What foods should I stop eating?

Options
If I was to cut a food completely out of my diet, what should it be? I.e chocolate, chips, energy drinks, ect.

Replies

• mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    DONT jump in like that!Its not about cutting out foods. Its a change that you must make in order for it to be sustainable! No diets! CHANGE..and portion control. :)
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    None.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Foods you're allergic too. Otherwise, nothing.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Junk food and soft drinks are no good period. Doesn't matter if you wanna be healthy or not. you can completely cut those out and be missing absolutely nothing, i did. I was a junk food addict and went completely cold turkey subbing in healthy lean options instead, it's not hard to do just takes will power.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of energy drinks & ice cream. Give me all your ice cream. Wait and peanut butter, I'll eat that too....if you're tired of chocolates I'll take those as well.
  • LolBroScience
    edited October 2014
    Options
    edit - not even worth it.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    None.
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Anything you don't find appetizing anymore. ;) Or anything you develop an allergy to.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    You should eliminate foods you are allergic to or don't like. Avoiding foods that are past their expiration date is also a good idea.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    ... it's not hard to do just takes will power.
    Thinking ... reading it backwards ... nope, still does not make sense. If will power was not hard, then no one including the author would be on this site.

I call dibs on the potato chips.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I haven't made any foods off limits. But I try to stay within my calorie goal which for me means smaller portions or not as often as I used to eat certain high calorie foods.
  • BuildaBetterBody4
    Options
    Soda first then all the processed junk and added sugar.
  • raysputin
    raysputin Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I know I will attract a lot of flak but here goes. Drop caffeine, "energy" drinks (guarana and the like), sulphites, high salt foods, fructose, trans fats, alcohol. Concentrate on foods with fibre, protein and complex carbohydrates. Record ALL you eat and adjust what you eat for best results.

Reassess when you get to your desired weight.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    As others have vocalized, nothing. All about moderation and portion control. Telling yourself that you CANNOT have something will make you want it more and you won't be happy.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    Soda first then all the processed junk and added sugar.
    raysputin wrote: »
    I know I will attract a lot of flak but here goes. Drop caffeine, "energy" drinks (guarana and the like), sulphites, high salt foods, fructose, trans fats, alcohol. Concentrate on foods with fibre, protein and complex carbohydrates. Record ALL you eat and adjust what you eat for best results.

Reassess when you get to your desired weight.

What do you guys eat on your birthday? A cake made out of cauliflower?
  • laciemn
    laciemn Posts: 77 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I wouldn't say never, but not on a regular basis, or not more than a little, these foods usually don't seem worth the calories

Edit: I forgot the biggest one of all!

ALCOHOL
    Lattes, mochas, all that stuff
    Soda
    Juice
    Chocolate Milk
    Deep fried food
    Cookies
    Waffle / Pancakes / Cake / Pie
    Pasta
    Chips
    Crackers
    Doughnuts
    Candy bars
    Candy in general
    Extremely fatty meat (high % fat hamburger, sausage, pork ribs, etc)
    Heavy sauces with cream, butter, or mayo based (dressing also)

Some things that are better, but similar when craving snacks

Luigi's Italian ice (90)
    Slow churned low calorie ice cream (220 per cup)
    Honey graham crackers (130 for 2)
    Rice crackers (105 cals for 16)
    Animal crackers (140 for 20)
    Yogurt with sugar free pudding mix (tastes kind of like dessert) (150)
    Fun size candy bars (70-80)

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    *sits down with a beer*

What are we talking about?

If I've learned anything in the last few weeks it's that you eat what you want. There are things I don't consume out of personal preference, and that's fine. I've not given up beer, doughnuts, Buffalo Wild Wings, pizza, cheese ... nothing. I'm just more aware of how much I'm consuming of everything because of my food logging.
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I gave up a bunch of fast food items. Not because they are bad or evil, but because it turns out I don't like them enough to fit them into my calories. My Sonic shakes and tots have stuck around though.