How much do you pay per month at your current gym?

Options

Replies

• fightingformylife
    Options
    $29.99 a month. This includes everything at the gym. It's the lowest level of clubs, so they don't have everything that a super or ultra sport gym would have, such as raquetball courts, tennis, etc. I do have access to a pool and plenty of cardio, weight machines and free weights. They have a lot of classes too.
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    $45/mo. It's an old neighborhood gym with a ton of free weights (2 power cages!), cardio machines, classes, and a swimming pool. It's 4 blocks from my house so totally worth it for me. I'd love a gym in my basement but I would have to dig another foot or so to make that happen.

For $150/mo I can get membership to this gym plus an affiliated CrossFit. It's not a bad deal, and I'm considering checking it out.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I pay an annual rate of $490. With that I get access to all classes, full access to the gym. As well as access to a 24 hour section of the gym. I think it is worth it because there are other gyms in my area that cost much more, I like the friendly and professional atmosphere. I especially like that there is a weight area outside in a covered patio. I also get access to a wide range of personal trainers, each with their own focus and expertise. There is not a pool or courts of any kind at my particular location. However, for an addition $15 dollars I can drop by any of the other locations around town.
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    vamaena wrote: »
    Mines a bit different. My health insurance has a deal with local gyms. I pay $25 to the health insurance plan and that gets me a card that gets me into 25-30 gyms in the area. That said, I mostly go to the Y with that card. My local Y is about $40 a month, so my $25 is a great deal.

That's pretty awesome. I wonder if my health insurance has something similar because that would be soo neat!
    Look on their web page. I think it's part of "Obamacare" to have those kinds of "preventative" incentives.
    All the insurance choices we were given had something similar. Either ONE gym (like SNAP) for super cheap or several gyms for a set cost.

I might not be able to do it then, with the lack of Obamacare in Canada. :smiley: You never know though, my company miiiiight still do it. They do cover a lot of weird/random stuff.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    $10/month at Planet Fitness for me... now it's just finding the time to get there...
  • rrabe78
    rrabe78 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My main gym is $47.50 a month for a family membership. Great pool, all brand new equipment (it was built like 2 years ago with the best of everything). 3 beautiful power cages that are rarely in use and wifi to stream my netflix if I get on the dreadmill. Some free classes and some for small ($3) fee. What makes it even better is that my hubby's work reimburses 100% of the cost if I go at least 35 times a quarter- so added incentive to get out of bed and head in there.

My work also has a small cruddy gym and I will go to on my lunch break and zone out on the elliptical (more stress relief than workout) and that one is free.
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    $10 a month at gold's gym
  • nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I pay £35 a month for my gym and it's great - ladies only and tons of classes, lots of support and the staff are lovely.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    $20/month and worth it for what I'm using it for. I also spend $65 for 8 dance lessons at a studio and $260 for 8 sessions of personal training. haha
  • niavalentino
    niavalentino Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    ZAR555/$50 month for a Club 1-year membership and it is definitely worth it. Virgin Active is very clean and the staff are extremely friendly.

All the machines are up to date and if something breaks down - it is immediately taken care of. The amount I pay also includes all the classes that are offered, the usage of the pool, steam room, sauna, squash courts, and mountain bikes that you can take into the forest right next door. There's plenty of locker room and shower space that are always kept clean as well! The only things it does not include are meals/drinks from Kauai and personal trainer sessions, but sessions are reasonably priced. From what I can remember at my consultation four months ago... to work with a personal trainer you're looking at about ZAR150/$13 a session. VA is also great about doing personal trainer package deals. The one right now is ZAR1499/$136 for 24 sessions.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I go to Gold's Gym. It was $49 a month, then I went in one day and talked to the manager because I liked the gym but couldn't afford it. He dropped it to $19.99 a month. Definitely worth it, it's 5 minutes from my house, has lots of equipment, is open at the times I need it and the customer service has been excellent.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I pay $45 a month to use a physical therapy studio like a gym. They have the machines, weights, balls, bands, etc., plus the PT acts as a personal trainer for me, guiding me, advising me, helping me make up a plan of exercise, etc.
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    The only gym near my work or home that I am saving up for is going to cost me $105 a month plus the initiation fees of something like $150.... unless I buy two years up front from Costco and then it is $768 up front and $34 a month...

I want the membership and will be getting it, but I don't know if it is worth it. I pay for a lot of things that are not really worth it because I want them and as an adult I can.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I have a YMCA membership. I pay $68 a month for my family, and that's with a $5 a month discount through my husband's employer. I think it's worth it, since we get access to the gym and pool, as well as their childcare service so we don't have to worry about the kids.
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    kshadows wrote: »
    I have a YMCA membership. I pay $68 a month for my family, and that's with a $5 a month discount through my husband's employer. I think it's worth it, since we get access to the gym and pool, as well as their childcare service so we don't have to worry about the kids.

Oh how I miss the YMCA :(

Great gym! The location I went to anyways...

• Hypoxic_81
    Hypoxic_81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    $30 month taxes in. I live out in the boonies so its a community centre but it includes unlimited classes (except TRX training), has a large variety of cardio machines, a good weight machine circuit and a decently large area for free weight use. Open 6am-10pm on weekdays and 7am-7pm on weekends (so weekend hours aren't great for most people but I'm usually out of town then so its fine for me). I really don't have any complaints about the facility plus I have access to the town next-door's community arena which also has a (smaller) fitness section.

The best part for me is the gym location. It's about 2 mins from my place (walk to the end of my street, cross the main street and you're there!!) so "getting to the gym" never eats into my workout time when I'm busy. :smiley:

A gym membership might not be worth it for some people but I'll be honest, I never worked out as hard when I did on my own at home so the few dollars I put towards it really help me get results.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    $25 at Anytime Fitness, but to do the exercises I need to do, I have to use three different gyms.
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    $50/month

Do I use it enough no. Do i hate going there YES.

Treadmills try to kill me. Not even kidding. I"ll jog for a warm up and then get up to a 6 for a run and the belt randomly lags and I feel like i'm going to go head first into the machine. I'm scared to do any sprint training on the machines.

This particular location is PACKED. Looking for a bench to do some free weights is nearly impossible. It's like starving birds looking for their prey and they all flock to the bench like its bait.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    jchenks wrote: »
    $50/month

Do I use it enough no. Do i hate going there YES.

Treadmills try to kill me. Not even kidding. I"ll jog for a warm up and then get up to a 6 for a run and the belt randomly lags and I feel like i'm going to go head first into the machine. I'm scared to do any sprint training on the machines.

This particular location is PACKED. Looking for a bench to do some free weights is nearly impossible. It's like starving birds looking for their prey and they all flock to the bench like its bait.
    Free! My ambulance squad has a gym, in house. 24 hour access, tho' I do get jchenks problem with the treadmills, ours do the same thing. "they" say it's an easy fix, a simple adjustment, but "they" haven't done anything to fix it yet, so I avoid the treadmill and stick to the other stuff. There's always the great outdoors for walking/running. No classes, but we do have an exercise room off the main gym with a big TV/DVD and lots of choices; from T25 to P90X (1-3), yoga, Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper, Body Beast, HipHop Abs, etc....
    It's not ideal, but it's convenient and affordable...so totally worth it. :)