Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mdumaxh9SG1r70t47o1_500.gif

Raver Jesus!

I don't know why but that reminds me of that old joke:

Q: why can't you hold a Nativity Play in Nottingham
    A: where are you going to find 3 wise men and a virgin in Nottingham???

Oh, we're doing jesus jokes now?

Ok ...

So Jesus Christ walks into a hotel, throws three nails on the counter and says; "can you put me up for the night?"

So good!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I am an atheist, and the blatant disrespect and meanspiritedness many of you arw showing is disgusting. I hope you all feel nice and superior now.
  • shapelyzombie
    shapelyzombie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    People deserve respect. Beliefs do not.

The belief is what is being ridiculed. NOT the person.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    How is this even still going??!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

Any adult who believes in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, Jesus, Mohammed, the Easter bunny, leprechauns, fairies, reincarnation, life of any sort after death, psychics, angels, astrology, creationism, or a flying spaghetti monster is either delusional or poorly educated. These people deserve pity- not ridicule.

It's sad to me that you had to make a fake account just to post your opinion without being reported...
  • wineplease
    wineplease Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Any adult who believes in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, Jesus, Mohammed, the Easter bunny, leprechauns, fairies, reincarnation, life of any sort after death, psychics, angels, astrology, creationism, or a flying spaghetti monster is either delusional or poorly educated. These people deserve pity- not ridicule.
    Oh, look at you setting up a new profile just to come in here and bash people. Aren't you a peach.
  • whierd
    Options

Beliefs that do not affect you deserve respect out of the respect of the person believing. And I am sure thst your pity is unnecessary.
  • wineplease
    Options
    It's sad to me that you had to make a fake account just to post your opinion without being reported...
    You beat me to it. Cowards hide behind fake accounts.
  • wineplease
    Options
    I am an atheist, and the blatant disrespect and meanspiritedness many of you arw showing is disgusting. I hope you all feel nice and superior now.

Thank you! I like when an atheist will speak up and tell other atheists they're being @sses. I do the same when I see Christians do it.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering that myself... not the thread but the behavior toward the OP. Mentioning you have less friends now because you've moved and that meal planning will help... it deserves insults, mocking and other derogatory comments?

What happened to us moving on if we don't care for a thread or it simply isn't a topic that interests us? I hear others that are actually posting in this thread type that so often... it really is pretty easy to move on.

Cheers for a good day OP.... 99.9% of MFP members are AWESOME! The staff is great and find yourself a group of friends and stick with them and you'll go far.

Yes I agree, meal planning is a great way to go, it helps immensely!:happy:
  • run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    lame on the haters. just move on to another thread of you don't like the topic.

oh... and God Bless.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options

Translation: People deserve respect, but I get to mock the hell out of them if they happen to believe in something I disagree with.

I don't think that word respect means what you think it means.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    have-you-found-jesus.jpg

bwahahahahahahah!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I don't want to be mean spirited, and I'm happy y'all have a friend in Jesus....but the cartoons and gifs are way funny.

and no, Jesus can't stand me...but I have friends AND cable TV.

awesomeness!
  • whierd
    Options

Thank you! I like when an atheist will speak up and tell other atheists they're being @sses. I do the same when I see Christians do it.

People who claim to be atheists but bash religion are actually anti-theists. But most aren't smart enough to know that word.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Don't people who believe in Jesus assemble in groups once or twice a week? Seems like a good way to meet people. Actually, when I was single I was considering believing in Jesus because not only would I probably be happier, but more women than men go to church so I figured I could find myself a 9 despite being a 6. However, I just couldn't get past the lack of hard evidence to favor one religion or another, so I gave up and just found myself a cute sinner.

I think Billy Joel had it right..."I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun..."
  • kikilewis
    kikilewis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering that myself... not the thread but the behavior toward the OP. Mentioning you have less friends now because you've moved and that meal planning will help... it deserves insults, mocking and other derogatory comments?

What happened to us moving on if we don't care for a thread or it simply isn't a topic that interests us? I hear others that are actually posting in this thread type that so often... it really is pretty easy to move on.

Cheers for a good day OP.... 99.9% of MFP members are AWESOME! The staff is great and find yourself a group of friends and stick with them and you'll go far.

Yes I agree, meal planning is a great way to go, it helps immensely!:happy:

Interestingly enough you forgot about the part where they mentioned Jesus, which is what everyone is responding to. No one is mocking not having friends or meal planning. Just the inappropriateness of bringing religion into a public forum that is not Christian based (that I know of).
  • wineplease
    Options
    People who claim to be atheists but bash religion are actually anti-theists. But most aren't smart enough to know that word.

I've used that word when an atheist was bashing religion, but he didn't appreciate that much. Told me I don't know what I'm talking about.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

Yeah, but being realistic, the only reason to start a jesus thread outside of the xtian groups is to cause what's happening here.
This discussion has been closed.