Options
    Only the ones you are allergic to.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Navtendon wrote: »
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    So let me get this straight Navtendon.
    You are a 48 year old "jacked" female medical doctor (not a naturopath) with a lively current practice who eats 4000 kcals per day and thinks wheat is "crap", ie. touts the paleo style of diet?

After reading my previous post about protecting privacy, do you honestly think I'm female or that I'm 48?

But yes, the rest of your sentence is correct.

I actually don't care so much about supporting paleo as I do about getting rid of junk in diets. I just happen to be paleo/primal and was using myself as an example of calories in calories out not telling the whole story.

So you lie about your sex & age (yes for privacy) you create multiple accounts on here so you can hide... yea that's who I want advice from

• thephysiquemechanic
    Options
    Lmao, arguing with paleo primal clean eating guru fear mongers is like banging your head against a wall, in the end they always give you a headache with there foolish beliefs and non-sense.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    Someone tag me if we get any actual science in this thread.

Exhibit B. Sorry. Buddy beat you to it.

Actually, I haven't seen you post any links to actual science. Nor am I male, which I would expect a physician to be able to discern.

But since you opened the door by stating that you are a medical doctor and have been giving advice to people in that capacity, please provide us with information so we can verify your credentials.

By Buddy I meant the guy who was exhibit A. He beat you to that coveted title.

Opened what door? The door that actually cares whether you think I'm a medical doctor or not? Let me think about that one......... no.

Ok, so you're not a doctor, either. Because a real medical doctor would actually adhere to ethics and happily provide credentials when asked, based on my anecdotal experience of dealing with real doctors, of course.

• Navtendon
    Navtendon Posts: 168
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    People come up to ME in person all the time and say, what the hell, you have lost all that weight and are jacked!!! in a matter of months!! and you keep maintaining it!!! HOW DO YOU DO IT????

Elaborate. How much fat did you lose? How much muscle did you gain? What does your training look like? How did you measure your progress? The only info you have shared is
    4000+ calories per day... which I still don't believe.

Ok. I can answer some of that, but probably not to your satisfaction as there is no quantification.

My BMI was 32 a few years ago. I did mostly cardio. on machines. A bit of weights here and there, mostly muscle isolation.

My BMI now is about 22. I alternate between Mark Sisson type exercise and Body by Science type exercise. Both are minimalistic by comparison.

From a few years ago until now, my entire wardrobe is new, which is one of the biggest measures. Jeans size 36 to a 30. A decent estimation of fat loss. How much muscle did I gain? much harder to estimate. I definitely have good muscle mass, but not like a lot of you on the forum. Also I wasn't puny to begin with. I just focus on good glycogen depletion from a health standpoint.

I monitored my progress by the amount I had to spend to get new clothes. If you don't believe my calorie count. ok. I'm somehow ok with that.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    You are a 48 year old "jacked" female medical doctor (not a naturopath) with a lively current practice who eats 4000 kcals per day and thinks wheat is "crap", ie. touts the paleo style of diet?

After reading my previous post about protecting privacy, do you honestly think I'm female or that I'm 48?

I actually don't care so much about supporting paleo as I do about getting rid of junk in diets. I just happen to be paleo/primal and was using myself as an example of calories in calories out not telling the whole story.
    Ya, I'm going to go ahead and discount anything you have to say since you don't back up any claims nor present any scientific evidence. If I had to guess, you're a Wheat Belly or Sisson advocate, and possibly a naturopath. I'm just going to have to guess though...
  • Navtendon
    Options

Actually, I haven't seen you post any links to actual science. Nor am I male, which I would expect a physician to be able to discern.

But since you opened the door by stating that you are a medical doctor and have been giving advice to people in that capacity, please provide us with information so we can verify your credentials.

Opened what door? The door that actually cares whether you think I'm a medical doctor or not? Let me think about that one......... no.

Ok, so you're not a doctor, either. Because a real medical doctor would actually adhere to ethics and happily provide credentials when asked, based on my anecdotal experience of dealing with real doctors, of course.

Again. Care factor? zero.
  • Navtendon
    edited October 2014
    Options
    booostin wrote: »
    Lmao, arguing with paleo primal clean eating guru fear mongers is like banging your head against a wall, in the end they always give you a headache with there foolish beliefs and non-sense.

heard it all before, but the most disturbing word was "fear mongers". That says it all.
  • Navtendon
    Options
    jwhited71 wrote: »

So you lie about your sex & age (yes for privacy) you create multiple accounts on here so you can hide... yea that's who I want advice from

Sounds good. Where do we start?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Guess you lie about leaving too

• Navtendon
    Options

Ya, I'm going to go ahead and discount anything you have to say since you don't back up any claims nor present any scientific evidence. If I had to guess, you're a Wheat Belly or Sisson advocate, and possibly a naturopath. I'm just going to have to guess though...

wheat belly? check. let me guess, wheat is wonderful for you!
    Sisson? check. you just had to read a few posts back.
    Naturopath? wow. it's that unbelievable that a real doc would advocate for real food?
  • kgeyser
    Options

That's fine. Everyone on the site has now seen you admit to lying on your profile, having had multiple profiles which you've also lied about, and falsely claiming to be a doctor. By publicly discrediting yourself, you discredit your message, not that there even was much of a message.
  • Navtendon
    Options
    I'll take "pics or it didn't happen" for $200, Alex.

Oh. I guess it didn't happen. False alarm. OK everybody go back to burying your heads in the sand.

Admitting the truth is the first step, you're on your way!

I'm actually a closet obese blogger with several athersclerotic risk factors and several chronic autoimmune diseases who never comes out of my basement and loves to eat all sorts of junk food in moderation within my daily calorie limits because I can't stand the thought of anyone telling me that I have to restrict something because this is America and we have the right to everything they put on a grocery store shelf regardless if it goes against all common sense.

Ah. I'm letting it all out now. Thanks kgeyser! So liberating!!!!

Well this I could almost believe baby steps you're getting there

Of course it's believable. I just blended in with this forum. Just like putting on army camouflage.

No you still haven't blended because those that have been successful can back up their claims and offer realistic advice. Hell you're about my age I would love to hear how I could eat 4000 calories a day and reach my goals share this wisdom with us common folk

Ok. I just replied on a long post to someone else so there may be something helpful there for you. Dunno if that helps.

My advise doesn't sound realistic because it's virtually the opposite of what is preached on this forum.

And I certainly am not saying that people on this forum don't have results. Some people have unbelievably astounding weight loss results and have more muscle than a whole village.

I'm approaching things from a health standpoint with weight loss and muscle mass as a nice side effect.

I don't need to back up my claims - I didn't invent the paleo/primal diet or lifestyle. They are not my claims. If it doesn't grab you when you read about it, then it just won't grab you.

I read your long post, and no not really helpful at all. What's the opposite? only that most say after your nutritional needs are met enjoy you ice cream and cookies? Maybe if you lost your elitist attitude and actually looked at the people you are arguing with (all of them have open diaries and pictures) and you will see lean proteins, veggies, fruits, and all kinds of other things.

Now I find this very funny you say you do this from a health standpoint, well that's why I started this 22 months ago. 14 prescriptions, getting ready to be put on 24/7 oxygen, couldn't do 30 seconds of a 6 minute pulmonary function test. Now I can bike 50+ miles a day, I can run 6 miles oh and down to 4 prescriptions. All of that was achieved eating a flexible diet that included a nightly dessert.

Unlike you I can and do share my diary, my pictures and I'll even share my blood work, so those that are looking for help can see it is possible it's not me just blowing smoke up their a**

Differences aside. Honestly. Your health gains. That's awesome. I mean that. Congrats. Wicked story.

Elitist? bc I don't elaborate? When you elaborate against the grain (no pun intended) it's not too productive. I only did the long post for the one guy b/c of the way he handled things.

Why don't I share my info? Privacy is one. The other reason???? People come up to ME in person all the time and say, what the hell, you have lost all that weight and are jacked!!! in a matter of months!! and you keep maintaining it!!! HOW DO YOU DO IT????

THEY ask ME.

I tell them.

They go - nah, you're lying. It's just calories in calories out. It's gotta be. Or you have a tumor.

Seriously.

Let me ask you. If this was your experience, would you bother with sharing details of your personal real life evidence????

That being said, there are a few people who have benefitted from me in my personal life and online. All of them had an open mind and were willing to see the big picture regarding health.

mhm.

So, anecdotal?

Yes, when one is referring to personal information and replying to an inquiry about said information, that is in reference to anecdotes by definition yes. But good try at using the typical debunking buzzword to devalidate the whole argument.

You've already devalidated your own argument based upon the above few comments.

I can't take all the credit. I had help! MFP houses the best devalidators on the planet.
  • Navtendon
    Options

This just keeps getting better and better...

Yeah, fair enough, if I read that someone used fake info it certainly wouldn't help credibility. But I seriously wonder why anyone uses real info in the web.
  • Navtendon
    Options

That's fine. Everyone on the site has now seen you admit to lying on your profile, having had multiple profiles which you've also lied about, and falsely claiming to be a doctor. By publicly discrediting yourself, you discredit your message, not that there even was much of a message.

It's actually ok, not like I was gaining any mass traction anyway. But it's fun to see you guys shake your heads.
  • Navtendon
    Options

Guess you lie about leaving too

You got it! How can I leave when there are so many haters? Imagine what I would miss out on.
  • Navtendon
    Options

Oh. I guess it didn't happen. False alarm. OK everybody go back to burying your heads in the sand.

I'm actually a closet obese blogger with several athersclerotic risk factors and several chronic autoimmune diseases who never comes out of my basement and loves to eat all sorts of junk food in moderation within my daily calorie limits because I can't stand the thought of anyone telling me that I have to restrict something because this is America and we have the right to everything they put on a grocery store shelf regardless if it goes against all common sense.

Of course it's believable. I just blended in with this forum. Just like putting on army camouflage.

No you still haven't blended because those that have been successful can back up their claims and offer realistic advice. Hell you're about my age I would love to hear how I could eat 4000 calories a day and reach my goals share this wisdom with us common folk

Ok. I just replied on a long post to someone else so there may be something helpful there for you. Dunno if that helps.

My advise doesn't sound realistic because it's virtually the opposite of what is preached on this forum.

And I certainly am not saying that people on this forum don't have results. Some people have unbelievably astounding weight loss results and have more muscle than a whole village.

I'm approaching things from a health standpoint with weight loss and muscle mass as a nice side effect.

I don't need to back up my claims - I didn't invent the paleo/primal diet or lifestyle. They are not my claims. If it doesn't grab you when you read about it, then it just won't grab you.

I read your long post, and no not really helpful at all. What's the opposite? only that most say after your nutritional needs are met enjoy you ice cream and cookies? Maybe if you lost your elitist attitude and actually looked at the people you are arguing with (all of them have open diaries and pictures) and you will see lean proteins, veggies, fruits, and all kinds of other things.

Now I find this very funny you say you do this from a health standpoint, well that's why I started this 22 months ago. 14 prescriptions, getting ready to be put on 24/7 oxygen, couldn't do 30 seconds of a 6 minute pulmonary function test. Now I can bike 50+ miles a day, I can run 6 miles oh and down to 4 prescriptions. All of that was achieved eating a flexible diet that included a nightly dessert.

Unlike you I can and do share my diary, my pictures and I'll even share my blood work, so those that are looking for help can see it is possible it's not me just blowing smoke up their a**

Differences aside. Honestly. Your health gains. That's awesome. I mean that. Congrats. Wicked story.

Elitist? bc I don't elaborate? When you elaborate against the grain (no pun intended) it's not too productive. I only did the long post for the one guy b/c of the way he handled things.

Why don't I share my info? Privacy is one. The other reason???? People come up to ME in person all the time and say, what the hell, you have lost all that weight and are jacked!!! in a matter of months!! and you keep maintaining it!!! HOW DO YOU DO IT????

THEY ask ME.

I tell them.

They go - nah, you're lying. It's just calories in calories out. It's gotta be. Or you have a tumor.

Seriously.

Let me ask you. If this was your experience, would you bother with sharing details of your personal real life evidence????

That being said, there are a few people who have benefitted from me in my personal life and online. All of them had an open mind and were willing to see the big picture regarding health.

mhm.

So, anecdotal?

Yes, when one is referring to personal information and replying to an inquiry about said information, that is in reference to anecdotes by definition yes. But good try at using the typical debunking buzzword to devalidate the whole argument.

You killed your own argument when you claimed to eat more then a former world class athlete and maintain...

Yes, that is correct, assuming calories in calories out is the pivotal scientific principle that governs everything... and on this forum it certainly seems to.
  • kgeyser
    Options

It's actually ok, not like I was gaining any mass traction anyway. But it's fun to see you guys shake your heads.

It's mostly eye-rolling. We keep waiting for someone to show up with science and all we get are blogs. But we'll keep holding out for that unicorn.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

THEY ask ME.

I tell them.

Seriously.

mhm.

So, anecdotal?

You killed your own argument when you claimed to eat more then a former world class athlete and maintain...

Yes, that is correct, assuming calories in calories out is the pivotal scientific principle that governs everything... and on this forum it certainly seems to.

Who woulda thought that on a calorie counting site?
  • cnowotarski
    cnowotarski Posts: 29 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I agree with most everyone here. I kept most of the foods I used to eat but I watch my portions. The only food I completely gave up was potato chips because once I start eating them I can't stop!! I have to self-control when it comes to potato chips! So to save myself the grief. I just gave them up and replaced them with popcorn sprinkled with a little salt and chili powder!