Today I Learned...

Options

Replies

• orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    2 things:
    Slim fit dress pants and my big calves aren't compatible.
    I have to work this weekend. It wasn't on my calendar. I really could have used this weekend off mentally. *kitten* me.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    The food we obsess about doesn’t taste even half as good as it does in our minds
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    About roller pigeons
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    What's a roller pigeon?
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    What's a roller pigeon?

https://youtu.be/k7LtUEpb6OA
    Most of the time they keep flying but sometimes they don't and crash to the ground killing themselves.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    TIL Loneliness has a greater chance of causing premature death than obesity.
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    TIL how to fix something when someone else drops the ball. God forbid that person should have to fix it, though. :neutral:
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL my favorite color in the alphabet dictionary is a triangular obi-wan-kanobi who likes the color square on a scale of Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme to 16.25, plus 2 yodas.
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    TIL George Pullman pissed a lot of people off before he died so he was buried under concrete and steel.
  • cee134
    Options
    Iscah13 wrote: »
    TIL George Pullman pissed a lot of people off before he died so he was buried under concrete and steel.

TIL who George Pullman was and agree he should of been buried under concrete.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL that The Beatles wanted to make a Lord Of The Rings movie before Peter Jackson did, however Tolkien refused to let them.
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    TIL the Von Trapp dad died in Vermont.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL that in 2006, a young couple lost for three nights in the San Jacinto mountains was rescued in part by a signal fire started from matches found in the abandoned camp of a lost hiker who vanished exactly one year before their predicament.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    TIL Many believe the X symbol became synonymous with the kiss in medieval times. People who couldn't write their names signed in front of a witness with an X. The X was then kissed to show their sincerity.
  • pudgy1977
    Options
    TIL In the Middle Ages, young men and women drew names from a bowl to see who would be their Valentine. They would wear this name pinned onto their sleeves for one week for everyone to see. This was the origin of the expression "to wear your heart on your sleeve."
  • empresssue
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    TIL In the Middle Ages, young men and women drew names from a bowl to see who would be their Valentine. They would wear this name pinned onto their sleeves for one week for everyone to see. This was the origin of the expression "to wear your heart on your sleeve."

Can we choose who's names go in the bowl?????
  • pudgy1977
    Options
    empresssue wrote: »

Only if you promise to choose mine :*:*
  • empresssue
    Options
    empresssue wrote: »

Only if you promise to choose mine :*:*

You got it!!!!!