How old is too old?

Options

Replies

• GibsonSG_67
    GibsonSG_67 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I think dating is fine, but if it were serious, then like someone else mentioned,with the younger person growing and finding out who she/he is and the elder already established and is set and comfortable, I can see that being an issue.
    As for the creep factor... I don't really get that, who am I to judge someone's attraction to someone else. But then I'm an old guy lol!
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    I think dating is fine, but if it were serious, then like someone else mentioned,with the younger person growing and finding out who she/he is and the elder already established and is set and comfortable, I can see that being an issue.
    As for the creep factor... I don't really get that, who am I to judge someone's attraction to someone else. But then I'm an old guy lol!

I like em old! ;)
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 50. This thread is kinda depressing. lol
  • GibsonSG_67
    GibsonSG_67 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    ready4_50 wrote: »
    I'm almost 50. This thread is kinda depressing. lol

I hear ya man lol! ^^
  • Mykaylauk
    Mykaylauk Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if there's a connection does it really matter?
  • for_ever_young66
    Options
    Mykaylauk wrote: »

Yes. To me, it's all about maturity. I've met some very immature people who are quite older than me.

• Nograce80
    Nograce80 Posts: 8,443 Member
    Options
    Meh I like a 51 year old now. I think he's totally hot. What's wrong with being 50?
  • TryThisAgain22
    TryThisAgain22 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options

Funny I'd find you here.
  • Mykaylauk
    Options

Yes. To me, it's all about maturity. I've met some very immature people who are quite older than me.

But that's what I mean. A connection. Not just sexually, but intellectually .

• MisterRok
    MisterRok Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I've been taken back by the intellectual maturity of someone half my age.

I've been taken back by the intellectual maturity of someone half my age. It's quite the shock.
  • for_ever_young66
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

Find out. See if a man 25 years your senior is interested in having an intellectual relationship with you :smile:

Hey, us older dudes are not all shallow you know. I watch all those Kate Upton interviews because she offers great insight. Of course I can't type this without keeping a straight face. Lol
  • Mykaylauk
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

Find out. See if a man 25 years your senior is interested in having an intellectual relationship with you :smile:

My ex husband was 17 yrs older, and didn't seem to have a problem with keeping up to me intellectually...sadly, he couldn't keep it in his pants!

• Mykaylauk
    Options
    Maximus wrote: »
    @mykaylauk so you're saying I have a chance?

As long as you can string a sentence together! Us younger women are quite shallow!

• Mykaylauk
    Options
    We're sneaky too...but totally worth it!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    In my experience, there's also a huge difference being an early 20 something and age difference vs age differences later in life. I personally did a lot of changing in my 20s...I'm not even remotely the same person that I was when I was in my early 20s or even mid to late 20s. I'm 41 now though and I'm pretty much the same guy I was in my 30s....

I just think there's a lot of changing that goes on in your 20s which would make it difficult to have a serious, long term relationship with someone in their 30s or older. hell, I know plenty of people who were of the same age in their 20s and got married, etc...only to find out 10 years later that they're completely different people and end up getting divorced.
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    depends on if theres a connection, and where both of you are in your lives, if youve got similar goals and theres a connection dating is fine no matter what the age difference is, but do keep in mind youre more likely to change lots in the next few years where he might not.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Your 21 so legally its all good if hes older
  • Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,464 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number.