Just for today -- anyone want to join me on a 10 week "Just for today"

Options

Replies

• ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will forgive myself for not meeting yesterday's just for today.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,308 Member
    Options
    11/11
    JFT - I will get my Gazelle workout done tonight NO matter how tired I am!!!!
    JFT- I WILL continue my crochet project!!!
    Done Done
    11/12
    JFT I WILL eat healthy
    JFT I will keep busy, move, move (back bedroom needs arranging)

This is a challenge for me not to nibble during the day!
  • kamykraft
    kamykraft Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS...
    Just for today I will drink at least 5 tumblers of water.
    Just for today I will skip my afternoon snack.
    Just for today I will focus on the tools in my toolbox rather than the reasons I have to use them.

Thank you!
  • kscm02
    kscm02 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of JFT's really liking this idea and I'm doing better than I usually do. If anyone wants to become friends, the more the merrier.

JFT I will not go over my daily calories
    JFT I will drink 5 more glasses of water before bedtime
    JFT I will get on my bike for at least 20 minutes tonight

• pam1056
    pam1056 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will stop at the gym after work
  • Karina_isela
    Karina_isela Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is a great post.

Just for today:

1. I will snack on fruit and vegetables instead of junk food.
    2. I will eat a reasonable amount during meals, not a lot.
    3. I will stay active.
  • LovingLifeLivingHealthy
    Options
    Well this is more than Just for Today. . .but decided while out today and seeing that Hersheyettes are arriving in the candy cane. . a real weakness for me. .that I will not have ANY until Christmas. I will prob have some given to me by the grandkids in my stocking. And a week or two after Christmas they are not to be found. But for this 6 weeks if I do not have ANY it will be good for me. I can't eat ONE candy cane filled one. So I didn't say no dessert. .no candy if I choose to have a portion controlled piece. But I can't seem to portion control the Hersheyettes!! So giving them up until Christmas.
  • monami1234
    monami1234 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just for today. I will not binge eat tonight.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,308 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    11/12
    JFT I WILL eat healthy :):)
    JFT I will keep busy, move, move (back bedroom needs arranging) :):)
    11/13
    JFT I will remember making LITTLE goals WILL turn into BIGGER goals
    JFT No eating after 7

Joan, this post is turning into something that is helping me keep my goals. I love reading everyone's posts! We can do this everyone, Happy Thursday!

• dinosaurtrain
    dinosaurtrain Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is a clever idea, I'm joining!

JFT I will run 3 miles.... maybe definitely
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I'm really struggling with motivation right now because I'm doing it right, but the scale isn't agreeing. Logically, I know it's not all about the scale and that sometimes weight fluctuates. Emotionally, it's killing me.

Just for today, I will do some form of exercise outside of my break time walks.
    Just for today, I will look at all the good I've done, and healthy choices I've made and be happy.

Some of you have dropped off, would like to see you back on here.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    • I will workout when I get home from work
    • I will cook my dinner instead of eating fast food
    • I will not snack while my shows are on this evening
  • Karina_isela
    Karina_isela Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will:
    1.Stay positive.
    2. Eat small portions.
    3. Eat fruits and vegetables instead of junk food.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Hey, Joan! This is so awesome! So glad you pointed me to this.

It's already afternoon here, but not too late because this is typically when the wheels come off...

1) Just for today I will not go to the corner store for Skittles. (The store clerk has started greeting me as "skittle girl"...that can't be good.)

2) Just for today I will go to bed in time to get 8 hours of sleep even if I don't feel sleepy. You never know, maybe I'll drop off anyway.

3) Just for today I will fix the supper I have planned and not go out to eat.

I only have to do these things just this one day. No problem.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Hey, Joan! This is so awesome! So glad you pointed me to this.

It's already afternoon here, but not too late because this is typically when the wheels come off...

1) Just for today I will not go to the corner store for Skittles. (The store clerk has started greeting me as "skittle girl"...that can't be good.)

2) Just for today I will go to bed in time to get 8 hours of sleep even if I don't feel sleepy. You never know, maybe I'll drop off anyway.

I only have to do these things just this one day. No problem.
    SO GlAD YOU JOINED US!!! We can do this -- one day at a time!! I got this idea from you!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I am so late posting on here - spent the day collecting doctors letters, and sitting for 2 hrs in the social security office! But - I couldn't eat during that time :)

So .. just for the rest of today...

1. I will concentrate on drinking my water.
    2. I will log ALL my food
    3. I will not snack tonite. Nite time is my worse time. So JUST THIS NITE --- drink water, chew gum, sew, do whatever I can to not snack.
    4. After my meeting tonite, try and do minimum 10 minutes on the ellipitical. My ellipitical is in a patio room - unheated, and it is 26 degrees out today! But, I can do this for at least 10 minutes. Hopefully that 10 minutes will turn into 20 or more!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »
    Good morning. I'm really struggling with motivation right now because I'm doing it right, but the scale isn't agreeing. Logically, I know it's not all about the scale and that sometimes weight fluctuates. Emotionally, it's killing me.

Just for today, I will do some form of exercise outside of my break time walks.
    Just for today, I will look at all the good I've done, and healthy choices I've made and be happy.

Some of you have dropped off, would like to see you back on here.

I am so like you -- I tend to make the scale be my measure of success. But, you know you are doing everything right, and making healthy choices! Keep doing that, no matter what the number on the scale says. Someone once told me that no one sees that number on the scale - only us. Keep going - you are doing so great!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    monami1234 wrote: »
    Just for today. I will not binge eat tonight.

I am going to steal your just for today list also -- I binge more at nite, so NOT TONITE!
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options

1) Check
    2) Check (although I woke up at 3AM, so still only six hours of sleep)
    3) Check (and because I went to bed early, I didn't have time to binge)

It's still early today and I haven't messed it up yet, but Fridays are full of pitfalls. It's "dia de los donuts" at work and tonight is date night, but just for today I will:

1) Not have one of those donuts.
    2) Eat only the food I brought in my lunch box.
    3) Look up the restaurant menu on line and figure out ahead of time what I should order.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I have been watching this page from a distance, so Just for Today:

I will stop eating after the evening meal and not go late night over-eating. If I feel hungry I will drink a cup of tea - no more, no less;

I will NOT lie to myself that my late night binge is actually a pre-carb for tomorrow's early workout - it doesn't work that way!