Women Fit For Forties

Options

Replies

• kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I've been sort of "MIA" I'm on vacation from work & trying to get stuff done out in my yard & around the house. Went camping for a few days also. I've been logging my exercise & food however. I've actually stayed under my calories. I passed up a cookout on Saturday because I knew I would make bad choices. My sis-inlaw's sister always makes desserts & she posted on FB the other day "How many Red White & Blue desserts can I make?" so that was the kicker for me....I knew I couldn't resist, so I decided not to go & went to fireworks at the campground with my parents instead.

I've been doing a lot of yard work & not much of anything else because my whole body is completely worn out after all that! I'm trying to take it a bit easier today. Surprisingly the scale went down for me today, but not much. However a loss is a loss & I'm taking it!

6-01-10 240.0
    6-07-10 237.0
    6-09-10 234.4
    6-14-10 233.6
    6-21-10 233.4
    6-28-10 230.6
    7-01-10 229.8
    7-05-10 229.4

Only .4 more pounds & I've lost 20 since I started MFP!

Kelly
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    wheew!!! It is hoooottt her in OHIO. went for my normal job/run at the track and man it was way tooo hot to be jogging.....I also tried something new today....walking backwards....man is that a good workout....I see Jillian doing it on the treadmill on the Biggest Loser but man didn't realize.....that's a great workout....anyhow....hope everyone is recovering from all the weekend holiday festivities....we are all going to need the WED. challange this week, ..HA!!:bigsmile:
  • timbotina
    Options
    wheew!!! It is hoooottt her in OHIO. went for my normal job/run at the track and man it was way tooo hot to be jogging.....I also tried something new today....walking backwards....man is that a good workout....I see Jillian doing it on the treadmill on the Biggest Loser but man didn't realize.....that's a great workout....anyhow....hope everyone is recovering from all the weekend holiday festivities....we are all going to need the WED. challange this week, ..HA!!:bigsmile:
  • timbotina
    Options
    Sorry about the double post above...but now I it looks like I have no life posting for the 3rd time in a row,,,:sad: HA!!!!:blushing:
    Anyway, off to finish my work week...hope to get done a little early so I can get a walk/jog in and I need to get some grocceries for the lake (we leave tomorrow for 5 days)...going to be another hot one here.....lots of sweating will be going on...:bigsmile:Have a great day ladies!!
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies

I haven't been too active on this discussion. This weekend was a splurge weekend for me. Today, it back on track. I need to drink about 2 gallons of water to wash out all the sodium and junk that I consumed over the weekend. On my best behavior for the week. :smile:

It will be a busy week as I prepare to attend two different conferences this month. Have a great week.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOSH, I know it was probably not funny, and I am so sorry you got broken toes.....but I have to admit , you gave me a great laugh this a.m......sorry I don't usually laugh when someone gets hurt.....hope you are feeling better today....hey, atleast your toes looked good for the x-ray.....(or did you not even get the pedi??)

Oh yes it was hilarious! Hey, I like to make light of some of the silly things I do - otherwise, what's the alternative, cry? LOL No way! I find the humor in just about everything! :tongue:

GOOD NEWS: my PT said we'd work around the broken piggies so HALLELUJAH I still get to go to PT! I love physical therapy! My knee gets stronger every day I go! Makes me feel on top of the world!
    I'm so sorry about your toes! Not exactly a relaxing spa experience what with your toes and your niece!! But good news you can continue PT.
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Was a very busy, mostly nice, long weekend. I didn't do well with food, got in some exercise but not as much as I wanted to. Trying to get back on track today. I didn't do a meal plan for this week like I had hoped to do while I was out of town. Someone on MFP gave me advice to make a drastic change to get motivated again ... and I got a fortune cookie yesterday that said I should 'change my routine this week' ... so maybe I need to figure out a way to take that advice. I just haven't figured out what change I want to do yet.... try no sugar, or maybe vegetarian, or no cheese for the week (my biggest weakness). Hmmm.
  • mcarpentier
    Options
    Hello Ladies!!! Had a nice holiday weekend. Ran my first 5k yesterday!! Ugh - it was so HUMID...... but I finished and wasn't the last one. I had set a goal of 50 minutes and finished under 45 so very happy with that. However I had a seven year old boy and 75 year old man who finished ahead of me. I the old guy never did slow down and ran the whole race!! Go figure - I am already thinking about my next run. Not sure when or where but I do plan on doing another. Nothing like that feeling crossing the finish line. Adjusting to my unemployment, I guess. I hope I don't have to do this for too long. Keeping pretty busy so far!! And seeing the big 4-0 approaching quickly......... only 19 days to go. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around it. I mean I know it's just a number - but still!?!???!?!? Husband has been out on the road since last Sunday - always hard when it's over a week. Not sure the next time he will be home. Just having kind of a blah day today. Ran this AM and it was ungodly hot. Job search this AM and applied for 4 new positions. Just had lunch and thinking about what to do this afternoon............................... My reward to myself for finishing the 5k is a membership to our local gym, signed up yesterday and got a good workout in - may do one of the spin classes.
    Take Care and have a good week everyone!!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Hello Ladies!!! Had a nice holiday weekend. Ran my first 5k yesterday!! Ugh - it was so HUMID...... but I finished and wasn't the last one. I had set a goal of 50 minutes and finished under 45 so very happy with that. However I had a seven year old boy and 75 year old man who finished ahead of me. I the old guy never did slow down and ran the whole race!! Go figure - I am already thinking about my next run. Not sure when or where but I do plan on doing another. Nothing like that feeling crossing the finish line. Adjusting to my unemployment, I guess. I hope I don't have to do this for too long. Keeping pretty busy so far!! And seeing the big 4-0 approaching quickly......... only 19 days to go. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around it. I mean I know it's just a number - but still!?!???!?!? Husband has been out on the road since last Sunday - always hard when it's over a week. Not sure the next time he will be home. Just having kind of a blah day today. Ran this AM and it was ungodly hot. Job search this AM and applied for 4 new positions. Just had lunch and thinking about what to do this afternoon............................... My reward to myself for finishing the 5k is a membership to our local gym, signed up yesterday and got a good workout in - may do one of the spin classes.
    Good for you! congrats on the 5k and what a great reward for yourself! I love my exercise classes at the Y.
  • mcarpentier
    Options
    Good for you! congrats on the 5k and what a great reward for yourself! I love my exercise classes at the Y.

[/quote
    ]
    lstpaul........ what classes have you taken? I have heard the spin classes are pretty intense!??!?!
    And thanks for the congrats - I normally don't reward myself - but I am trying to do more of it now!!!
  • timbotina
    Options
    another hot day here in OHIO as with a lot of the country.....busy day at work again....don' t know what is up with that,...hate to say it but I usually have a cake job.....anyhow..,,,did manage to do the stairs today....boy, big effort--harder than it looks!! anyhow, not much time to do much else today, we are heading out to the lake again tomorrow and will be gone until Sunday night.....so got packing to do.....:sad: (packing with a 3 y./o pulling at you is tiresome)...but I love her just the same....
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to stop in & say hello to all. I've been knee-deep w/ my teenage neice! It's rough because I'm working & when I get home she always wants to do something... then I'm up too late & working out is difficult in the morning. I hate having my routine messed up. She's just going to have to understand. Getting ready to go to bed so that I can get up early & work out!

Take care all.
  • lds25
    lds25 Posts: 68
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I just found this thread and discovered that this is the exact group I fit into! I turn 40 in *gasp* 23 days :ohwell: and thought i should introduce myself. My name is Linda and I am a full time social worker with 2 young sons who live with me and 3 older kids who live with their dad. I just recently walked out of a very listless marriage of 22 yrs to pursue life on my own. I then realized that I have spent 22 yrs being FAT!!!! I decided i need to do something about it and I had found this site last year and only used it for the food and exercise logs and nothing more. This time around I will be utilizing all it has to offer. I would love to get to know more of you and feel free to peruse my food and exercise diary as well as add me as a friend.

Linda
  • pearlyjools
    Options
    May I join in too please?

I live in UK and have turned 47 last month. I have been plagued by aches and pains for a few years, neck and knee problems mainly, but I found a superb PT who gave me out remedial exercises to improve my overall strength and posture , which has led to a big reduction in pain :-)

I do a full body strength training routine twice a week, and keep generally active by walking 2 -3 miles a day. My goal is to drop a few pounds still - no female is EVER happy with the state of her thighs and hips!

Best wishes to all and I look forward to getting to know you all better!
  • timbotina
    Options
    Good morning one and all, welcome to the newcomers...you will find as I have that these are a great bunch ladies, don't know what I would do without them......well anyway, headed off to the lake til SUN so you will not be hearing of me...but I will be on my best behavior and joining you in the WED and SAT challanges....keep up the great work everyone and I will talk to you late on SUN. have a great weekend!! :bigsmile:
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Welcome Newbies! Always glad to have more people join together on our weight loss journey!

It is a dreary day in Colorado this morning, pretty out of the norm for this time of year. I am headed to workout an get that Skinny Wednesday challenge under my belt before I am off to a busy day at work!

I almost have that extra 6lbs off from my weekend splurge. But, if I expect to make my goal in August I am going to need to kick it up a notch and quit having those cheat days.

Well, I am off for now....
    TTYL
  • lstpaul
    Options

[/quote
    ]
    lstpaul........ what classes have you taken? I have heard the spin classes are pretty intense!??!?!
    And thanks for the congrats - I normally don't reward myself - but I am trying to do more of it now!!!

My favorite class is step aerobics - I like it because it is challenging but also keeps my mind busy so I'm not constantly watching the clock. I'm not terribly good at anything 'dancy' and step doesn't seem as 'dancy' as other aerobic classes. According to my HRM I wear off 900-1100 calories in an hour doing step. But step class isn't for everyone - I think you have to try it to find out if you like it. My instructor always tells people to try it 3 times before you make a decision because the first couple of times you are just trying to figure it out. What adds to the experience for me is that I have met a lot of people in my classes so it is a bit social too ... which helps to keep me motivated to go back.
    I also do turbo kick - which I enjoy too - but just recently started so I'm not very good at it (and it is more 'dancy'). My PT says I can't do that class right now with my bulging disc issues because of the punching. I also do body pump which is a weight lifting class - I can't say I really enjoy it as much as step - I get a little bored, but I do like the results of tighter muscles. I haven't done it now for about 5 weeks and I can really tell that my arms are saggier - but my PT says I can start again as long as I don't do anything with weights on my back or lifting over my head. I have never done spinning - it looks like a good workout - probably partly strength and partly aerobic. I don't like riding bike so have never wanted to try that one. I bought a stationary recomubent bike at home, thinking I might like that more - it mostly sits in the corner of the family room with stuff piled on it. :ohwell:
    I hope you find some classes that you like as much as I like mine. Good luck!
  • pearlyjools
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome Colorado Girl :-)

Just trained - a full body routine starting with squats,lunges, moving onto back,chest,arms,shoulders and abs. My bench pressing was not as good as last time but feel nicely "worked out" now. I have found diet compliance much easier since joining this site, the food diary here is excellent.

Best wishes to all.
  • mcarpentier
    Options
    Hello all and welcome to the newbies!!! Always welcome and the more the merrier. I am so thankful for finding this site, this is the motivation and support that I soooooo badly needed. I have always tried to be motivating and supportive to other in their fitness and weight loss - but just could never find a group of people who could do the same to me. That is until I found MFP..... and the rest is history. But seriously girls - I thank you one all for being there and with me on my journey!! Sniff - sniff, ok sorry didn't really plan on that emotional outbreak!! I am acheiving my goals and doing things I never thought I was capable of and have never felt better about myself!!

Thanks lstpaul for the input on the classes and I'll let you know what I try and what I like. Enjoy your vacay timbotina!! And nice to hear from you CoGirl........ I am dreading turning 40 too - but truthfully just kind of want to get past it!! Know what I mean!?!?

Hope you'all have a good week - we are due for more rain - ugh - enough is enough!! :bigsmile:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    timbotina - have fun and be safe! :flowerforyou:
    Welcome, pearlyjools. You will love it here. :flowerforyou:

I worked off the 2 lb. gain from the holiday weekend. Whew! So happy for that! :bigsmile:

:drinker: Onward, weight loss soldiers!!! :drinker: