What type of milk do you drink?

Options
12346»

Replies

• DiamondDiva914
    DiamondDiva914 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Vanilla almond milk....but only on my cereal.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I drink soy and almond milk.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I can't really stomach milk as a beverage all by itself... I drink either skim (with coffee) or soy (with chai) at Starbucks. I buy organic 2% or skim for cooking and organic lowfat chocolate milk for my underweight 14-year-old.
  • Shanize94
    Options
    Don't drink milk but if I have to use it in anything I have skimmed milk :)
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Chocolate
  • Feistycat
    Feistycat Posts: 12,868 Member
    Options
    A few years I switched to Horizon Organic fat free milk. It stays fresh so much longer and tastes better, too, IMO. I used to buy regular (not organic) non-fat milk, and it was stinky within a week.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I consume foods made from the milk from other mammals and I'm happy with that because I have the lactase persistence gene :p -yay

I don't drink actual milk (I don't like the taste) but I eat all kinds of dairy products including both full fat and low fat (depends on what product it is and whether I'm consuming it for the taste or to bump up my protein levels)
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    LOVE MILK. I usually drink 2% otherwise whole. Really good with protein shakes, in coffee, cereal, and to drink with dinner or to dunk COOKIES. It's got what you need! Protein, fat & deliciousness. <3
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have recently changed from semi-skimmed cow's milk to almond milk (sweetened) and I'm loving it in my tea! Also felt kind of weird drinking milk from another animal and after a recent story I read, it made me change to almond milk.

1% and I'll continue to drink it until A DOCTOR tells me not to.

Never told you not to drink it. Drink what you want.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    I would say, please do not drink soy milk as it can increase the chance of breast and prostate cancer.

That's because you believe whatever fool thing you read on the internet.

Also, people are flagging because MFP removed the Ignore feature, which was the most important, useful feature of the forums, and the only way to avoid that trolls & useless commenters that make up 30% of the users here.

Nope, I don't. I take things with a pinch of salt. I am a hypochondriac, but I still do research from multiple sources. That was only link I provided, although there are videos on youtube about it also as well as more info doing a google search. I'm not a troll, if you consider someone who is interested in other people and what milk they drink trolling, then that's pretty sad really. You're a troll mate. And I don't gaf if people are flagging A POST ABOUT MILK. Says a lot. They need to get out and live life and stop being so damn butthurt. My post is popular for once and I'm pretty damn happy. Oh btw, you're only helping it become more popular by posting on it. Imbecile.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Skim only.
  • NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Not a big milk drinker on its own, but I've switched to unsweetened almond milk and hazelnut milk since finding out I'm lactose intolerant. I like the coconut milk too. It really depends on what I'm mixing it with as to which one I go for, but I usually have all three in the fridge lol!
  • tsardinea
    tsardinea Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well I've been a soy milk drinker for years and just found out today that due to all the processing involved it's not the healthiest choice. So I just bought my first half gallon of coconut milk. I typically don't drink milk in anything but my smoothies and chia tea lattes so I hope it's not too different.
  • LilyOfTheValley008
    LilyOfTheValley008 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk but skim milk when I buy coffee out. I wish almond milk would become available at coffee shops! Can't really acquire the taste for soy
  • dmegk5
    dmegk5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    skim milk, I've had vanilla soy and I didn't really like the taste. I've thought about trying almond, that is what my sister drinks, but I'm hesitant since I didn't like soy. I also thought about nixing milk altogether but it has calcium in it and I don't really ingest much calcium as is.
  • yogaveg
    yogaveg Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    so much debate on the soy milk! i like unsweetened almond and soy milk and occasionally i'll have sweetened almond milk fortified with protein. i like the taste of unsweetened almond milk but hate that there's no protein in it!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Anything but soy milk because soy is the devil.