Women Fit For Forties

Options

Replies

• timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies....leaving shortly to go to an amuzement park with my husband and kids....will do a lot of walking today but food choices will be a little hard....probably should pack a cooler but its a big hastle so I will just have to do my best....will be able to drink plenty of water though....and I had a 1# loss today so the movie popcorn must not have been tooo damaging.:bigsmile:

We will be back late because they are having fireworks at the park also tonight, so I will talk to you all in the morning!!
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Well, I made it safely to Ohio, but I trashed my calorie count. I am going to have to work really hard to stay away from all of the bad stuff and keep up with my workouts. I got up early this morning and completed my second workout for the C25K. It was tough, but it felt good to get it done. I am keeping in mind all of the effort it took to get to where I am today, and I refuse to throw it away in a single summer trip.

I hope that everyone is having a good week and that you all have a happy and safe July 4th weekend.

Chris :flowerforyou:
  • Bammie
    Bammie Posts: 8
    Options
    I did it! I did it! I DID IT! I MADE IT TO THREEDERVILLE! I am crying over here! 398, ladies! I am so happy!!!!
    awwwwwwwww congrats,i am so happy for you!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Well, I made it safely to Ohio, but I trashed my calorie count. I am going to have to work really hard to stay away from all of the bad stuff and keep up with my workouts. I got up early this morning and completed my second workout for the C25K. It was tough, but it felt good to get it done. I am keeping in mind all of the effort it took to get to where I am today, and I refuse to throw it away in a single summer trip.

I hope that everyone is having a good week and that you all have a happy and safe July 4th weekend.

You can do it! Have a great 4th. We'll see you when you get back!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    OK, you're all gonna love this one. I decided as a reward for threederville I'd take my 7 yr-old niece Olivia (in my profile pic) to get a mani and a pedi with me. We'd have a girls' day out, complete with retail therapy. :wink: So on the way to the mall (Gosh I hate malls, but whatcha gonna do - 7 yr-old's freakin' dream day), Livvy informs me that she may not want a mani/pedi because she was having a sleep over that night and her bff's and she would probably do each other's nails. I finally convinced her to get the pedi with me. OK fine. So then she informs me that she is afraid of getting hurt at the pedi salon. :noway: I was like - wtf? No one gets hurt getting a freakin' pedi. So I talked her off that ledge (come to find out she got a tiny cut the one and only time she got a mani - OK so she was sort of afraid). So we go in. I couldn't understand a word the women were saying to me in what I think was Korean. This made Livvy nervous so she declares NO PEDI, ONLY MANI. Oh for goodness sakes make up your mind OK. So she sits over at the mani table and I go to the pedi tub. I climb in and fit in the chair (woohooo 398#) and I am too far up, so I slightly stand to push my big *kitten* back into the chair some more, and SLAM#^*#!$CRUNCH@#$&! my left foot goes sliding to the front of the tub.
    I broke my toes. I broke two of my fu**ing toes in a fu**cking pedi tub! :sad:
    Then I hear Livvy nervously say, "I don't want a mani either!!!" :laugh:

So I go to the doc in the box and they x-ray and tape my piggies and give me a boot and tell me to enjoy my last four weeks of summer break with effing broken toes. And I hear Olivia telling her mom on the phone, "Mommy, I don't ever want to go to get a mani or pedi ever again!" :ohwell:
  • timbotina
    Options
    OH MY GOSH, I know it was probably not funny, and I am so sorry you got broken toes.....but I have to admit , you gave me a great laugh this a.m......sorry I don't usually laugh when someone gets hurt.....hope you are feeling better today....hey, atleast your toes looked good for the x-ray.....(or did you not even get the pedi??)
  • timbotina
    Options
    Anyway,, morning ladies.....had a great day at the amusement park......but the eating was HORRIBLE>>>>will NEVER go without packing a cooler again....I ate so many horrible tasting things...not even worth the calories they consumed....but I did get a great workout day in.....went jogging to the car 3 times when we forgot things, or needed new clothes, etc....atleast a mile away....never before would I have gone,, my husband was always the one who went to the car....but NO MORE!! I feel so healthy, there is nothing I can't do.....:happy:
  • cdsledge09
    Options
    Bluenote- OMG!!! Sorry to hear about your toe stubbing incident. WOW!! that's got to be one for the record books. Hopefully it won't scar your niece for life. :wink: Kind of sounds like my type of luck. :laugh: Cool thing is that you can have your cast tattooed if you get bored. :happy:

I am sitting here in Ohio hoping to talk my family into doing something outdoors today that will allow us to move around something other than the dinner table and kitchen. I have been able to get up both mornings since we've been here and work out. The weather here is so much more pleasant than in Texas that I actually want to be outside moving around. You ladies have a great day and I'll check back in later.

• cdsledge09
    Options
    Anyway,, morning ladies.....had a great day at the amusement park......but the eating was HORRIBLE>>>>will NEVER go without packing a cooler again....I ate so many horrible tasting things...not even worth the calories they consumed....but I did get a great workout day in.....went jogging to the car 3 times when we forgot things, or needed new clothes, etc....atleast a mile away....never before would I have gone,, my husband was always the one who went to the car....but NO MORE!! I feel so healthy, there is nothing I can't do.....:happy:

I am so happy for you! It is a great feeling when you want to move around and you feel good doing it. It has been wonderful to feel myself getting stronger, its such a confidence booster. Have a great weekend and keep up the great work. :drinker: (crystal light in the cups...Cheers To You) :happy:
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Sooooo... I am having a rough time right now. I think I am hitting yet another plateau. Oh Joy! They frustrate me so. That means no loss for me this week. But, no gain either so, I guess that is a good thing!

I did finish the C25k today and yes it feels good to have accomplished it. However, I am struggling with many things going on right now and have too many damn irons in the fire! I simply am overwhelmed. From family wanting to eat crap and not understand why I choose not to eat out more than 1x per week to my family wanting another dog. (We still have 2). From the weight not coming off like I would prefer to see to work being a little slow right now (and yes, it always is this time of year). Then there is the fact that I am turning the BIG 40 in August. It should be just a number, but, I feel like it is a line in the sand for me and I am having one hell of a time trying to grasp it!

So, I apologize for not being around much lately and probably won't be here commenting every day until I can get my head back where it needs to be. I do hope it is sooner than later. I will still lurk and will still be logging my food and exercise but, I just do not have the time and energy right now. Sorry, if that sounds selfish!

I hope you all understand and have a fabulous Independence day weekend!
  • bluenote
    Options
    OH MY GOSH, I know it was probably not funny, and I am so sorry you got broken toes.....but I have to admit , you gave me a great laugh this a.m......sorry I don't usually laugh when someone gets hurt.....hope you are feeling better today....hey, atleast your toes looked good for the x-ray.....(or did you not even get the pedi??)

Oh yes it was hilarious! Hey, I like to make light of some of the silly things I do - otherwise, what's the alternative, cry? LOL No way! I find the humor in just about everything! :tongue:

GOOD NEWS: my PT said we'd work around the broken piggies so HALLELUJAH I still get to go to PT! I love physical therapy! My knee gets stronger every day I go! Makes me feel on top of the world!
  • bluenote
    Options
    COGirl - take all the time you need, but please remember we LOVE you and WANT YOU TO SUCCEED AT GETTING HEALTHIER every single day. :heart: You can lay down your burdens here anytime you want. We will hold you up the best we can. :heart:

The big 4-0 hit me kind of hard, so I know what you're saying. But look at how far you've come, girl! You are going to make your goal! I remember when you first posted that little guy holding your goal. I thought it was great that you were going for it with gusto! Sort out things at home (or at least make them manageable - not everything can be solved, right? Or we'd all be perfect!) and then please come back to us whenever you can. :flowerforyou:
  • timbotina
    Options
    Sooooo... I am having a rough time right now. I think I am hitting yet another plateau. Oh Joy! They frustrate me so. That means no loss for me this week. But, no gain either so, I guess that is a good thing!

I did finish the C25k today and yes it feels good to have accomplished it. However, I am struggling with many things going on right now and have too many damn irons in the fire! I simply am overwhelmed. From family wanting to eat crap and not understand why I choose not to eat out more than 1x per week to my family wanting another dog. (We still have 2). From the weight not coming off like I would prefer to see to work being a little slow right now (and yes, it always is this time of year). Then there is the fact that I am turning the BIG 40 in August. It should be just a number, but, I feel like it is a line in the sand for me and I am having one hell of a time trying to grasp it!

So, I apologize for not being around much lately and probably won't be here commenting every day until I can get my head back where it needs to be. I do hope it is sooner than later. I will still lurk and will still be logging my food and exercise but, I just do not have the time and energy right now. Sorry, if that sounds selfish!

I hope you all understand and have a fabulous Independence day weekend!

Yes, take all the time you need..I know it can be overwhelming at times.....I too am turning 40 (in Sept)...something hits me about being 40...30 didn't care...anyway....you have acheived amazing things.....50+#, be very proud of yourself and we are all here for you to support and encourage you....we are behind you....we got your back..!!!:wink:
  • selbyhutch
    Options
    Just wanted to stop by & say a quick "hello" to my girls! My 15 yo neice is w/ me for a month... so between work & her... I'm on the go-go-go. My updates will probably be short & sweet. I'm working out in the mornings too & sometimes in the evening... my neice is working out w/ me!! We did have a "cheat" meal tonight... burger & fries from 5 Guys. Very yum & very filling.

Anywho... hope everyone has a happy & healthy 4th! :drinker:
  • Kristieinak
    Options
    Hi all, I just stubbled upon this site and hope to get motivation and support from other "40 year olds." I live in Alaska and have two children and a dear husband who is very supportive of my weight loss. I will be 42 in January and have set a goal to not feel down about my weight and myself for the new year. I hope I am doing this right. Will try to post this first time and see how it goes.
  • timbotina
    Options
    Morning one and all......Happy 4th of July....fireworks were great last night...hope you all have good plans for today....taking it light on exercise today...maybe some swimming....just spending time with my husband and kids today......:smile:
  • selbyhutch
    Options
    Did anyone make any second half of the year resolutions?!

I've lost 1lb a week pretty steady, so I'm going to say 30lbs more lost by New Years. I'm also going to try to continue to cut down my sugar. My ratios are 40 carb - 30 fat - 30 protein... which I just changed. Other than that, I plan on just being happy with my slow progress. Every day I feel better and when we're 40, that what matters the most... our health!

Have a great 4th of July everyone. ♥
  • timbotina
    Options
    Site has been quiet today which is a good thing.....means everyone is enjoying the 4th.....Happy holiday everyone!!:bigsmile:
  • timbotina
    Options
    Man the board was really slim yesturday......anyway, off to work....hoping to get in a great walk/jog after work, maybe even get a walk in on lunchbreak....talk to you all later.......happy Monday ladies!! :happy:

P.S. really excited about my 2lb weight loss......will remotivate me for the week.....less than 2 weeks til Virginia Beach, Yeah!!!!!
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I did not do such a great job the past few days. .. Still trying to workout some things going on in my life. I am up 6lbs and I am sure a good amount of it is sodium as I ate tons of sodium the last few days.

Worked out this morning and it felt good to get those endorphins released so, I am going to have to try and make myself go for a walk or a bike ride instead of emotional eating. Working on it....

The family won and we got a new dog. Her name is Janie and she is the sweetest black lab I have ever met. Very nervous and out of her element right now but, in time I think she will fit in well! She is about 1.5 years old and the people we got her from had a hard time letting her go. However, they simply had tooo many dogs eight to be exact and they were downsizing to 3. They just felt like they could not give that many dogs the attention they needed. So, now Janie is adapting and learning what is like to live inside a house and have a grass yard to run and play ball in.

Well, I need to go drink more water and try to flush some of this sodium out of my system. Have a great day girls!