Women Fit For Forties

Options

Replies

• Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi,

Have not post in a while....completed Leslie Sansone's Super walk two weeks ago...completed week two of Turbo Jam for beginners...will include the advance workout after completing two more weeks of beginners...then comes hip hop abs and rocking abs....followed by Jillian 30-Day Shred...then Turbo Fire (Chalene Johnson)...then either P90X or Insanity....have my workout blue prints prepared and taking one workout at a time...

Have a great weekend...

B
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well. I am 48 years old and have 70 plus pounds to lose. I can't add any more people because they only allow you to add a certain amount every 10 minutes. So please add me as a friend. Thanks, Isabel
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies, another long day at work...looking forward to the Sat. challange...but I did have a great evening shopping...fit into clothes (sizes) I haven't fit into for forever!!!More motivated than ever...don't even care about the 0.5 lb gain a couple days ago:tongue:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Good evening all... Just before work this morning, I had a truly, make me smile kind of moment. I put on an expensive pair of dress pants that had previously had to go into plastic because my hips had simply outgrown them. :laugh: . Well this morning they fit and I had a little space to spare in the hips and waist. I was truly excited and felt pretty all day. I am very grateful for all of my new encouraging friends on MFP. :flowerforyou:

That is absolutely fabulous! Congrats!

Welcome newcomers! Tell us a little about yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!! I hope everyone had a great week. It's been a busy one for me. I did great with eating & exercise. I'm still an iced coffee addict though - lol. I suppose it could be worse. I also took today off from exercise. It's been 2 weeks since I took a day off. TOM started today & it's not pretty... so I kinda needed a day off anyway.

I've started the Wii EA Sports 45 Day Challenge on hard. It's definitely a lot harder. I'm also on level 2 of Jillian's 30 Day Shred. Other than that, I'm still doing the sit-up, push-up & squat challenges... a little Bollywood & Shimmy. I think I like Shimmy better because it feels more like belly dancing... but I'm not very coordinated doing it. I'd love to take a belly dancing class!! That would be a ton of fun. Maybe I'll look into it.

My weigh-in was today... down another pound. Yay! I've been slow & steady at a pound a week for 4 weeks now. I'll take it because it feels real. I firmly believe that if you lose weight too fast, you don't learn anything from it. You need to take the time to go through the experience.

Have a fabulous weekend! ♥
  • timbotina
    Options
    Morning ladies, off to the Sat challange.....so I will check in later....best of luck to everyone today:drinker:
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!! I hope everyone had a great week. It's been a busy one for me. I did great with eating & exercise. I'm still an iced coffee addict though - lol. I suppose it could be worse. I also took today off from exercise. It's been 2 weeks since I took a day off. TOM started today & it's not pretty... so I kinda needed a day off anyway.

I've started the Wii EA Sports 45 Day Challenge on hard. It's definitely a lot harder. I'm also on level 2 of Jillian's 30 Day Shred. Other than that, I'm still doing the sit-up, push-up & squat challenges... a little Bollywood & Shimmy. I think I like Shimmy better because it feels more like belly dancing... but I'm not very coordinated doing it. I'd love to take a belly dancing class!! That would be a ton of fun. Maybe I'll look into it.

My weigh-in was today... down another pound. Yay! I've been slow & steady at a pound a week for 4 weeks now. I'll take it because it feels real. I firmly believe that if you lose weight too fast, you don't learn anything from it. You need to take the time to go through the experience.

Have a fabulous weekend! ♥
    [/quote

Let me know how you like belly dancing, if you take the class. I have been considering it, but I'm not terribly coordinated. :flowerforyou:
  • cdsledge09
    Options
    For those of you that have been working on the C25k challenge, did any of you purchase the internet program, or do you just use the website to guide your workouts? I couldn't figure out the reason for purchase, but I might have been missing, or misunderstanding something in the description. I am going to start the C25k tomorrow, and see how it works out. Wish me well, in the Texas heat. :glasses:

Have a great weekend everyone :flowerforyou:
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    cdsledge - I didn't purchase the online program for C25K I'm just following the schedule that is on the homepage for the C25K. I just finished week one yesterday. Monday I will start week 2. Its going great so far! I just had to get over that hump of finally getting thru day one. It took me several trys to finally complete day 1! LOL:laugh:

My day today has been not so great. I had plans to do some swimming & yardwork all day today. However I must have eaten something that didn't agree with my body last night, as I had a SIX HOUR marathon of running back & forth to the bathroom. :sick: Since this morning the scale said I'm down 1.8 lbs. :noway: I just wish it wasn't because I'm sick! So I'm listening to my body & taking a rest day. I'm just sitting around @ home & going to put a movie in the DVD.

I hope you all are doing well on this wonderful weekend. I hope I feel better tomorrow so I can get something done! I'm going to need a lawn boy if the rain keeps up! :angry:

Kelly
  • cdsledge09
    Options
    I started the C25k today, and it was tough, but I got through day one. Today has been a terrible diet day for me. We celebrated my 15 yr old sons birthday with Chilis and birthday cake. I brought home more than half of my dinner, and I only had a small piece of cake, but the tequilla shots I've enjoyed this evening probably won't help my calorie count for the day. :ohwell: Tomorrow will be a better day, and I am going to find my way onto the gauntlet, or the Wii Fit program. :flowerforyou:

Kintegra--- hope you feel better soon!!
  • selbyhutch
    Options
    I found some local Belly Dancing classes - 8 weeks for only $100!! My 15 year old neice is coming on Wednesday & staying for a month... I'll have to go check it out while she's here.
  • selbyhutch
    Options
    I started the C25k today, and it was tough, but I got through day one. Today has been a terrible diet day for me. We celebrated my 15 yr old sons birthday with Chilis and birthday cake. I brought home more than half of my dinner, and I only had a small piece of cake, but the tequilla shots I've enjoyed this evening probably won't help my calorie count for the day. :ohwell: Tomorrow will be a better day, and I am going to find my way onto the gauntlet, or the Wii Fit program. :flowerforyou:

You had a good reason at least. Just don't have any other cheat meals this week & you'll be ok.

Did you say you have the Wii EA Sports Active? If so... do that one!! I did the 30 day challenge on medium & loved it. You won't regret it. Now I've done 4 work-outs of the 45 day challenge on difficult... it's definitely a wake up call!
  • cdsledge09
    Options

You had a good reason at least. Just don't have any other cheat meals this week & you'll be ok.

Did you say you have the Wii EA Sports Active? If so... do that one!! I did the 30 day challenge on medium & loved it. You won't regret it. Now I've done 4 work-outs of the 45 day challenge on difficult... it's definitely a wake up call!

I do have the Wii EA Sports Active, and I will use it tomorrow although I haven't graduated to the 45 day challenge, yet. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Fortunately, I haven't made to much of a mess, of my diet. I just need to redirect. This is my first true cheat day in about a month. I will commit myself to the workout tomorrow morning. Thanks again for the kind words of encouragement. I can't tell you how much my MFP friends have helped me to stay focused. :flowerforyou:
  • timbotina
    Options
    Morning ladies.....hope everyone enjoyed their Sat.....Hoped I could have gotten in a little more exercise but was busy running places yesturday evening......but have a lttle story:

I ran into someone... me and my 3 y/o daughter took a kindermusic class for her and I ran into one of the mom's at the fireworks last night.....she hasn't seen me for about 6 wks.....she said "WOW, you look great....you have lost weight haven't you?? I said yes about 33 lbs...she said god you didn't look like you had 30 lbs. to loose (she was just being nice, I could loose double that)...but she kept going on and on......it was really nice to hear and is motivating me for today......:happy:
  • cdsledge09
    Options
    Morning ladies.....hope everyone enjoyed their Sat.....Hoped I could have gotten in a little more exercise but was busy running places yesturday evening......but have a lttle story:

I ran into someone... me and my 3 y/o daughter took a kindermusic class for her and I ran into one of the mom's at the fireworks last night.....she hasn't seen me for about 6 wks.....she said "WOW, you look great....you have lost weight haven't you?? I said yes about 33 lbs...she said god you didn't look like you had 30 lbs. to loose (she was just being nice, I could loose double that)...but she kept going on and on......it was really nice to hear and is motivating me for today......:happy:

That is great!! It is always wonderful to have some one notice all of the hard work you've put into getting in shape. Keep up the great work, and take the motivation wherever you find it!! :bigsmile:

Last night was a real bad diet moment for me, but I've started on the road to recovery with a wonderful 45 minute walk with my husband this morning. It was really nice to have his company while I worked off my sins from last night. :blushing: Everyone have a great Sunday and I'll chat with ya' later. :flowerforyou:
  • bluenote
    Options
    cd - I'm in that sinner boat right alongside you. :ohwell: Last night I overate at a party. But the upside is, at least it was fruit pizza AND I didn't eat nearly as much as I did the last party! I'll take my progress in baby steps, please! :laugh:
  • mcarpentier
    Options
    Had a wonderful weekend, did pretty good with food, just not much for exercise............ :( So on this sultry evening I am heading out for an hour run/walk. It's sooooooooooo hot here in Iowa. I should be thankful for the extra sweat - calorie burn - right!??! I look forward to a good workout tomorrow night with the yardwork, that is if we don't get more rain!! My husband was home for 5 days and today headed back out on the road. So nice to have him home and always hard when he leaves. Everyone have a good evening and keep cool wherever you are!! :glasses:
  • selbyhutch
    Options
    Eating was pretty good this weekend. I did have some Back to Nature Granola Cookies today that were AMAZING... but 10g of sugar each. Ack. I also had another "real" iced coffee. :blushing:

Speaking of yummies... have any of you ladies tried the 1-ingredient banana iced cream yet? It is super amazing!! I'll have to experiement w/ peanut butter & honey... cinnamon would be good too.

P90X - Ab Ripper X is getting easier. I've done it 4 times now... usually about every 3-4 days. I can do about 20 reps for most of the exercises. Wii EA Sports Active 45 Day Challenge is still crazy intense. As for Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred... it's pretty hardcore on level 2 but I can actually handle it!!

Let's have a good week ladies!!
  • bluenote
    Options
    Selby - did I miss a post about the banana ice cream? Post it again, if you don't mind. I LOVE banana anything! LOL

mcarpentier - Hotter than H*** here in Missouri, too! SOOOOOO humid. We did just have a BIG OLD storm, so hopefully that broke the humidity! Ugh!
  • timbotina
    Options
    Good morning ladies. Hope everyone had a great weekend.....I have to admit I am a little sore from doing Jillian's Las Chance Workout yesturday (which is a good thing)....heading off to work this morning so I will check in with you all a little later....have a GREAT day everyone!!:smile: