• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    wmuljz82p7r3.jpg

They may find this interesting.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15090625

What's that?? A study?? You mean you base your fitness principles on real scientific evidence??
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    wmuljz82p7r3.jpg

That? That was helpful.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I found taking my weight (say 160) and dividing by two (80) and drinking at least that many ounces of water a day helped tremendously.

I HATE exercising so I added walking my dog 1 block more, 10 reps of arm lifts with whatever is handy (water bottles, canned food, weights) several times a day, and lying on the floor while watching tv and holding an exercise ball with my legs tucked close to my buttocks doing 10-25 crunches is doable.

I cut out dairy, all grains but brown rice and oatmeal, and pork. I use coconut oil for cooking. I love stir fry and they're always different. Lots a veggies of all colors. I do allow myself an occasional alcoholic beverage. Once a month I allow myself to eat whatever pleases me. Usually that means adding a slice of cheese because I'm not a big fan of sweets.

Hope this helps. I've lost 30 pounds since January.

I......just......can't.
  • Angiefit4life
    Angiefit4life Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »
    I found taking my weight (say 160) and dividing by two (80) and drinking at least that many ounces of water a day helped tremendously.

I HATE exercising so I added walking my dog 1 block more, 10 reps of arm lifts with whatever is handy (water bottles, canned food, weights) several times a day, and lying on the floor while watching tv and holding an exercise ball with my legs tucked close to my buttocks doing 10-25 crunches is doable.

I cut out dairy, all grains but brown rice and oatmeal, and pork. I use coconut oil for cooking. I love stir fry and they're always different. Lots a veggies of all colors. I do allow myself an occasional alcoholic beverage. Once a month I allow myself to eat whatever pleases me. Usually that means adding a slice of cheese because I'm not a big fan of sweets.

Hope this helps. I've lost 30 pounds since January.

I......just......can't.

I have eaten everything you've eliminated and have lost 36# since middle of December. All about CICO
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    wmuljz82p7r3.jpg

Someone has already said that research would take the fun out of dieting. They would rather just go with what some random stranger on a web site tells them.

IDK

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    This thread is super helpful in making me feel sad about the forums.
  • domgibson88
    domgibson88 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I do my grocery shopping ONCE every two weeks..I buy all I need and and have a system of what I will make in those two weeks (doesnt have to be too specific) I do not buy crackers, snacky foods or sweets, they are NEVER in my house...if I happen to be craving something, I have to go out and get it. Shopping for groc less helps, you would be surprised how produce can last if you buy extra fresh stuff and the less time spent in the grocery store the better, shop along the perimeter of the store, all the good stuff like produce, meats, dairy (somewhat healthy) are on the perimeter, spend as little time in the middle that's where all the packaged stuff is
  • acuster530
    acuster530 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Before I eat anything, I like to do heavy cardio for about 10-20+ minutes, it really helps my metabolism and makes me feel more satiated in the day. I can go with about 900-1200 calories left at the end of the day (with calories lost from my running) as opposed to just barely making it when I don't.
  • stopdropandstay
    stopdropandstay Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Drinking LOOOOOADS of water really helped me. I didn't realize what a difference it made, but I just felt soo much better. My binge tendencies wouldn't be as active..
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    acuster530 wrote: »
    Before I eat anything, I like to do heavy cardio for about 10-20+ minutes, it really helps my metabolism and makes me feel more satiated in the day. I can go with about 900-1200 calories left at the end of the day (with calories lost from my running) as opposed to just barely making it when I don't.

The fact that this is being presented as helpful information in a stickied thread is terrifying.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    acuster530 wrote: »

May want to read this:
    http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/blog/my-new-study-on-fasted-cardio-and-fat-loss-take-home-points/

And here's one for others who think eating 6x per day is boosting their metabolism:
    http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/blog/are-frequent-meals-beneficial-for-body-composition/
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    So to summarize this thread so far for eating tips:

no potato
    no bread
    no pasta
    no rice
    no white carbs
    no apples
    no condiments
    no dairy
    No soda / pop
    No cheese on sandwiches or burgers
    fat free milk only
    no buns
    no fancy coffees
    no white sugar but brown's okay
    no candy
    fruit has sugar
    no milk chocolate
    no oatmeal
    no pork

Did I miss anything? This has to be the LEAST helpful post I've seen for newbies, I feel like I just read the front cover of all those magazines at the checkout counter, at the same time.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    And now I will contribute my own advice, that I have posted a few times for people who weren't losing.

Buy a food scale, weigh and log everything.

Do cardio if you want, and if you do, only eat back 50% of your calories (if you are losing faster than expected after logging for a few weeks, then up the % you eat back). Lift weights and hit your protein goal to help maintain muscle mass while losing.

Cheat meals that take you over maintenance will sabotage your efforts. Log the cheat meals too (falls under the 'log everything' rule).

Eat anything you want in moderation, keeping in mind that your diet will be easier to stick with if you chose foods that make it easier to stay under your calories without feeling hungry.

Also it would be a good idea to read some of the (former) stickies at the top of the various forums such as:
    Calorie Counting 101
    Logging Accuracy, Consistency, & You're Probably Eating More Than You Think
    A Guide To Get You Started on Your Path To Sexy Pants
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Interesting that the OP logged a 3lb weight loss in total and last logged in 7 months ago