How old is too old?

Options

Replies

• knowles1989
    knowles1989 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number, if your happy with him then that's all that really matters. My ex was 13 years older than me and yeah, people may judge but who cares! Be happy :)
  • JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,177 Member
    Options
    If he's old enough to be my father he's too old, if he's young enough to be my son, then he's too young. Everything else is fair game. And I may have posted this before...it feels like déjà vu
  • buffer221
    buffer221 Posts: 4,751 Member
    Options
    Me :)
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    Age is only a number. Its all about the connection between ye. If you like him and he says and does the right things , its all good. Follow your heart , not what other people think you should do.
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    Old is an almost year old post being resurrected lol.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    harlanJEN wrote: »
    If you are questioning him being too old for you, you are too young for him!

^^ this
    ditto

• knowles1989
    knowles1989 Posts: 28 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Old is an almost year old post being resurrected lol.

lol! Literally didn't even notice the date, it popped up with the recent posts though :confused: I wonder if the relationship lasted :neutral:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    For hanging out, having fun and such, I wouldn't question age. Anything long term though, that will become an issue. Be awkward to have a girl looking to start her career while I am about to retire.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    You're only as old as you feel! There should be no issues if you treat each other with respect and no one is taking advantage!
  • Jess1989ica
    Jess1989ica Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and my husband is 40...
  • jennmpantoja
    jennmpantoja Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    See I ask myself that same question. I'm 34 and was recently introduced to a guy at Church, found out he's 27. To me it was strange, but I've gotten to know him and he's a good guy. The age thing shouldn't matter, but if it is an issue for you maybe you should step back for a moment. Never know if the relationship would be a good one.
  • striderb
    striderb Posts: 5,843 Member
    Options
    I'm to old.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    Too old is when his wants are not your wants, when what he's experienced and you've not yet experienced start clashing.

So you're saying you want me to have your babies right?
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    "Age is just a number." -Jared Fogle
  • Nograce80
    Nograce80 Posts: 8,443 Member
    Options
    When I was your age I was totally into a 36 year old. That seemed about right to me.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    if you're a dude, the limit is supposed to be half your age plus 7. anything smaller than that and its creepy.

Glad MY female MFP friends don't feel that way.

vxyizeayc54y.jpg

Works for me.
    She'll do.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    when i was in my early 20s I dated a lady in her early 30s...it was pretty much a mutual feck fest and nothing more. outside of pretty much getting it on all of the time, we didn't really have much in common...oh, we thought we did at first...but yeah...couple months went by and we realized that really we didn't have a whole lot in common...but we continued to feck for a bit longer because the fecking was good.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I think girls in their early 20s think they're really mature, too mature for guys that age, but later you realize that's BS. A 10 or 12 year age gap when you're older isn't so bad, but a 21 year old chick and a 33 year old guy is a substantial difference in life. Now that I'm 32, picturing one of my guy friends dating a 21 year old is creepy.