How much do you pay per month at your current gym?

Options

Replies

• Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    $155 a month for Crossfit and $10 a month for Planet Fitness. Both are totally worth it. I've never gotten better results than when I started at my CF box. Planet Fitness is pretty terrible but for ten bucks its worth it alone to use the dreadmill when the weather is too nasty to run outside.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Well, my membership is currently free (for entering a walk / run contest and having my name drawn out of a hat), so that effing rules. Normally, however, it's only $15 / month. I think it's totally worth it, even though it's a small gym. The price is right, they have free weights and cardio equipment, Insanity / P90X / T25 and a big projector, and they are open 24 hours a day. As my wife reminds me, it's even worth it if our water heater craps out, so we can take hot showers right down the road.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    loved1 wrote: »
    Most recently $10 at Planet Fitness - not worth it; then $10 at Gold's Gym - worth it. Much better atmosphere and equipment. Gold's has a $40 annual fee. I usually stop my membership before the annual fee is due and go back later after running season is over.

Gold's gym is $10 a month? The one by my house is $40 a month!!

They have a basic membership for $10 (though it may vary by location) ... no guest pass, only at the one you sign up with, only covers cardio machines and weights so no classes. And most of the sales people won't offer it, you have to ask for it (and sometimes they still try to upsale)

But I feel like it's totally worth it, I have access to the power rack and all the weights I could use. My husband and I each have a membership and we're talking about getting our teenagers signed up. (The family pass might be better at this point, $90 a month I think and includes child care for the youngers, which is normally $15 a month)
  • ajravanos
    ajravanos Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    $20 a month for planet fitness. paid the higher price so i could go to any planet fitness in the country since i travel often for work. it's not the best gym if you're planning to go for a full body, intense work out, but i only use it for their cardio equipment...so it gives me what i need for a cheap price.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    vamaena wrote: »
    Mines a bit different. My health insurance has a deal with local gyms. I pay $25 to the health insurance plan and that gets me a card that gets me into 25-30 gyms in the area. That said, I mostly go to the Y with that card. My local Y is about $40 a month, so my $25 is a great deal.

That's pretty awesome. I wonder if my health insurance has something similar because that would be soo neat!
    Look on their web page. I think it's part of "Obamacare" to have those kinds of "preventative" incentives.
    All the insurance choices we were given had something similar. Either ONE gym (like SNAP) for super cheap or several gyms for a set cost.

• taivazian
    Options
    $138 per month for me and my wife, they have all the fitness equipment, tennis, raquetball, pool, warm water pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, basketball, and it is run by the hospital.
  • prettychelly
    prettychelly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Nothing because I work there sort of part time. It's a YMCA. I have access to everything, pool, fitness center, classes, and gymnasium. I do pay for personal training when I sign up with a small discount though.
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I pay $0 to work out at the gym on site at work.

I also pay nothing to work out in the great outdoors on the weekends.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Whatever I pay for utilities, my gym is in my basement.

Is it worth it? Absolutely.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    $17.98 per month, La Fitness.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the gym, so I workout at home.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    40 a month, limited access. I think it's a bit high, as there's no pool and a limited weight selection. I'll probably look for a different one when my membership is up.
  • elsie0o0
    elsie0o0 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I paid $510 for a year at Gold's Gym including enrollment fee which is $42.50 a month, but my insurance gives me a $150 refund per year so it's more like $30 per month.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I work at our local YMCA so I get a free membership, but Id like to share our membership pricing to see how it compares!

For an adult its 54.05 a month. That includes cardio theater/free weights/air assisted machines, all classes, pool, saunas, showers, basketball court, pool table, racquetball..

I think its a good deal for how much we offer! =)

I pay $85 a month for a family membership!! The YMCA also includes Child Watch! Very so much worth it!

• mseslee
    mseslee Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    $33 after taxes and fees
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    $10 for a 24 hour gym with free weight area
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    £12.99 per month at my local Pure Gym
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,629 Member
    Options
    £55 a month, so $89 at current exchange rates. People who say buying free weights for home is better value clearly don't live in Central London or Manhattan, where a spare bedroom costs about an additional $500-$650 a month in rent or mortgage. Joining a gym is way cheaper.
  • Fitmom120811
    Fitmom120811 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I refuse to pay for a gym when I have the videos and programs to get my results at home. 21 day fix is AMAZING>
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    £80/$130 a month for me, my bf and my son. My son can access the gym during certain hours, free childcare up to 4 hours a day, training sessions for kids now and then, karate for kids and family swim times. For us there's an excellent swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, tanning beds, access to gym 6am-10pm which has good equipment and a free weights area, all classes included. Can use any gym in the country as well. Staff are amazing and really friendly :)