How much do you pay per month at your current gym?

Options
Do you think it's worth it? Why or why not?

Replies

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    $49 per month @ my regular gym (has a pool, lots of free weights & good classes)...$100 per month @ Crossfit. $5 per class drop in yoga @ a local yoga studio. What can I say? I have no other hobbies?! It's all totally worth it to me, especially the Crossfit because in addition to the CF classes, through my box, I have several USA-W Olympic weightlifting coaches and a dedicated powerlifting coach that work with me on the side @ no extra charge (as well as a physical therapist who teaches mobility classes).
  • catb58
    catb58 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    $26.99/month and that includes all the classes I want. Without the unlimited classes option, it would be $19.99 and an extra $5 per class.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    $25/month huge pool, cardio cinema, racketball courts, tanning beds, I love it there!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    About 50 a month for my closest gym, and $5 a week drop in powerlifting coaching. About to start spending 125 a month for full programming and coaching, and I'm excited for it
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I go to a personal training studio so I pay my trainers hourly rate each session. Because I have been a customer for a long time, I pay $25 for hour long sessions. Best $300 I spend a month.
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    €15 per month, no classes. Its cheap but not worth it because its in a university, machines break down often, mats are ripped and take ages to replace but location is convenient for me.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    £52 pcm($100).
    25m pool,2 weight studios,000s cardio machines,unlimited classes ,initial health work-up and ongoing,personalised monitored personal training plan.
    trainers roam floor daily for free on the spot advice/ queries too.
    good value for me.
  • DannehBoyy
    DannehBoyy Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    £200 for the year, it includes use of the pool, sports hall, all of the fitness classes and the squash courts.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    zero,, I believe you can do it all on your own, FOR FREE, with better results.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Do you think it's worth it? Why or why not?
    I have a family membership at Paramount Sports Complex which comes to only $20 per month for me. It's well worth it, because fitness needs to be fun.

They have a complete fitness center with strength and cardio equipment and weights, a full basketball court, a martial arts dojo, a multi-level climbing and play structure for children, a rock wall and a full gymnastic training center.

Paramount is a place to build functional strength and peak fitness.
    And no bodybuilders...lol
    je31fyxzdwnq.jpg
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    $105 for three months and it's all about the iron and some cardio machines. I love the 24 hour access feature and how secure it is. When I get there after work around midnight or so, I'm usually the only one there. Maybe one of two, but the other is usually finishing up. I love it.
  • be_patient
    be_patient Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    $77 per month (!!!)
    Absolutely not worth it, 5 showers and 4 toilets, no cleaners but the staff (hence they're almost always filthy)
    Not a great range of machines...
    One squat rack. One smith machine.
    Not too many cardio pieces either, except for the 10 treadmills :')

Normally these facilities are alright, but almost 80 a month?
    They do offer free breakfasts and toiletries, but they're of the most budget standard and will do you more harm than good.
    Also try to keep hooking you into loopholes and make you pay more.

Good things are it's a womens' gym and 24 hours.
    Absolutely looking to change after this year's membership finishes...

• Whagwan83
    Whagwan83 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    £26.99 for PureGym in Wandsworth, which includes 8 classes/week (I take 1 or 2 at most) and is 24/7. This also gives me access to all PureGyms in the UK which is useful when I travel for work. It's really cheap for a large central London gym...
  • destinyhope12345
    destinyhope12345 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I pay £29.95 a month as was referred to the gym by my gp. It should normally be £50. I get unlimited swimming, gym time and classes. A session with a trainer once a month to review my programme and there are always 2 people there who can give you help if you need it
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    £18.99 a month for Pure Gym (in fact £17.99 a month for membership of my home gym plus an extra £1 a month to be able to go to a secondary branch - works well for me as I currently live between mine and my fiance's place and there are Pure Gyms close by both our houses).

UK budget chain with mostly free classes and open 24 hours. I rarely shower at the gym and wouldn't use things like sunbeds/sauna/jacuzzi or hang around at an in-branch coffee bar so the "no frills" set up suits me perfectly.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Buy weights for home. One off cost. Gyms I generally find a bit too expensive for the service you get.
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Most recently $10 at Planet Fitness - not worth it; then $10 at Gold's Gym - worth it. Much better atmosphere and equipment. Gold's has a $40 annual fee. I usually stop my membership before the annual fee is due and go back later after running season is over.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I pay about 100.00 for three month membership... to a really basic gym... mostly running machines and bikes.... but i am into dumbbells and free weights.... so it is cool... I also keep a set of weights and bench in my office for a quicky....
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I work at our local YMCA so I get a free membership, but Id like to share our membership pricing to see how it compares!

For an adult its 54.05 a month. That includes cardio theater/free weights/air assisted machines, all classes, pool, saunas, showers, basketball court, pool table, racquetball..

I think its a good deal for how much we offer! =)
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    loved1 wrote: »
    Most recently $10 at Planet Fitness - not worth it; then $10 at Gold's Gym - worth it. Much better atmosphere and equipment. Gold's has a $40 annual fee. I usually stop my membership before the annual fee is due and go back later after running season is over.

Gold's gym is $10 a month? The one by my house is $40 a month!!