Freelee the Banana Girl...SMH

Options

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    ksy1969 wrote: »
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    I am not trying to make it political or religious, just saying that she is extreme and making comparisons of her extremities that people would understand.

Referencing those groups as part of your "extreme" comparison is inappropriate and unnecessary.
    I think the analogy is apt. She's extreme and fanatical. A perfect zealot. It would be hard to find a better comparison.

But seriously...can we not.
    We're talking about a woman who eats fruit. Not a hate group or extremist group.
    Politics and religion is absolutely inappropriate for this conversation.

The reference that is being made has nothing to do with the eating fruit. If you can't get that then you are missing the whole point of this thread. She can eat what ever she wants, just like people can believe what ever they want (religion, politics), but once you start trying to shove it down other peoples "throats", you become a zealot. Especially how fanatical her and her boyfriend are about it. They have no science based evidence, just their beliefs (hmm, there is that word belief, something seen a lot in religion and politics).

Sadly, there are a lot of young women and men that are uneducated, or unwilling to research for themselves, and they fall for her garbage. So much so that she gets national media attention with some health magazines which gives her a bigger "pedestal" to spout her nonsense.

I am not missing the point.

I do not condone what she does. But I dislike that religion and politics was dragged into this conversation.

Then perhaps you should consider dragging yourself out of this thread. No community guidelines were violated here, and I think an interesting and valid parallel was drawn here with regards to extremism.

And I can respectfully disagree with that fact.
    Goodbye.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I am not trying to make it political or religious, just saying that she is extreme and making comparisons of her extremities that people would understand.

Referencing those groups as part of your "extreme" comparison is inappropriate and unnecessary.
    I think the analogy is apt. She's extreme and fanatical. A perfect zealot. It would be hard to find a better comparison.

We're talking about a woman who eats fruit. Not a hate group or extremist group.

Disagree. It's not inappropriate at all. She is a zealot, in every definition of the term. She is hateful (calling everyone who doesn't agree with you "fat" and "stupid" and "wrong" is extremely hateful and intolerant.) She is extreme, promoting something that most people couldn't possibly sustain long-term, with probable albeit unforeseen future health problems. I can't see how that's so very different from any other group that does the same thing, be they religious or political, or whatever else.

I'm done repeating myself, and I won't be entertaining your argument.

i.e.: "I am incapable of framing a concise and educated rebuttal, so I'm just gonna ignore everyone who disagrees with me." Okie dokie.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Let's just not lose sight of the fact that all vegans are extremists.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Disagree. It's not inappropriate at all. She is a zealot, in every definition of the term. She is hateful (calling everyone who doesn't agree with you "fat" and "stupid" and "wrong" is extremely hateful and intolerant.) She is extreme, promoting something that most people couldn't possibly sustain long-term, with probable albeit unforeseen future health problems. I can't see how that's so very different from any other group that does the same thing, be they religious or political, or whatever else.

45204308.jpg
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

I'm done repeating myself, and I won't be entertaining your argument.

i.e.: "I am incapable of framing a concise and educated rebuttal, so I'm just gonna ignore everyone who disagrees with me." Okie dokie.

As I stated, I am not rehashing my point over and over again.
    So I'll let you "win" this one, and have the last word. Feel free to respond however you see fit, as I am no longer posting responses to you in this thread.

Have a nice day.
  • dbmata
    Options
    someone just took their ball and went home.
  • dbmata
    Options
    angry-kangaroo.gif
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    What the hell happened to this thread while I was gone?
  • dbmata
    Options

someone got all estremist and started comparing another extremist to ISIS, and anti-zealotry ensued.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options

NO idea-I was here this morning and since then there have been like 30 posts.
    And yes, FreeLee is still bananas...AHAHAHAHA! See what I did there?
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I'm usually the 1st to disagree with vegans but I think thefatveganchef is onto something here.
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The only place I've ever heard of Freelee is on MFP. And I think her "diet" is moronic.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Anyone else entertained by the irony of the only person making an issue of the extremist comparison (by specifically pointing it out and then arguing about it) being the person who doesn't want to make an issue of the extremist comparison?
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    "People have been known to eat each other so another animal spiced, sauced, salted, crumbed, fried, sauteed, steamed, boiled, poached, baked, grilled is not a stretch at all."

Seems legit.
  • dbmata
    Options
    techgal128 wrote: »
    "People have been known to eat each other so another animal spiced, sauced, salted, crumbed, fried, sauteed, steamed, boiled, poached, baked, grilled is not a stretch at all."

Seems legit.

I routinely eat others.
  • WahachankaKicin
    Options
    I guess no one has anything better to do with their time except to be judgmental of others, what a great way to spend your time weeee!!....Wait now what did we accomplish here??
  • dbmata
    Options
    I guess no one has anything better to do with their time except to be judgmental of others, what a great way to spend your time weeee!!....Wait now what did we accomplish here??

We succeeded in empowering you to test out your online chiding skills.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    techgal128 wrote: »

Seems legit.

I routinely eat others.

I only eat free range cage free humans.

• veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I do not think it's funny to joke about cannibalism after the season premiere of walking dead.

now go eat your bananas.