushed to one side as the boat passed a nude beach.

pkyfxy8u2cos.jpg
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    TIL there is a large chain of Canadian convenience stores called Couche Tard – I have to apologize in advance to my Canadian friends, but to Americans this is absolutely hilarious. I think I'm going to start calling people Couche Tards, And I’d totally wear this on a t-shirt.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL that Chris Tucker Confirmed 'Rush Hour 4' is happening!
  • cee134
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    TIL that Chris Tucker Confirmed 'Rush Hour 4' is happening!

I don't understand the words coming out of your mouth

Last year, while visiting The Cruz Show, Jackie Chan confirmed that the movie ‘Rush Hour 4’ is in the works, but today we get confirmation from Chan’s co-star Chris Tucker confirming the production of the fourth installment in the popular franchise.

ea8ztepsblk2.png
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL the early modern Olympics used to feature an art competition, with sections dedicated to literature, graphic art, music and more. The Amsterdam Olympic stadium is actually a gold medal winner for architecture.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dont buy the grey leggings!
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL a writer by the name of “Lisa Holst” created an article in 1993 that “around 8 spiders crawl into your mouth every year whilst you sleep”, but the whole thing was made up to prove that the internet was gullible and doesn’t fact check its sources.
  • cee134
    Options

:D I thought the same thing today as well.

Why?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options

:D I thought the same thing today as well.

Why?

somewhere a couple days ago there was discussion about grey leggins, and how if you actually work out in them all your crotch sweat stains are obvious, and if you wear them to the gym and things don't get awkward you obviously aint working hard enough.

I think Sir Bacon enlightened all of us, but it was a couple days ago, so I can't remember
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    TIL a writer by the name of “Lisa Holst” created an article in 1993 that “around 8 spiders crawl into your mouth every year whilst you sleep”, but the whole thing was made up to prove that the internet was gullible and doesn’t fact check its sources.

If it's on the internet then it HAS to be true.
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    TIL that I can manage on 3 hours of sleep.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    TIL that we are getting 125% of our annual bonus this year

I would woohoo this but then I am afraid you would get all upset that someone "woo"ed you and so on a what not
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL that we are getting 125% of our annual bonus this year

I would woohoo this but then I am afraid you would get all upset that someone "woo"ed you and so on a what not

I have a solution for this now:

This meme will work for situations where one is woo'd and feels it is unjustified.

9w9nlcdyy4h9.jpg

@TeacupsAndToning